Sponsored

2015 Mustang interior: Gauge, Instrument Cluster, Center Console Pic!!

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
I also like the circular vents. Not only do they seem to flow nicely with the circular tach and speedo, I think they give better directional airflow range and control.
Sponsored

bullets

I don't have an issue with buttons, it's all the redundancy I have an issue with. If people aren't taking to voice activated controls or a touchscreen on a Mustang maybe buttons is the way to go and just offer a smaller nav screen. Otherwise just force people to get used to it so we're not still stuck having the same debate of buttons versus touchscreen 10 years from now.

pvc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang V6, 2014 Focus ST
At least with the 2013, it was not possible to get digital readout of the current speed on the display between the gauges. I thought that would have been an easy, and nice option to add. I know the gauge shows the speed too, but I find it hard to get a very precise reading. I hope they add that option to the 2015.

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
You guys are right about the lens distortion making the gauges look different sizes. I still don't like the transition between the dash and the center stack. They look like they're from two different cars. I also agree with what someone said about the font used on the gauges - it looks too generic. I know some people complained about the retro font on the current cars being hard to read but at least it's distinctive. I mean come on, it costs nothing to use a creative type face on your gauges and it goes a long way in giving a car a little extra character. It's hardly a deal-breaker but details matter.

Anyone notice that the right edge of the touch screen isn't lined up with the bezel? It's just a prototype so it's obviously not going to be perfect. The only question is just how much do they have left before it's done?

NitroMustang65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Also would be nice if they finally put real axillary gauges in the thing. A real oil pressure gauge that actually fluctuates with oil temp/engine speed, not just an on/off switch. A real coolant temp gauge with numbers and incremental readings.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I'd prefer fewer buttons on the steering wheel myself.
I wholeheartedly agree. 18 buttons is just way too many, never mind that 10 of those buttons are dedicated to navigating menus of some sort. My '08 GT has only four, and I don't use any of them. My wife's '10 Subaru LGT has nine. Seven of those I will never use.

All part of more tech/features/infotainment that needs a convenient way to be controlled while driving.
So why must enthusiast cars cater more to the people who it seems would rather do almost anything but drive the car, than to the people who buy the car for the sake of driving it?

Norm

DBCooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
So why must enthusiast cars cater more to the people who it seems would rather do almost anything but drive the car, than to the people who buy the car for the sake of driving it?

Norm
Because, like it or not, the majority of buyers are not "enthusiasts".

stable68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Crown Victoria LX Sport
Does anyone know where this pic was originally posted?

08gt

Threads
Reaction score
Does anyone know where this pic was originally posted?
S197 Forum.

They didn't explain how they knew it was the I4, but as Kzstang pointed out the red line is probably what gives it away. Not much else was said besides:

"It was driven as well. GM guy but no hate from him. Said he thinks it feels sluggish until in boost, pulls well but not crazy. Also said it sounds very similar to the Focus."

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus

Because the Mustang is not a true enthusiast car. It's not a sports car, it's a sporty/GT car. It's supposed to have a wider appeal. It's a big rental fleet car as well. You can't expect to sell 100K+ units of a vehicle that is bare bones in an era where even some subcompacts are loaded with tech goodies.

Expectations have been raised for what cars should offer, and that's something that can't be ignored.

A bare bones enthusiast oriented car would mean sales at or below where they're currently at, which isn't going to cut it.

Sponsored

J.Darcy

Kind of curious where this picture was taken. I see the blue Focus but the other cars don't look like Fords.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
S197 Forum.

They didn't explain how they knew it was the I4, but as Kzstang pointed out the red line is probably what gives it away. Not much else was said besides:

"It was driven as well. GM guy but no hate from him. Said he thinks it feels sluggish until in boost, pulls well but not crazy. Also said it sounds very similar to the Focus."
Weird, the one eco boost I have driven (f150) and the reports from everyone else has said very little to no turbo lag. Wonder what makes this different.... especially if they didn't go with big turbos, which would have made it "pull crazy" for a stock 4 cylinder on a 3300-3400 lb. Car. Or maybe it is the weight.... ??

Edit: see post below. That's what I've experienced and heard every single time. Curious as to why this would have lag. Maybe he is confusing turbo lag for a high rpm power band?

OKCfan

That's a funny comment because my experience with my Focus ST has been anything but 'sluggish'. Actually the engine pulls so smoothly you don't even feel like a turbo motor most of the time.

Granted it takes much less to move around the Focus but I've also driven the 2.0L Taurus and the power delivery was also smooth and very little lag. If anything I would think the Mustang will benefit from the higher displacement and overall just sturdier car which should prevent it from having any turbo steer issues that the Focus suffers from a bit.

As far as sounding like the Focus.... well, if you're expecting a 4-cyl to sound like the V8 of course you'll be disappointed but I'm sure Ford will find a way to make the exhaust note more respectable than that.

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
Nice find sir!

attachment.jpg

The claim that it is the EB4 matches up with what we were expecting in terms of the 6500RPM redline. For those that did not follow closely, the early mule pics showed this and it was speculated that was the EB4 as its redline matches that of the 2013 Focus ST with its 2.0L EB4.
That picture is the inside of a Fusion, it has never had anything to do with the Mustang.
Sponsored