Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Just the promise of this car will keep me from buying a 15 gt. I just hope it comes out within a year or so of the 2015 release, as the new corvettes are really good looking and tempting as hell.
Sponsored

Dyno

^ this is what makes me really wonder if they would show the GT350 next month. You already have people potentially holding off purchases due to the late year/cold season availability of the 2015. Throw on top of that a GT350 being offered sometime next year.... (and they probably wont release pricing for a while so some people on the fence might hold out for that too) ..... a bit of a risk Ford is taking with the first model year I would think.

stable68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Crown Victoria LX Sport
Well according to the guys over at SVTP.. This will be a 2016 model year.. Makes absolutley no sense to me but that is coming from their most respected inside source.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Well according to the guys over at SVTP.. This will be a 2016 model year.. Makes absolutley no sense to me but that is coming from their most respected inside source.

When the 2013 Mustang refresh hit so too did the GT500. They didn't wait another year to roll out that car, so I do no believe the SVTP source.

stable68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Crown Victoria LX Sport
When the 2013 Mustang refresh hit so too did the GT500. They didn't wait another year to roll out that car, so I do no believe the SVTP source.
He is very reliable and has been right about everything that he has posted so far, apparently he works at Ford but we know there is a 2015 shelby in the ford body codes, and if it was a '16 i dont see why they would have started testing way back in Sept.

Sponsored

Dirk McGurck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z Touring with Sport
Yeah, but from the SN-95 to the S197, there was 2 years until the GT500 was released.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
He is very reliable and has been right about everything that he has posted so far, apparently he works at Ford but we know there is a 2015 shelby in the ford body codes, and if it was a '16 i dont see why they would have started testing way back in Sept.
We don't actually know there is a 2015 Shelby in the body codes, the spread sheet was exactly the same as the 2014 and earlier models. It could have been someone simply put '2015' on top of the old body code sheet.

Yeah, but from the SN-95 to the S197, there was 2 years until the GT500 was released.

There was no Shelby in the SN95 chassis to bring into the new S197, unlike now where there is already an existing Shelby not to mention the prototypes we've already seen running the streets prior to the normal Mustang's launch. If that actually means anything I don't know, but it's a different situation at least.

Dirk McGurck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z Touring with Sport
There was no Shelby in the SN95 chassis to bring into the new S197, unlike now where there is already an existing Shelby not to mention the prototypes we've already seen running the streets prior to the normal Mustang's launch. If that actually means anything I don't know, but it's a different situation at least.
There was an SVT special edition car, though. And I think SVT is more involved with the GT500 than Shelby is. And I could see them taking another year of development to really nail down the car.

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
Since 2007 the GT500 is all SVT. The only thing Shelby is the badge. Shelby didn't see the '15 until a few weeks before the press did.

BlackDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
There was an SVT special edition car, though. And I think SVT is more involved with the GT500 than Shelby is. And I could see them taking another year of development to really nail down the car.
I don't think they would be so big into road testing the car all over the states with so many mules if it were a year out.

Sponsored

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT

GTsquid

"Inside source" has to be the most overused term over there. Those guys use their real names and have been members since early 2000's. If they actually worked for Ford, which to my knowledge none of them claim to, they would have been fired long ago for leaking info. REAL insiders don't hang out on forums playing forum war games and fanboyism. The real ones don't usually last very long, either out of boredom because they know all the details, or Ford catches on to it and fishes them out. For anyone that has followed this site long enough, you probably know the guys I'm talking about. I would bet that's what happened to them.

That's not to say that their info is incorrect, but this is probably one of the most secretive programs Ford has ever had so I don't trust any info unless it comes straight from the horses mouth. Hopefully that's next month.

StangFX

Why is everyone so focused on what model year it will be? The S550 is still a 2015 even tho it's really only 4 months or so from when orders on a 2016 would have typically started if Ford had followed the same schedule it has been. The model year designation is really just a marketing decision, isn't it?

Are those svtp guys saying it will be a MY2016 or it will be available to buy in 2016? AFAIK, Jar and the guys who seem to be in the know here have said it will be out next year. Whether Ford decides to call that a MY15 or MY16 really makes no difference to me. Not sure why it matters other than it seems a good opportunity to call it a 50th Anny GT350. But again, that's just marketing.

GTMamba

Threads
Reaction score
Agree^^

Middle next year still seems aggressive to me based on the fact that we are just now seeing it being heavily tested in public. The S550 was at this stage in Spring of 2013 (?) and we won't see it in showrooms until end of 2014.

As for model year I hope they call it a 50th anniversary GT350. It would make this extra special and well worth putting off my purchase until next year.

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Middle next year still seems aggressive to me based on the fact that we are just now seeing it being heavily tested in public. The S550 was at this stage in Spring of 2013 (?) and we won't see it in showrooms until end of 2014.
The first full-bodied 2015 prototypes weren't seen last year until June - not spring and the SVT prototypes have been seen fairly regularly since September so I'm not seeing what the issue is. Middle of next year seems late if anything - especially if they plan to call it a 2015.

Anyway, summer of next year seems to be the consensus of people who claim to be in the know even if they can't agree on what the model year designation will be.
Sponsored