2015 Mustang GT vs Porsche 911

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
The smell through catless on this system isn't really that bad. Maybe catless through an FI motor is more potent.

BTW, I'm a BMW fan and had an e46 335 so don't take all the verbal jabbing too hard. I've seen JB4 map 7 335i's pulling stock M4s so they have big hp and bigger torque potential esp. with DP and e85 mix.
Haha I was confused why you were hating on my car so much based on your sig. But yes the n54 is a great platform when you can have 120+ whp over stock for around $2k. The only issue is the reliability isn't the best and the exhaust note sucks IMO. Can't be compared to a V8.
Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
An incredibly poor value for the money is what I see. ;)

You lost?
Yeah, but my car turns really well.
Oh.
I wouldn't waste my time drag racing Mustangs in my 911, but that's me. I'll annihilate most cars in my S550 in a straight line, doesn't mean I want to road race all of them. Different tools for different jobs. Not every single job requires a sledge hammer.

I'm really starting to get the feeling that there are very few car enthusiasts on this site and very many Mustang fanboys.

Breaking news: it's okay to like more than one car at a time.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I wouldn't waste my time drag racing Mustangs in my 911, but that's me. I'll annihilate most cars in my S550 in a straight line, doesn't mean I want to road race all of them. Different tools for different jobs. Not every single job requires a sledge hammer.

I'm really starting to get the feeling that there are very few car enthusiasts on this site and very many Mustang fanboys.

Breaking news: it's okay to like more than one car at a time.
Breaking news - just because I don't think a 350 HP car for $90k is a good deal doesn't mean I'm biased.

I'd love a Porsche based on their reputation. I spent some time researching them. It's not for me. Maybe if I win the lottery or something and I have money to spend. But BMW looks like a little better of a deal to me based on price versus performance. I'd probably go to them.

However, both brands seem to place a premium on luxury over performance, so they are not a top choice for me. I'm looking for a performance bargain to daily drive and track occasionally.

I really wouldn't try to race someone around a corner in a $90k or more vehicle unless I was a multi-millionaire. Too much chance for bent up sheet metal. Just not practical at all. At least a 0-60 stoplight drag is relatively safe.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
At least a 0-60 stoplight drag is relatively safe.
If illegal.

My mini rant wasn't necessarily directed at you, so sorry about that. It's just kind of frustrating that it's so taboo around here to like something other than Mustangs exclusively.

It's just my opinion, and I could be wrong, but I think it's hard for you to see the value in a $90k 350hp car because you can't look past numbers on a spreadsheet. I rag on the Germans more than most. Porsche's 911 is the only one I'd ever consider owning. It's more than 0-60, lap times, etc.

As an example: A gourmet burger might be more expensive and less meat than a quadruple stack of muck from a McDs...does it mean the people that prefer the taste, texture, presentation of a gourmet burger are fools?

You might say yes and that's the disconnect. I think we all have something in common since we drive Mustangs. I just wish I had the money and space for about 10 other cars. I could only have one and the Mustang is the best all around option. Others would never own anything other than a Mustang, even if they could.

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
If illegal.

My mini rant wasn't necessarily directed at you, so sorry about that. It's just kind of frustrating that it's so taboo around here to like something other than Mustangs exclusively.

It's just my opinion, and I could be wrong, but I think it's hard for you to see the value in a $90k 350hp car because you can't look past numbers on a spreadsheet. I rag on the Germans more than most. Porsche's 911 is the only one I'd ever consider owning. It's more than 0-60, lap times, etc.

As an example: A gourmet burger might be more expensive and less meat than a quadruple stack of muck from a McDs...does it mean the people that prefer the taste, texture, presentation of a gourmet burger are fools?

You might say yes and that's the disconnect. I think we all have something in common since we drive Mustangs. I just wish I had the money and space for about 10 other cars. I could only have one and the Mustang is the best all around option. Others would never own anything other than a Mustang, even if they could.
I feel what your saying.

I love Mustangs. I love P Cars. I love M's from BMW. I love Z06s. I love Vipers. I love Honda S2000s. I love Miatas. I think many of us have room in our hearts for all types of performances bench marks.

Its ok to like them all or like them selectively. Its not a zero sum game...liking one model/brand doesn't take away from another.

Hard to remember that sometimes because we get attached to whatever were driving at the moment.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If illegal.

No need to apologize, but thank you for it. :) Tone is hard to read at times and I try not to take anything on the internet too personally.

I agree with you about loving cars. I told my GF the other day that if I were rich I would buy a car to play with it for a few weeks or months and then sell and buy the next. I would buy and drive everything from 70 hemi-cars to deuce coupes to Mercedes, BMW and Porsche. I'd like to try out some 80s and 90s 911s. Always thought the 911 turbo was mega cool. And the 928, and, and....

I have owned a lot of Mustangs - typically because they are a cheap way to get my g-force fix.

I like gourmet burgers, but not all the time. Sometimes I want McD. IMO it's not really a valid comparison, though. A gourmet burger won't break my budget.

Pootie_Stang

Wah Dah Ta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP Base
Haha I was confused why you were hating on my car so much based on your sig. But yes the n54 is a great platform when you can have 120+ whp over stock for around $2k. The only issue is the reliability isn't the best and the exhaust note sucks IMO. Can't be compared to a V8.
Have your ran any coyote GTs? Just curious bc some of my friends have 335i and curious as to how I would stack up against them

335is with jb4/bolt ons are no joke with the pdk, ive driven them before

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Have your ran any coyote GTs? Just curious bc some of my friends have 335i and curious as to how I would stack up against them

335is with jb4/bolt ons are no joke with the pdk, ive driven them before
My neighbor has a BPU 335i, and that thing falls on its face after 120. Walked him pretty bad a few days ago

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
IMHO the base 911 is not very impressive. Things start getting interesting with the 911S, and mostly the 911 GTS. The turbo is a whole different league (too much IMHO) and the GT3 is too hardcore track oriented for my tastes.

I would take the 911S or GTS out of all of those. However, I should mention those quick 0-60 and trap times in all the 911's (but especially the Boxster S, Cayman S, 911 base and 911S) is due to the PDK, which shifts really fast so less power interruption. In the seat of my pants the mustang GT feels faster than all of them, and the trap speed of the GT bears that hypothesis out, which is a little higher than the 911S (or equivalent). Again, once you talk 911 turbo with its high HP, AWD, PDK etc all bets are off (but its not a fun car to drive if you have tried em out, very brutish and sounds like shit).

I personally dont enjoy 911's at all - and the Mustang GT seems competitive stock with many of them, thats before you tap the vast aftermarket!

The link below the driver mentions chasing down 911's...

http://www.edmunds.com/ford/mustang...ord-mustang-gt-jdrf-track-day-fundraiser.html

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Dude...should woulda coulda...whatever. In the video, he clearly beat whatever damn 911 was lined up with him.

And yes the 911 was racing - obviously, because he got a nice hit. Doesn't matter IF the P-Car SHOULD have won....it clearly didn't (even with the hit).

Be it shitty driver, no traction, turbo lag, not a turbo....whatever...DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE IT LOST period. Proof is in the video.

WHY the fawk are you bench racing at this point...the video speaks for itself.

Damn its like you saw a UFO or something. I'm gonna go out and drive one of my cars now and enjoy it. I suggest you do the same...unless you want to continue to enjoy this bench racing debate. Fawk.
You seam very upset. Is it because of the bromance with the OP?:love: Moving on nice win OP.:clap2: Not a 911 turbo however.
Sponsored