Sponsored

2015 Mustang Horsepower / Torque Figures and Weight Released!

oj5OH

Threads
Reaction score
I have no doubt it will outperform the boss on the track. But this entire launch has been filled with let downs. The only time I don't think i've been slightly let down by anything being released by this car was on Dec 5th when we all saw what it looks like and irs. I think that is the only case where with a majority of the people here, Ford exceeded expectations. With everything else, Ford has been releasing specs which weren't anywhere near exceeding peoples expectations. It's a trend I expect when they release how much faster around a track the new GT with PP will be than the Boss. I will be disappointed if it isn't significantly faster due to all the hype they brought to the table about beating the boss. It will also be a marketing fail if it doesn't also beat the 1le (even if the 1le has so much better tires) Sure magazines will do a boss/gt PP comparo, but ya wanna know the next comparo they will do...the 1le and the m3/m4.

It won't effect my decision in buying as I'm still a mustang fan but I will still be highly dissatisfied with how Ford handled this launch. I like that we have new tech in the mustang like the eb4 but hate how this launch has been all about it and barely about exceeding performance expectations.
I don't understand where people say this launch is a let down. The claims that Ford has made will be met. They claim it will beat the Boss, they said they've consistently beaten times of the Boss. Ford didn't exceed expectations, all the speculation on the car did. From what I know, they've claimed it will beat the Boss and haven't heard any other claim. They said power was going to increase, it did! The people that weren't impressed more than likely are going to find ways of making more power either way even if the car came with the 450+hp that people were expecting. Ford says it's going to be the most technologically advanced Mustang yet, and judging by the S197, it most definitely is! People weren't understanding what the 68B package consisted of or was, even though it said exactly what it was on the Order Guide. One thing that we all need to understand is that this car is being prepped for worldwide production for the first time and I think Ford is going to take the time they need to make sure it's at 100% and also understand that they've said the car will be in showrooms this Fall so they can satisfy us the customer who are dying to even sit in it. I'm just as eager for this car as the next guy, but I've made myself aware that I probably am going to take delivery mid to late October. I honestly think that impatience is getting the best out of all of us here on the forums and we all need to take a :chill:
Sponsored

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
I don't understand where people say this launch is a let down. The claims that Ford has made will be met. They claim it will beat the Boss, they said they've consistently beaten times of the Boss. Ford didn't exceed expectations, all the speculation on the car did. From what I know, they've claimed it will beat the Boss and haven't heard any other claim. They said power was going to increase, it did! The people that weren't impressed more than likely are going to find ways of making more power either way even if the car came with the 450+hp that people were expecting. Ford says it's going to be the most technologically advanced Mustang yet, and judging by the S197, it most definitely is! People weren't understanding what the 68B package consisted of or was, even though it said exactly what it was on the Order Guide. One thing that we all need to understand is that this car is being prepped for worldwide production for the first time and I think Ford is going to take the time they need to make sure it's at 100% and also understand that they've said the car will be in showrooms this Fall so they can satisfy us the customer who are dying to even sit in it. I'm just as eager for this car as the next guy, but I've made myself aware that I probably am going to take delivery mid to late October. I honestly think that impatience is getting the best out of all of us here on the forums and we all need to take a :chill:
There were more expectations than those brought after the launch. And yes they may have met "their" expectations but what I have mentioned is exceeding the majority of others expectations. I'm not caring to bring up specifics because it's already been rehashed a billion times over. The point of being let down with this launch is ford never gave any real specifics to how high their expectations were giving the public free roam to think and expect something more than what they released. I never said they didn't meet some peoples expectations or theirs. But to really make an extremely successful product you need to wow your consumer and make your product visible (which Ford hasn't done a great job at making the new Stang visible to the public beyond ordinary car shows, the end of a movie, and commercials for a show that I don't even remember the name...oh yea the Black List. All mediocre attempts nothing throwing it in your face...case in point the Camaro was thrown in your face by the transformers movie, I think it's won in sales every year since it's release, as well as specs weren't all that available then until closer to launch). Ford is apparently thinking the Ecoboost will do that as it has been their focus with this launch. IMO they could have made a bigger splash with the GT but maybe they are saving that for another time and letting the EB have the spotlight for a little bit. Hopefully the gt350 is everything everyone is hoping it will be.

as for 68b, really the order guide tells you exactly what it is? yes it describes it but can YOU draw me a picture of what a 68B looks like vs a standard premium interior based off that description? I think not. It is very vague. I do believe we have our answer now in regards to what a 68B looks like due to a window sticker being posted. But nothing by ford has been officially released differentiating what the visual differences are. Do you have any pictures of what the standard interior door panel looks like? Every door panel I have seen has been special. All have had either white stitching, Red insert, red stitching, LE white insert, and i've even seen a door with saddle colored stitching. So please explain what the standard door looks like. It could be solid black with no stitching at all for all we know. Plus how many different order guides updates do we have now...3 or 4? Work in progress I know but still.

I can't believe we have people defending ford on this poor to mediocre job of marketing this launch. Unless you're a mustang fan, I haven't heard one person walking around who even knows there's a new generation coming out. But with that said, they do know about the ecoboost coming to the mustang. I do think their slow leak of info plan works as a marketing plan but how they implemented it and content has been poor. Did it even have a superbowl ad? I don't remember...I think it was the f150....nevermind it was the fusion...oooohhhh exciting stuff there.

bpang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WRX, '11 Forester and '15 Forester
I wouldn't complain about an extra 15hp. It is 100% guaranteed that they have left power on the table despite what Pericak says, and the reason is the next gen Camaro.

This has only strengthened my resolve to wait for the 2017 or 2018 model before I think about buying one.
This is a compelling notion to me...I can almost see myself waiting it out for direct injection and whatever other goodies they will offer once the new Camaro comes out.

I could probably buy another used car in the meantime that won't depreciate as steeply as a brand-new car would. Maybe something like a E92 M3 or something like that to get it out of my system.

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
but I will still be highly dissatisfied with how Ford handled this launch. I like that we have new tech in the mustang like the eb4 but hate how this launch has been all about it and barely about exceeding performance expectations.
I really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the public launch is yet to come. Dealers are just this month and next getting their training for the launch. I haven't heard anything definitive, but it should be around late September.

I have to disagree with your "about exceeding performance" performance is about a total package. You were spoiled with the Coyote jump, it won't happen again. With IRS, MFT, driving modes, plus more, this Mustang is taking a large leap forward. Sorry you were disappointed, but as an investor, I want Ford to make lots of money and the GT isn't where it is at. I'm grateful they kept improving it though.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the public launch is yet to come. Dealers are just this month and next getting their training for the launch. I haven't heard anything definitive, but it should be around late September.

I have to disagree with your "about exceeding performance" performance is about a total package. You were spoiled with the Coyote jump, it won't happen again. With IRS, MFT, driving modes, plus more, this Mustang is taking a large leap forward. Sorry you were disappointed, but as an investor, I want Ford to make lots of money and the GT isn't where it is at. I'm grateful they kept improving it though.
Obviously since they aren't on sale yet. Also thought it was quite obvious by launch I am referring to the public release of the s550 on Dec 5th.:doh: You can have a little more/better marketing of your product before it goes on sale ya know. Again obviously you don't want too much marketing but you want something people are going to remember for when it does go on sale. I guess IRS and Ecoboost does that. IMO it's just not all that exciting and not all that impressive of a thing to remember.

And I wasn't expecting a coyote jump or even a 2004 to 2005 jump. I expected less than that as did most others. Also, just because they improved upon a new model over the older model does not mean they exceeded any expectations. everyone expected the s550 to at least be an improvement. Most expected more. This move isn't going to make any 2011+ owners seriously think about making the jump unless they really like the styling, and want IRS and the potential it has for going around the track, or would have been ready for a new car regardless. I agree some performance is in the eye of the beholder and stock it has improved, beating the boss is no simple feat. Point is as I'm getting carried away here, exceeding expectations on your performance models increases your sales and visibility as does creating new buzz like the ecoboost. In the long run this could turn out to a really good move if the ecoboost really brings in a lot more sales than expected and waiting to market significant improvements for the V8. But like many others have mentioned, time for getting a V8 at an affordable price is running out.

As for Ford making lots of money, the mustang as a whole is a drop in the bucket for ford and accounts for just about 3% of their US sales. Even with that number being so small in the grand scheme of things, having an exciting vehicle in the line-up brings more overall sales to the company. Hence bringing it to the EU. Anyhow no matter how much I or anyone else complains about how ford is marketing the mustang presales, Ford will still be successful, I just want them to be more successful.

Don't get me wrong I'm going to love my mustang and it's not going to be a disappointment. I just wish things were handled a little differently by Ford. Aside from styling and irs (and the performance that it itself already improves upon) the other specs in my opinion are just meh. And it may be minute and you wouldn't even feel 5hp but 440 w/ on increase of 20 sounds a whole lot better than 435 w/ an increase of 15. It might even make the 440 now and Ford just might be pulling another 2012 into 2013 power "improvement". I'm just an annoyed GT buyer since I have no interest in the EB.

Sponsored

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
Obviously since they aren't on sale yet. Also thought it was quite obvious by launch I am referring to the public release of the s550 on Dec 5th.:doh: You can have a little more/better marketing of your product before it goes on sale ya know. Again obviously you don't want too much marketing but you want something people are going to remember for when it does go on sale. I guess IRS and Ecoboost does that. IMO it's just not all that exciting and not all that impressive of a thing to remember.

And I wasn't expecting a coyote jump or even a 2004 to 2005 jump. I expected less than that as did most others. Also, just because they improved upon a new model over the older model does not mean they exceeded any expectations. everyone expected the s550 to at least be an improvement. Most expected more. This move isn't going to make any 2011+ owners seriously think about making the jump unless they really like the styling, and want IRS and the potential it has for going around the track, or would have been ready for a new car regardless. I agree some performance is in the eye of the beholder and stock it has improved, beating the boss is no simple feat. Point is as I'm getting carried away here, exceeding expectations on your performance models increases your sales and visibility as does creating new buzz like the ecoboost. In the long run this could turn out to a really good move if the ecoboost really brings in a lot more sales than expected and waiting to market significant improvements for the V8. But like many others have mentioned, time for getting a V8 at an affordable price is running out.

As for Ford making lots of money, the mustang as a whole is a drop in the bucket for ford and accounts for just about 3% of their US sales. Even with that number being so small in the grand scheme of things, having an exciting vehicle in the line-up brings more overall sales to the company. Hence bringing it to the EU. Anyhow no matter how much I or anyone else complains about how ford is marketing the mustang presales, Ford will still be successful, I just want them to be more successful.

Don't get me wrong I'm going to love my mustang and it's not going to be a disappointment. I just wish things were handled a little differently by Ford. Aside from styling and irs (and the performance that it itself already improves upon) the other specs in my opinion are just meh. And it may be minute and you wouldn't even feel 5hp but 440 w/ on increase of 20 sounds a whole lot better than 435 w/ an increase of 15. It might even make the 440 now and Ford just might be pulling another 2012 into 2013 power "improvement". I'm just an annoyed GT buyer since I have no interest in the EB.

The car gained almost a 100 pounds and only added 15 hp and 20 tq. I've said it before but thats a mid model boost and not a new release. Ford has obviously spent there money in other places than the engine. Lets hope IRS "saves the day"...Outside of that I completely agree that the information we have received at this point has been a let down. Im not sure how any enthusiast gets excited over the data we have seen at this point. If you are excited about weight gain and minor hp/tq improvements you might consider if you are being objective or not...Again lets hope Ford hits a home run with the IRS.

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
I get your frustration, I was hoping for the 50th they would have bumped up the HP to 450, it would have had a nice ring. However, reality sets in and to make it meet Government standards (across the line) it had to be a balance. The long wait for power numbers was no doubt held up a little by getting the right balance. It is a hard balance of what to say before the street date and what to keep close hold.

I think folks will be pleased with the MPG vs performance. My wifes 02 GT Convertible gets about 20MPG with 260HP and 302 lbs of torque. Now a "gulp" 4 cylinder will have 310HP and 320 lbs of torque and is getting 35+MPG, this is huge news. More power, much much better seats, and a $120 savings a month at the pump.

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
I get your frustration, I was hoping for the 50th they would have bumped up the HP to 450, it would have had a nice ring. However, reality sets in and to make it meet Government standards (across the line) it had to be a balance. The long wait for power numbers was no doubt held up a little by getting the right balance. It is a hard balance of what to say before the street date and what to keep close hold.

I think folks will be pleased with the MPG vs performance. My wifes 02 GT Convertible gets about 20MPG with 260HP and 302 lbs of torque. Now a "gulp" 4 cylinder will have 310HP and 320 lbs of torque and is getting 35+MPG, this is huge news. More power, much much better seats, and a $120 savings a month at the pump.
That would definitely be a saving grace for some of us...If the MPGS come back the same or even improved with more power and torque then I think it will definitely soften the blow for a percentage of the users. My only exception for that is that some Mustang owners dont care one bit about MPG. To that crowd it will be like going to McDonalds, ordering a big mac super sized meal and then getting a diet coke to offset the calories....To the crowd that is going to drop an exhaust, a whipple, injectors, CAI, etc, etc they arent going to care about 1 or 2 mpgs on a stock tune or build...15 extra hp from the factor is something they care about, however.

I do care about MPG so any savings would be good for me...You bring up a strong point about MPGs so I look forward to seeing the real MPG numbers.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That would definitely be a saving grace for some of us...If the MPGS come back the same or even improved with more power and torque then I think it will definitely soften the blow for a percentage of the users. My only exception for that is that some Mustang owners dont care one bit about MPG. To that crowd it will be like going to McDonalds, ordering a big mac super sized meal and then getting a diet coke to offset the calories....To the crowd that is going to drop an exhaust, a whipple, injectors, CAI, etc, etc they arent going to care about 1 or 2 mpgs on a stock tune or build...15 extra hp from the factor is something they care about, however.

I do care about MPG so any savings would be good for me...You bring up a strong point about MPGs so I look forward to seeing the real MPG numbers.
I agree, and Ford has stated an MPG improvement across the board for it's Mustang engines. Any increase will be gladly accepted by me. If the gt comes in at 28 hwy mpg, I will be fully excited about the balance of economy and performance ford has done. If it's still 26, I will still be meh, because I don't think they would ever go backwards in efficiency, and not improving is almost the same thing. I only hope the EPA hasn't screwed Ford in that dept by changing the MPG guidance again.

FiveLiterDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
There were more expectations than those brought after the launch. And yes they may have met "their" expectations but what I have mentioned is exceeding the majority of others expectations. I'm not caring to bring up specifics because it's already been rehashed a billion times over. The point of being let down with this launch is ford never gave any real specifics to how high their expectations were giving the public free roam to think and expect something more than what they released. I never said they didn't meet some peoples expectations or theirs. But to really make an extremely successful product you need to wow your consumer and make your product visible (which Ford hasn't done a great job at making the new Stang visible to the public beyond ordinary car shows, the end of a movie, and commercials for a show that I don't even remember the name...oh yea the Black List. All mediocre attempts nothing throwing it in your face...case in point the Camaro was thrown in your face by the transformers movie, I think it's won in sales every year since it's release, as well as specs weren't all that available then until closer to launch). Ford is apparently thinking the Ecoboost will do that as it has been their focus with this launch. IMO they could have made a bigger splash with the GT but maybe they are saving that for another time and letting the EB have the spotlight for a little bit. Hopefully the gt350 is everything everyone is hoping it will be.

as for 68b, really the order guide tells you exactly what it is? yes it describes it but can YOU draw me a picture of what a 68B looks like vs a standard premium interior based off that description? I think not. It is very vague. I do believe we have our answer now in regards to what a 68B looks like due to a window sticker being posted. But nothing by ford has been officially released differentiating what the visual differences are. Do you have any pictures of what the standard interior door panel looks like? Every door panel I have seen has been special. All have had either white stitching, Red insert, red stitching, LE white insert, and i've even seen a door with saddle colored stitching. So please explain what the standard door looks like. It could be solid black with no stitching at all for all we know. Plus how many different order guides updates do we have now...3 or 4? Work in progress I know but still.

I can't believe we have people defending ford on this poor to mediocre job of marketing this launch. Unless you're a mustang fan, I haven't heard one person walking around who even knows there's a new generation coming out. But with that said, they do know about the ecoboost coming to the mustang. I do think their slow leak of info plan works as a marketing plan but how they implemented it and content has been poor. Did it even have a superbowl ad? I don't remember...I think it was the f150....nevermind it was the fusion...oooohhhh exciting stuff there.
The only thing Ford can do is meet their own goals they can't anticipate what every customer will want they gather research and start builiding this car way before anyone knows that it even exists. By the time we all started speculating and hoping and wanting Ford already had made and possibly even achieved some of their goals. If you are someone who thinks "oh I will just wait until next year because *insert new tech* will be so much better and make such vast improvements on the vehicle." Then good luck I hope you are very patient or very rich because you will be either waiting forever or buying a new car every year that is technology people it gets better and better! Yes I will admit maybe Ford dragged this launch out a little longer than it should have but for goodness sakes it is the 50th anniversary of the Mustang they deserve to hype it as much as they see fit. Like I've said before how can you be dissapointed with a vehicle that no one outside of FoMoCo has driven because of what is on a piece of paper. The internet and this forum are making us very impatient but I still believe that the wait will be more than worth it.:ford:

Sponsored

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
What hype?

FiveLiterDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Hype self-generated by the enthusiasts here. I mean hype generated BY Ford.

Keyser_Soze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350 in VB, '13 F150
Hmm, downrated v6 is a little disappointing. Wonder how tunable the 4-banger will be. If it can go to 350-380 safely, that'd be one HELL of a daily driver. 87 lbs and 10 ft lb / 15 HP on the GT have me thinking the car will be quicker to corner, but identical in a straight line, no?

With only 10hp difference, there better be >5mpg difference to justify the price premium between v6 and EB... That or tunability.

Anyone else think the v6 will be the surprise value-buy over the EB? The current one already gets ~31 highway...
Sponsored