10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
No just your car
Ok considering my car as it sits is equal to your 15 GT then yours must be slow too?

So you're implying a FBO '15 GT is quick then? Cause that was an FBO '15 GT in the video.
Yes compared to my car a FBO GT is quicker yes. Don't see what that has to do with this conversation though. You called my car slow which is equal to or faster than a stock '15 GT. Therefore your car is slow too then.

Just making sure I got that right.
Sponsored

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
Ok considering my car as it sits is equal to your 15 GT then yours must be slow too?

Yes compared to my car a FBO GT is quicker yes. Don't see what that has to do with this conversation though. You called my car slow which is equal to or faster than a stock '15 GT. Therefore your car is slow too then.

Just making sure I got that right.
My sig isn't updated. It isn't stock. Its currently FBO. Does that make you feel better about your slower car.

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
I'll just leave this here...

http://www.caranddriver.com/compari...ng-performance-data-and-complete-specs-page-4

The 911 in question was a MT, not a PDK, which would have been even quicker.

Here is the older base 997 with the PDK, even quicker..

http://media.caranddriver.com/files/2009-porsche-911-carrera-vs-2009-bmw-m3-2.pdf

Just an FYI...:popcorn:
So based on these numbers a modded GT like OP's should beat a base 911 no problem. Not a surprising result at all.

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
My sig isn't updated. It isn't stock. Its currently FBO. Does that make you feel better about your slower car.
Whats FBO in mustang terms? How much power is your car putting down?

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
So based on these numbers a modded GT like OP's should beat a base 911 no problem. Not a surprising result at all.
Dude...should woulda coulda...whatever. In the video, he clearly beat whatever damn 911 was lined up with him.

And yes the 911 was racing - obviously, because he got a nice hit. Doesn't matter IF the P-Car SHOULD have won....it clearly didn't (even with the hit).

Be it shitty driver, no traction, turbo lag, not a turbo....whatever...DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE IT LOST period. Proof is in the video.

WHY the fawk are you bench racing at this point...the video speaks for itself.

Damn its like you saw a UFO or something. I'm gonna go out and drive one of my cars now and enjoy it. I suggest you do the same...unless you want to continue to enjoy this bench racing debate. Fawk.

Sponsored

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
Whats FBO in mustang terms? How much power is your car putting down?
What's your little 335i putting down?

You're on a damn Mustang site. Advanced search buddy. FBO...you know...intake, headers, x/h-pipe, catback, tune...has that changed in 10 years in the Mustang world?

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
Dude...should woulda coulda...whatever. In the video, he clearly beat whatever damn 911 was lined up with him.

And yes the 911 was racing - obviously, because he got a nice hit. Doesn't matter IF the P-Car SHOULD have won....it clearly didn't (even with the hit).

Be it shitty driver, no traction, turbo lag, not a turbo....whatever...DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE IT LOST period. Proof is in the video.

WHY the fawk are you bench racing at this point...the video speaks for itself.

Damn its like you saw a UFO or something. I'm gonna go out and drive one of my cars now and enjoy it. I suggest you do the same...unless you want to continue to enjoy bench this bench racing debate. Fawk.
Can you read? I said the OP's mustang should have beat the 911. I'm not supporting the 911 at all. I said the outcome in the video is what's expected based on the numbers. Who pissed in your cheerios this morning?

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
Can you read? I said the OP's mustang should have beat the 911. I'm not supporting the 911 at all. I said the outcome in the video is what's expected based on the numbers. Who pissed in your cheerios this morning?
Sorry...misread. Disregard my pissed on cheerios.

Carry on.

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
What's your little 335i putting down?

You're on a damn Mustang site. Advanced search buddy. FBO...you know...intake, headers, x/h-pipe, catback, tune...has that changed in 10 years in the Mustang world?
I would estimate around 390/410 on 93. And just curious because its different for different platforms. Why were you trying to buy headers today if you already are FBO as you said?

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
I shouldn't have put on catless SWs - purchased used locally. Also, don't have a solution for the AC line proximity to the header.

Not that it would matter in Cali. as far as emissions, but I'd like to run some kind of cat hopefully Kooks green lives up to whats advertised. I'd like to tone down the sound running through Borla S as it is too loud at wot and for 5 minutes on cold start.

Sponsored

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
I would estimate around 390/410 on 93. And just curious because its different for different platforms. Why were you trying to buy headers today if you already are FBO as you said?
Strong numbers then on pump gas. You should be neck and neck with a FBO GT or maybe slight edge if you have a dual clutch. JB4?

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
I shouldn't have put on catless SWs - purchased used locally. Also, don't have a solution for the AC line proximity to the header.

Not that it would matter in Cali. as far as emissions, but I'd like to run some kind of cat hopefully Kooks green lives up to whats advertised. I'd like to tone down the sound running through Borla S as it is too loud at wot and for 5 minutes on cold start.
Good luck, catted headers should sound much better. I love running no cats but sometimes the smell and cold starts get to be a little much. Either way good luck getting that sorted out. Would love to get back in another stang in the next year or 2. Miss the V8 sound.

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
Good luck, catted headers should sound much better. I love running no cats but sometimes the smell and cold starts get to be a little much. Either way good luck getting that sorted out. Would love to get back in another stang in the next year or 2. Miss the V8 sound.
The smell through catless on this system isn't really that bad. Maybe catless through an FI motor is more potent.

BTW, I'm a BMW fan and had an e46 335 so don't take all the verbal jabbing too hard. I've seen JB4 map 7 335i's pulling stock M4s so they have big hp and bigger torque potential esp. with DP and e85 mix.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The 911s aren't built for drag racing. Though some of the models have impressive straight line speed, their balance and handling is considered to be as good as it gets for road racing. 911s are incredible cars.
An incredibly poor value for the money is what I see. ;)

You lost?
Yeah, but my car turns really well.
Oh.
Sponsored