MustangDominance

Professional Fast guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gavin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Mustang
I have a 2015 Mustang GT with 65k miles on it. Within the past few months i've noticed a almost whirring noise coming from the rear end. The sweet spot is 50 MPH at very low RPMS when I barely touch the gas. The diff is a 3.55 and the tranny is a 6r80. The transmission is giving me really jerky shifting almost holding the gear at times. At WOT I can smell an almost burning smell after inside and outside of the car. Transmission temps are normal though. Oil is good, engine is fine. I'm tuned with Lund and have datalogged, but they said all good on their end. I've had to basically always drive in paddle mode. When not in sport, it's even worse, basically if I barely feather gas after slowing down, it will lurch into the next gear. So I have to very slowly press down on the pedal and hold it just slightly so it can almost take its time going into gear.

Any help on this would be great!

Mods are: JLT Cold Air Intake, X pipe and muffler delete, Lund 93 Tune, staggered 20x10.5 rims in rear, 20x9 In the front.
Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Have you been servicing the transmission. If you do need a rear ended a low mileage used one is dirt cheap

OP
OP
MustangDominance

MustangDominance

Professional Fast guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gavin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Mustang
Bearings were shot. Replaced them, still getting the noise and smell, but gear changes are way better.
Should I be changing the transmission fluid? I keep getting told it’s good for a lifetime.
Have you been servicing the transmission. If you do need a rear ended a low mileage used one is dirt cheap

OP
OP
MustangDominance

MustangDominance

Professional Fast guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gavin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Mustang

Sound is still there! Car is now intermittently wobbling left right! Differential was rebuilt and everything!!

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Have you checked your hub bearings.
Sponsored