Sponsored

2015 GT catback exhaust dyno gains and what it means for the Ecobeast

Ryudo83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard EB PP 6-speed
So just thought I'd see how you guys felt the 30whp gains from the GT exhaust. Do you think it means that there could be potentially huge gains for the 2.3L also? Thoughts? Comments? Emotional Outbursts?
Sponsored

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
It's really hard to say... But, for whatever is worth the EB has a single exhaust that splits into two. This leads me to believe it's not too restricted.

I don't think we'll see anywhere near the same gains. Then again, I have no idea.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
It will have significant gains. As much as the GT? that is yet to be seen. With a tune removing the suitcase will have a more significant impact. As will getting either a catless or hiflow catted downpipe.

With my GTI there weren't much gains to be had by a simple catback as the factory exhaust flowed really well already. But removing or upgrading the cat in the downpipe made a significant improvement.

So if the OEM catback in the EB is as restrictive as the GT's, then yes you can expect decent gains. That coupled with an aftermarket downpipe will be very nice.

pacettr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Parnelli Jones Saleen, 2013 Lagune Seca, and
The fact that the EB in the. Ford Racing promo vid trapped 109 suggests nearly 400 crank hp in my estimation. This was with a tune and exhaust.

stilesg57

Threads
Reaction score
No way to practically/accurately extrapolate between the two; they're entirely different motors and stock exhausts.

However, turbo cars almost always make great gains from opening up the exhaust. In fact, my first thoughts when I saw the Gibson and MagnaFlow dynos was that they looked very much like turbo-like gains from aftermarket pipes. Rare for NA motors.

I wouldn't be surprised if the EB makes as good or better gains from a turboback exhaust as the GT apparently does from a catback, maybe a little better (almost certainly better tq) and maybe a little worse, but that the GT with an NA motor may get even close to the whp gains that a small displacement turbo motor typically gets from an exhaust is a bit of a shocker to me.

Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
You EcoBoost guys are going to be very impressed.

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
So just thought I'd see how you guys felt the 30whp gains from the GT exhaust. Do you think it means that there could be potentially huge gains for the 2.3L also? Thoughts? Comments? Emotional Outbursts?
I'm a little skeptical but take a look into what some basic bolt-on's do for the Focus ST. I think the gains are going to be out of this world and I can't wait to get my hands on one!

Alex
Sponsored