2015 Mustang GT PP vs. 2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDSP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
The S550 GT PP got it's ass handed to it by the 1LE. Both Randy and Noonz preferred the 1LE and it was almost 2 full seconds faster. I'm not sure, but I think the S550's time around the track was slower than the Boss's time on that same track driven by Randy. Ford failed, under damped and under sprung as is usual. How can they under dampen and under spring a performance pack so badly. Unreal. I am disappoint. Keeping my 2012 out on the S550.
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Looks like the threads got merged....not sure where my last post went.

To summarize, Randy did say that he was impressed at this Mustang and it was much better than any previous. However, he preferred the 1LE suspension setup and car in general on the track. The 1LE was over a second fast the the GT PP.

I will most likely end up with EB premium, maybe PP. I will most likely never track the car so this doesn't apply to me. For those that do, what are your thoughts?

Overall, I am happy with the Mustang as I think it is a better car than the Camaro. However, for those that track it and want the best drivers car it looks like the Mustang comes up short stock vs. stock.

I also want to know how these cars were optioned and the price. I think base GT PP might be a bit better.
The black one he drove on Willow didn't even have recaro's. The yellow car that did the performance #'s was a fully loaded car. Price was 46k and weight was 3815.

akwal07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 mustang kona blue v6
The 15GT PP was faster in a straightline. .1 faster and almost 2mph in the quarter alone. I would love to see just a different set of tires on the GT PP and let him run it again. So on this track the GT PP was 1.5 seconds slower at Willow Springs.

He did love the car, spoke very highly of it. Love watching him drive.
.1 second faster than the 15...the 0-60 was even and it lost at the track and almost in every other measure....what im trying to say is the 15 gt will look even worse compared to the 16 camaro. So ford better have a lot on the table to push into the 16 stang

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
computer, it doesnt work on mobilehttp://www.motortrend.com/multimedia/videos/#ooid=s1MG4zcTqTOgAkB6gL2nAXJ4uNJ13eT4

Thanks for trying to help, but i'm not using mobile. Apparently it's a Firefox thing as it's working just fine on IE

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Umm everyone talking about weight in regards to the Mustang needs to chill. The 1LE beat the new mustang while being HEAVIER still than the mustang.

Honestly this is just another FAIL from Ford. Ford should consider themselves very lucky in my case I have a loyalty to the 5.0 due to my Dad having one years ago. Because without that loyalty, I'd get a Camaro.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
I just found the video of the 2013 GT TP and it ran on the same track 1:25:77 while the 15 GT PP ran 1:24:32. In both videos the 1LE was about the same time, 1:22:70 or 1:22:8.

[ame]

NDSP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
Umm everyone talking about weight in regards to the Mustang needs to chill. The 1LE beat the new mustang while being HEAVIER still than the mustang.

Honestly this is just another FAIL from Ford. Ford should consider themselves very lucky in my case I have a loyalty to the 5.0 due to my Dad having one years ago. Because without that loyalty, I'd get a Camaro.
I agree, I'm a life long Mustang owner driver. I love my 2012 GT TP with all its mods for handling. It pisses me off that they have spit the bit so bad on the S550. It can't hang with the current year old model of SS 1LE. :rant:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)

Why? Because it lost to a 1LE on a road track test? LOL.....Are you a pro-racer? that car is ugly as hell and the interior is hideous. Listen to the praise Randy gave it. Put stiffer springs and better tires...

Good lord...people get bent out of shape...This is like who has the bigger e-penis.

NDSP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
Why? Because it lost to a 1LE on a road track test? LOL.....Are you a pro-racer? that car is ugly as hell and the interior is hideous. Listen to the praise Randy gave it. Put stiffer springs and better tires...

Good lord...people get bent out of shape...This is like who has the bigger e-penis.[/QUOTE}

Almost any car and be made to be quicker with mods. It's about starting point. It's about living up to the hype and lofty goals ( M3 etc ) that Ford was tossing out there. It came in pig heavy and slower than a damn Camaro. Freaking under sprung and under dampened AGAIN. On the PP no less. Those engineers or execs that call the shots must be pansies when it comes performance suspension tolerance.

Oh and yes I do track my car, frequently.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because it's main competition is the Camaro. It's about Ford presenting a better performance package than their competitor. Which they couldn't even beat the old Camaro, let alone the new 2016 coming out.

And what's with the comparing e-penis remarks? this has nothing to do with that. To me, I like the styling of the Camaro, and while yes the interior isn't anywhere near the Mustangs, it's something I could live with. I feel like everyone who mentions "e-penis" comparisons are the ones that are really compensating for something.

Anyhow, I don't think it's much to ask from a manufacturer to have higher goals than occasionally beating one of their own cars that they aren't even competing against. Ford hyped this thing up because of the IRS, claiming they are moving more towards "handling" than straightline, and now with the improvements they can't even beat the outgoing Camaro? People need to stop drinking the cool-aid man. A fail is a fail.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Take your business elsewhere since this '15 is such a failure in your eyes. Screw loyalty since this is just a big load of crap for you.

I am not drinking any Kool-aid, never have, never will. I like what the new GT has to offer. It is perfect for me and my needs. It will do everything I need it to. Looks great doing it, inside and out.

No compensating here..You are just hell bent this is a FAIL and are not happy. I don't listen to anyone's opinion and you are trying to push yours on me. LMAO. I don't find it a failure, sucks for you.

JGillis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus SHO
It always amazes me how people blow things out of proportion. A second faster and it would turn from a complete and utter failure to something respectable I guess? We sure do have some pro race car drivers here. It's still faster than the outgoing model and the fastest time that I can find for the Boss 302 around Willow Springs.

Not drinking the kool aid either just keeping a level head instead of some of you guys screaming bloody murder. Just sayin tone down the sensationalism a little sheesh.

jcartwright734

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dream car

Good lord...people get bent out of shape...This is like who has the bigger e-penis.
I don't think it has anything to do with an e penis. Not sure what this is but get your point.

My take is this. Older and soon to be replaced performance car with track package vs new performance car with track package. Same track and professional driver. Old car has better time and preferred by both reviewers. Old car will become new car in 1 year and will probably be even better. I think that is why some people are pissed.

Like I said earlier, I won't track my car so it won't effect me at all. For those that do and have a stake in the game....

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
It seems to me that Ford tried to make the Performance Pack more livable for everyday driving. They *could* have stiffened up the shocks and springs a bit more and while it wouldn't ride as nice, it would have performed better in the test.

We are comparing a brand new chassis and model to a car that's had several years to get dialed in. The Camaro is marginally more expensive and Chevy spent that money on handling performance and completely ignored all the other aspects.

While I'm a bit let down that we're forced to go to the aftermarket yet again to compete with the 1LE, I understand why they did what they did, especially in the first year. No matter what, it's still the best MUSTANG they've released, even though it may not be the best track car of the pony/muscle cars. With a little work to get the handling even, the higher revving Coyote (which is simply a better and more sophisticated motor) would ravage the 1LE on the track.

All in all, I thought the Mustang actually looked more fun than the Camaro because it's not as easy to drive. I'll take that fun factor with me every day and enjoy the interior refinement and better ride quality than either the Camaro or the outgoing Mustang. Then, I'll eventually throw down some catback exhaust, upgraded suspension bits and a tune.

I think $2k to $3k is really all that separates these two from being equal, or even the Mustang from being better, assuming that the minor mods we've seen are even 50% as good as the numbers make them appear.

Tascam

I don't think it has anything to do with an e penis. Not sure what this is but get your point.

My take is this. Older and soon to be replaced performance car with track package vs new performance car with track package. Same track and professional driver. Old car has better time and preferred by both reviewers. Old car will become new car in 1 year and will probably be even better. I think that is why some people are pissed.

Like I said earlier, I won't track my car so it won't effect me at all. For those that do and have a stake in the game....
"Older" also means more years to work on it, more dialed in, more finely tuned. The last year of a platform is almost always the best.

I say give Ford a few years with the new platform/IRS before calling it a failure.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.