Sponsored

2015 Mustang interior: Gauge, Instrument Cluster, Center Console Pic!!

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
This interior has a lot to be desired. Not digging the three circular vents at all. Come on Ford!!!! This can't be it.
Sponsored

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
I'd rather have the round vents. The current vents are garbage above the center stack.

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2018 Focus RS
Well, we've been getting increments all these years from J May's original 2005 overly retro look. The 2010 was a slight increment:

And now the 2015 is another increment too. I have to wonder what Ford could come up with it they didn't have that retro baggage all the time.
At least the airbag isn't so much prominent anymore... more in proportion.

But the rim needs to be thicker.

FordBlueHeart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Torr
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 301A PP1 A10 Magneride
I'd prefer fewer buttons on the steering wheel myself.
This has the same amount of buttons as our Escape Titanium. Not a big deal.
Looks good, I like the 3 vents. That is SOOO much better than the big thing they stuck in the new BMW 4 series.
I do too.
And what's the point of that tape bit over the pony? ANYONE can still see it's there, so why bother?!
Maybe it hides some slight styling changes or Gold color for the 50th?
I'd rather have the round vents. The current vents are garbage above the center stack.
I have never noticed the middle vents of any car making that huge of a difference anyways.

Sponsored

Mriley

Agreed the round vents look much better than the current ones. Not sure what the big deal is anyway, the current one has round vents on the driver and passenger side. These look basically the same except with a double louvered cover. Looks cleaner IMO.

I also wonder if this means the turbo 4 comes standard with MFT. I would assume the control pods on the steering wheel will only be on there when it is equipped with MFT.

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
Round vents are nice because they allow more adjustment for airflow than the rectangular ones IMO. I don't care for the '10-14 center vents because as you adjust the left/right position, you cut airflow. The round vents don't appear to have this problem. Not all models are going to have three vents up there anyways...

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
The speedo and tach need to swap sides.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Wow, those gauges are so plain. I liked the retro gauge font. But even if they wanna go modern, make them more attractive than that. The Ford Escape has more exciting gauges. Really hope these aren't production gauges.

MustangMarine

Round vents are nice because they allow more adjustment for airflow than the rectangular ones IMO. I don't care for the '10-14 center vents because as you adjust the left/right position, you cut airflow. The round vents don't appear to have this problem. Not all models are going to have three vents up there anyways...
Circular vents also seem to be the fashionable style right now. Everything from the newest Mercedes to Audis. I like how it looks and how it matches the gauge shapes. :thumbsup:

Standman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chrysler 300 SRT8
This is probably something totally obvious that I'm missing but I was looking at the steering wheel and noticed there seems to be something on both the left and right sides of the pony emblem that have been taped up. It also appears on the production finish pic.

One of those the horn symbol?
Probably both

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
It looks fine to me, though admittedly I don't get overly worked up over interiors as long as they look clean and things make sense ergonomically.

I like the three center vents. Has a bit of an Audi TT look to it.