Sponsored

2015 Mustang GT350 Spied With Less Camo

Terlingua

Threads
Reaction score
It is not like Ford has a choice. The car is still 14-18 months out from production and with their quality control, performances indexes, and federal regulations that all have to be checked off they can not simply move up the schedule.

Ford will sell every GT350 they make regardless if its labeled a 15 or 16 so their bottom line would not be effected either way. Given the choice sure the customer wants a 15. But so does the dealer. Ford would not lose out on the lack of the "15" the dealers would.
The only way the 50th is worth anything is if you dont drive it and hold on to it for 30 years. Yuck!
Is that pre-production status for the GT350 really published somewhere? or just speculation? The car sure looks as close to production as the regular '15 GT.

Got nothing really to do with future value. Its about keeping the wide consumer appeal for the car. My guess is that many under-40 could care less about a '15 vs. '16 GT350, in terms of which MY. But many over-40 would really appreciate a '15 Shelby GT350 (and probably don't hold SVT or the Fox-body Mustang history in high regard …some think '74-'04 were ugly years for Mustangs, and that the nod to history starting in '05 reenergized the car).

Ford rightfully wants to keep all groups in the Mustang fold, and a '15 GT350 will help with the nostalgia crowd. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

on d bit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jk
Is that pre-production status for the GT350 really published somewhere? or just speculation? The car sure looks as close to production as the regular '15 GT.

Got nothing really to do with future value. Its about keeping the wide consumer appeal for the car.
As far as time frame, who says differently? How long does it take to r/d, build, test, more testing, performance testing, quality, pass all regulations, then place on the assembly line a vehicle? Even DMV is stating summer 2015 before its out.

They just need 10k buyers with 60k disposable income. With the power output of the 13/14 svt mustang, it brought a lot of buyers out of woodwork that would only consider porsche tt, amg, m, gtr's, ferraris, etc. The GT350 will put up better performance numbers than the 13/14.
They are not trying to sell 100k units. However performance numbers on this car will do more than anything in keeping up the overall want for the mustang in GT and 6cyl sales.

Hell most probably dont recognize the 65 GT350. I do, but I could not tell you how it was different than the normal 65 289 mustang.

StangFX

There is absolutely no way that Ford or any manufacturer would run a 3 month model year vehicle! You are stating that Ford will bring out the new Mustang SVT summer of 2015 run it for 3 months(July, Aug, Sep) then turn around and sell a 2016 MY Mustang SVT starting in Oct when most if not all the new MY vehicles are out.

Ford certainly has precedence on doing exactly as you state, but calling it the next MY instead.
May/June 2002 The new 2003 Mustang SVT was being sold by dealers nationwide.
July 2006 The new 2007 Mustang SVT was being sold by dealers nationwide.
I'm curious why you keep quoting 3 months assuming summer 2015 is accurate for the GT350. Why are you so sure that the 2016 MY change has to take place in October? With the extremely long 2014 MY none of us know how production schedule is gonna shake out going forward. They could keep a Fall to Fall schedule or shift back to the Spring schedule. IIRC the 2005 also started on a Fall schedule and eventually moved to Spring.

Terlingua

Threads
Reaction score
They just need 10k buyers with 60k disposable income. With the power output of the 13/14 svt mustang, it brought a lot of buyers out of woodwork that would only consider porsche tt, amg, m, gtr's, ferraris, etc. The GT350 will put up better performance numbers than the 13/14.
They are not trying to sell 100k units. However performance numbers on this car will do more than anything in keeping up the overall want for the mustang in GT and 6cyl sales.

Hell most probably dont recognize the 65 GT350. I do, but I could not tell you how it was different than the normal 65 289 mustang.
Well, I've owned 6 Mustangs, and I have a '65 GT350 clone now, so it's sacred ground status for me. This new GT350 might be worthy of that name.

Yes, 13/14 GT500s got notice from me (and I hate 'SVT' branding - cheapens the car), but I bought a Corvette 427 Convertible instead - handling dynamics of the GT500 just weren't enough for me. I've owned Vipers and BMW M3s as well, and the 13/14 didn't even get a thought next to those cars. Lots of power for sure, but more of a street stoplight show machine.

I think the goals for the new GT350 may be higher than you're giving the car credit for. This will be the first Mustang truly worthy of comparison to European GTs, and if it surprises a few Corvettes along the way, even better. I bet they sell more than 10K. :thumbsup:

on d bit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jk
I really don't care whether you are on a hunt or not. You are new to the forum and don't want to take the time to read posts before calling it out for misinformation, which is exactly the attitude of those svtp members who don't bother to read.

You haven't seen one post saying the car was going to be bigger before 12/5? How about looking at where those rumors originated from: http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2015-ford-mustang-goes-on-a-diet.html

Then looking at the reactions of members here after the rumor was posted and tell me how many ppl here actually believed it? In fact the only forum I've seen actually discuss in depth the possibility of it gaining weight is here.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php/2015-mustang-weighti-671.html?p=7782#post7782
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php/400-pound-weight-1214.html
www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php/2015-mustang-weight-819.html

I would also not call the car bigger than the 2014. It has a slightly wider rear track and the length and height have been taken in. There were several ppl here that made pretty close guesses as to the dimensions of the car before the reveal, not to mention chazcron who rendered the proportions almost exactly.
1/5 of an inch shorter or .2 inch shorter and 1.5 inches wider. I would definitely not call it a smaller car.:shrug:

Again I dont see actual posts. The smaller car and light weight was rumored all the back in 2012, way before that article you referred to.
Below is a quote from a thread you posted.

So one of my guys at Ford said that the EB Stang will weigh in at around 3200 LBS.

If that really is true, the Corvette better be worried.
This one seems to be the most accurate so far, but gives no mention to size.
Take it for what it's worth, but I heard from a source that despite the recent rumors, the 2015 Mustang may gain weight.

I do not know an exact figure (I have been told around 100 pounds) but they were pretty adamant.

Just telling everyone not to get hopes up too high. The rumor mill has a way of setting people up.

Sponsored

GTsquid

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php/2015-mustang-weight-819.html?p=10050#post10050

- S550 is getting smaller, even if only a little

Do we actually know this to be true? A lot of people who have allegedly worked on the car or seen it have said the dimensions are about the same except for maybe a slightly lower ride height, wider track and somewhat smaller overhangs.
Look, we can do this all day but I don't care to point you the many posts of ppl who doubted the size and weight rumors. Hindsight is 20/20 and it's easy to play know-it-all now and cherry pick posts that we now know to be untrue. SVTP has more than its fair share of bad info. There are still ppl there who think the trinity engine will be in the next SVT. These are forums not libraries. For the record I don't see what the problem is of discussing any and all rumors and hashing it out.

One more thing, it's premature to be declaring victory for posts that say the car will gain weight until Ford releases the figures.

I think we've sidetracked the thread enough so I'll just leave it at that.

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
Just been on SVTP reading some threads about the '15......sorry, I mean '16MY GT350 ( ;) ) ...........interesting views of this site by some members there.

Why the hate? :(

I'm not hear to start a war, I genuinely don't understand, although it seems to stem from the opinion that a number of members here "knows someone within Ford". Whilst we've had members who clearly knew something those members are no conspicuous by their absence, so I'd suggest that certainly isn't the case now.

As I said, not looking to start a war. I'm a live and let live kinda guy.........and we're all Mustang fans after all.
It appears to be a self manufactured svtp vs mustang6g.com hate on. Why I do not know, but as a member of both, svtp has much better info on the existing Shelby's and mustang 6g has much better info on the new mustangs. Like svtp there is a large amount of wrong speculation in the historical threads. But for some reason some svtp members got their panties all twisted about mustang6g.

In the end, all of this is likely got some degree of truth and likely wrong, the whole thing will be revealed by ford when they see appropriate, but the entertainment will continue

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php/2015-mustang-weight-819.html?p=10050#post10050

Look, we can do this all day but I don't care to point you the many posts of ppl who doubted the size and weight rumors. Hindsight is 20/20 and it's easy to play know-it-all now and cherry pick posts that we now know to be untrue. SVTP has more than its fair share of bad info. There are still ppl there who think the trinity engine will be in the next SVT. These are forums not libraries. For the record I don't see what the problem is of discussing any and all rumors and hashing it out.

One more thing, it's premature to be declaring victory for posts that say the car will gain weight until Ford releases the figures.

How is American steel working out on svtp for example

on d bit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jk

No doubt. Like I said, I listen to two people only. They have earned this by more than 5 years of exact info most of which they said not to repeat.

I'm not saying its gaining. Just said that's one post that stated it was not losing weight(significant weight) contrary to all other sources.

Who is American steel?

Sponsored

GTsquid

Someone there who also "knows somebody" lol. 'Nuff of this. Sorry mods for jacking the thread.

GTMamba

Threads
Reaction score
I'm curious why you keep quoting 3 months assuming summer 2015 is accurate for the GT350. Why are you so sure that the 2016 MY change has to take place in October? With the extremely long 2014 MY none of us know how production schedule is gonna shake out going forward. They could keep a Fall to Fall schedule or shift back to the Spring schedule. IIRC the 2005 also started on a Fall schedule and eventually moved to Spring.
Agreed, too many assumptions being made. We have no idea if 2015 will be a standard length model year, shorter, or longer and if SVT will follow suit.

As for the forum wars I am also a member of both and can say emphatically this is by far the better site for the new Mustang.

I guess am partially responsible for the back and forth. I will say that after I linked to DMV's post on this forum about it being a 2015MY, the thread there has gone noticeably quiet and no one seems to want to touch it with a 10 ft. pole. The guy wanting to make bets on it being a 2016 doesn't seem so vocal anymore.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Well, this has been entertaining. Thanks for keeping it civil, gents. We're all anxious for information, but there's no point fighting over it :cheers:

Now, any new photos or video of the 2015 (or 16 ;) ) Mustang GT350/GT500 Spied With Less Camo? :p
Sponsored