Sponsored

2015 Mustang to race at Goodwood THIS Saturday (updated w/ videos)

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
If only the hood was properly aligned. ;)

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm really hoping the hood alignment issue isn't something that goes out over time and it's just an issue with the fitment of a few of the first few pre-production cars.

Sponsored

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
I don't think it is a fitment issue.. It is a matter of the shape and curves of the front of the hood and the cowl which gives it an appearance that there is a fitment issue.. It's not! Sometimes taking a photo of certain cars will give this impression because of angles.... Its not just the mustang... it is with others too.... If you saw the car in person... You would think otherwise... Also lighting and shaddows can give that impression or even make it worse. I did not see that problem with the car I saw at the autoshow

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think it is a fitment issue.. It is a matter of the shape and curves of the front of the hood and the cowl which gives it an appearance that there is a fitment issue.. It's not! Sometimes taking a photo of certain cars will give this impression because of angles.... Its not just the mustang... it is with others too.... If you saw the car in person... You would think otherwise... Also lighting and shaddows can give that impression or even make it worse. I did not see that problem with the car I saw at the autoshow
Mmmm Kay

I do get your point, it can sometimes look funky just based on the angle of a picture. But this is certainly not the case with this car. There are plenty of pictures of the 15 that don't exhibit this issue regardless of angle, but there are also a number of them that do.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
Mmmm Kay

I do get your point, it can sometimes look funky just based on the angle of a picture. But this is certainly not the case with this car. There are plenty of pictures of the 15 that don't exhibit this issue regardless of angle, but there are also a number of them that do.
I Agree.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
[ame]

oj5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Sounds almost identical to the Roadrunner in the Boss. This video made me so much more impatient.. Ugh!

Sponsored

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
So, I calculate about a 72 second time on that run. He wasn't pushing very hard in some spots though. I wonder how fast it could be for someone really trying hard to get a good time. Could it beat 60 seconds? I think so.

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
So, I calculate about a 72 second time on that run. He wasn't pushing very hard in some spots though. I wonder how fast it could be for someone really trying hard to get a good time. Could it beat 60 seconds? I think so.
I timed it with a stopwatch and got about 68 seconds. And yes, I agree that was not full out by any means. He was going pretty easy and short shifting it in several places.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Cool video. Thanks. But……

Those airbag stickers on the visors are HUGE. Gross. They take up 2/3 the back side of the visor. They are going to stick out like a sore thumb and like most other visor stickers probably be a pain in the butt to remove.

I foresee an interior mod in my future by taking these off or buying some visor cover or sticker to hide those monstrosities.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT