Sponsored

2015 Mustang Horsepower / Torque Figures and Weight Released!

SLVRBACK

Tuna on white, no crust
Threads
Reaction score
Are these weight numbers legit? I don't remember ford " officially " telling us them.
Sponsored

LSC5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 Mark VII LSC Special Edition
The new 485hp/475tq Challenger R/T is going to smoke this stang on the street and strip. Ford dropped the ball here.
Uh... the R/T is rated at 375hp and 410tq....
the SRT8 392 makes the 485hp 475tq... hence it's not the GT's competition
Unless you mean the "Scat Pack" which STARTS at $39k and goes up from there, not counting the ADM of course.

SLVRBACK

Tuna on white, no crust
Threads
Reaction score
And this car is whatever you want it go be! Drag or Road race.

It will still get into the 10's easily(with mods), and it will still be tunable to rip around corners.

Its a mustang, which is the best car to make it want you want!

Ryudo83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard EB PP 6-speed
I have to say im completely satisfied with the numbers especially the EB. I wouldnt be suprised if it puts down very close to that on the Dyno. Most of the turbo 4's out there are underrated from the factory just look at VW, Subaru, the Focus ST. Ahh im getting too excited now lol

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
It's more to do with having proper expectations. No point in getting hopes up with lofty wishes only to set yourself up for a higher chance of disappointment.
Yeah, I was only off by 5HP in my expectations. But unfortunately it was 5HP in the wrong direction. :headbonk:

Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
The new 485hp/475tq Challenger R/T is going to smoke this stang on the street and strip. Ford dropped the ball here.
Until it gets to the first corner. Then it will be all Mustang taillights.

jimmythepage666

zoom zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sean
Vehicle(s)
Subaru wrx
It's a sad day for me, I was hoping to place an order for a 2015 pending hp/tq numbers. I'm certain that ford will add DI and more power in the next year or so which would give me huge buyers remorse if I had picked up a 2015. I'll probably give it a test drive to take a peak at the new chasis/suspension, but with no intention of buying the car. Time to start shopping for something else....:brokenheart:

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Fairly accurate was what I said :)
image.jpg

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Even without D.I., the specific torque output is higher than any other production mainstream (n.a.) engine that I'm aware of. Even before this update the Coyote was already up top in this regard. Happy to be corrected. You will need to look at the exotics to find something more efficient, and even then there are only 4 or 5 engines that I can think of. And you can have it in a sub $40k sports car.

These figures would be deemed very respectable in some of the prestige vehicles that are much costlier.

SLVRBACK

Tuna on white, no crust
Threads
Reaction score
Lol @ people not buying the car because the numbers. You would herdly notice a difference between 435 and 445hp. You could take a shit before you drove the car and youd notice a bigger increase is acceleration.

Sponsored

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
I didn't realize there were so many fair weather fans on this site.

It also seems there are several that don't understand hp and weight isn't everything. The IRS and better handling along with the updated design kill it for me. This is gonna be awesome! Can't wait til my test drive in October.

As for future HP increases, how much with DI increase it? I don't see them doing DI for at least another 2 years...with the new body and a gt350 coming soon, what else do they need to keep interest in the car. I'm guessing the mid cycle refresh in 2017 will be DI if we get it at all this body style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80
Just one more HP for the EB and five for the GT, comparing the official power figures with what it was promised in the official press release (at least, here in Spain). They said "more than 309 for the EB and more than 429 for the 5.0"

Are you fooling us, Pericak?? Dissapointing! Indeed, I will buy one!:D

Devon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Maybe we should be thankful there is no DI on the Coyote - it's a recipe for crud buildup on the valves unless used with a dual-injection system. Just ask VAG and BMW owners. I'd gladly sacrifice 15 hp in exchange for not having to do an expensive walnut-shell engine cleanout every 50K miles.

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
http://blogs.motortrend.com/1407_on_the_rollers_we_dyno_the_2015_bmw_m3_last_generation.html

I don't know why the old M3 got such terrible ratings but I doubt the ~25% loss it showed is correct. Something must have gone wrong there.
I think it's possible that whatever was 'wrong' with the E92 testing they did also applied to the '15, which they imply was done during the same session. That E92 measured a good 50HP lower than average for that model. I don't think it's any coincidence that their measurement for the '15 was also about 40-50HP lower than some of the other dyno numbers that have been posted for it.

The reason the new M3/4 put up such great acceleration numbers is because of the dual clutch transmission.
The tranny helps a lot with the 0-60 and E/Ts I'm sure, but the trap speeds it is running are indicative of a car making more than only ~380 at the wheels (425 crank). It's pulling 118-119MPH traps. That's darn fast, considering the published numbers. I'm pretty sure BMW sandbagged their published numbers significantly.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't cancel my order :D. I was giving that poster a thumbs down because of his statement.
I should've known better before making that comment! :p

Yeah, I was only off by 5HP in my expectations. But unfortunately it was 5HP in the wrong direction. :headbonk:
:cheers:
Sponsored