Sponsored

2015 Mustang GT350 Spied With Less Camo

on d bit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jk
They are wrong.

I don't know who that is but I can tell you it is wrong. Too much misinformation being spread by people who have old or incomplete info.

SVT will be a 2015 model year but not available until 2015 (summer). It is still referred to as 2016MY by people on the program since it used to be a 16 and as it stands now is a rather late 15. That is maybe where the confusion is coming from.
There is absolutely no way that Ford or any manufacturer would run a 3 month model year vehicle! You are stating that Ford will bring out the new Mustang SVT summer of 2015 run it for 3 months(July, Aug, Sep) then turn around and sell a 2016 MY Mustang SVT starting in Oct when most if not all the new MY vehicles are out.

Ford certainly has precedence on doing exactly as you state, but calling it the next MY instead.
May/June 2002 The new 2003 Mustang SVT was being sold by dealers nationwide.
July 2006 The new 2007 Mustang SVT was being sold by dealers nationwide.

on d bit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jk
The 50th anniversary gt350 will not sell more of them. It will not increase the sales price of the vehicle, nor the profit margin. Having a three month long MY run with a break and then retooling will no doubt cost time and money.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Retooling? Why would they need to retool between the '15 and '16MY? I'd think the cars will be pretty much identical :shrug:

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
There was some back and forth on this very issue when I started that Vs. thread. I was initially told MY15. I was urged to update the OP to a 2016...

I was told by 3 separate people, that contributed accurate info here and abroad, that it would be a 2015. I guess there was some internal panic about the general set backs that had people jumping the gun. I was told it will be released in 2015 and many people assumed (because Mustang usually is a year ahead) that it would be a 2016 GT350. I was told that was incorrect.

Now, if the entire program was set back, Ford could try an compensate for that by changing the model year changeover month. It's been done before, didn't the S197 come out in January? It was almost a year late or is that backwards?... It's a new model, 3-4 months isn't too shabby. Better than 3-4 years (rolls eyes at Chevy).

Alfalasy

Threads
Reaction score
I've been a fan of classic mustangs. 2015 model got me excited especially those two. Looking forward for more news on this.

KZStang

The 50th anniversary gt350 will not sell more of them. It will not increase the sales price of the vehicle, nor the profit margin. Having a three month long MY run with a break and then retooling will no doubt cost time and money.
No retooling will be required from 2015 to 2016. And yes, a 50th anniversary GT350 would have special significance and in turn, attract collectors, command more value, and Ford would likely increase profits by selling more for a higher price. Do you really doubt that?

Given the timing, if true, I would not be surprised to see it offered as a very limited run.

on d bit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jk
No retooling will be required from 2015 to 2016. And yes, a 50th anniversary GT350 would have special significance and in turn, attract collectors, command more value, and Ford would likely increase profits by selling more for a higher price. Do you really doubt that?

Given the timing, if true, I would not be surprised to see it offered as a very limited run.

No retooling, says who? They always change a few options/standards code sheets paint schemes.

The value will be there down the road yes but not new. Just like it was not there with the initial hit of the GT500 in 07. The price increase to just over 40 large was based on inflation and the evolution of performance not on the name or future collector value. Unfortunately many dealers did hike up the price based on name only. :headbonk:

I have no idea if it will be the 15 or 16 GT350 or when it will be out. Im just a nobody. I am just restating that every case I have seen from Ford, an introduction in the summer means it carries the next MY on the title. Even when Ford recently introduced the Mustang Boss in Feb/March 11 as a MY 12.

Sponsored

KZStang

I've never heard of minor changes or the addition of a new paint color (which is the most I would expect for the year after a major redesign) referred to as retooling. I would expect that any major changes like the new 8-10 speed transmission being developed with GM will be saved for the first major refresh that will happen no earlier than 2017-2018. That is not from any inside info, but just common sense.

Ford has said it is unveiling 23 new and "significantly refreshed" models globally in 2014 (one of them being the S550) and it is eating heavily into its profits since a major overhaul requires major capital expenditures, retooling the factories and idling of the assembly lines for weeks. More than ever, Ford needs to begin to recoup its capital investments quicker than later with the Mustang and I would expect very minor, if any changes in 2016 and definitely nothing that would require a break in production as you are suggesting.

Even if a 2015 GT350 would not command a higher price from the factory for its future value potential, a 50th "Gold" Anniversary Package would be very attractive for its high margin potential. It really would be stupid of Ford to not capitalize on this when they have done it for every 10 year anniversary I can think of.

on d bit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jk
I've never heard of minor changes or the addition of a new paint color (which is the most I would expect for the year after a major redesign) referred to as retooling.
Wheel options, color options, interior options were differences between the brand new 05 Mustang and 06 Mustang.
Aside from the wheel options, are there any other differences or changes made to the 2006 Mustang from the 2005 model?
Some new color options, but i believe thats it.
Late in the '06 model year, a Charcoal IUP was offered. kinda like a CF look.
After the new body in 10 Ford added a new drivetrain in 11. 11/12 base GT model could not be had with sync, while that changed for the 13 MY. They changed the look/design of the 12 Boss and 13 Boss Mustangs.

You are right, there does not have to be any, but there always seems to be a few things different year to year.

MYs197

This whole thing about model year ---maybe Ford offers a VERY limited edition run of 2015 VIN'ed GT350s with a 50th anniversary package with exclusive options before building 2016s the rest of the year which could be the same car sans package. Just throwing out ideas, but this wouldn't be so different than the 2014.5 limited run rumors about the first 1,000 being the anniversary edition.

:shrug:

on d bit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jk
This whole thing about model year ---maybe Ford offers a VERY limited edition run of 2015 VIN'ed GT350s with a 50th anniversary package with exclusive options before building 2016s the rest of the year which could be the same car sans package. Just throwing out ideas, but this wouldn't be so different than the 2014.5 limited run rumors about the first 1,000 being the anniversary edition.

:shrug:

Could be. I just dont see it. If they were able to get it out by Feb, then yes they could pull it off. But I could be completely wrong.:headbonk:
Sponsored