Sponsored

2015 Early build vs. 2016+

16COEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Or maybe it's from the future?
To answer your question, look inside the drivers door. The sticker has the assembly date for the car, obviously the engine would have been built before then. But you also have a Valencia sticker, so it's going to be early 15 or 14.
Sponsored

EcoBoostin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium MT
To answer your question, look inside the drivers door. The sticker has the assembly date for the car, obviously the engine would have been built before then. But you also have a Valencia sticker, so it's going to be early 15 or 14.
Yeah I was just kidding lol door sticker is 3/30/15

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
My car was built 01 / 15 , have not driven over the crank yet. Who is the person that proclaimed that the early builds are weak in the 1st place ? The new engine I bought from Ford is a Spanish built engine, says so right on the box, its been gone through now with all the bells and whistles. That being I have the new rods and pistons sitting here in a box and they are very stout pieces for production parts. Im calling total BS on all this, unless my engine is just a special one. I beat my car as hard or harder than anyone on this forum, no engine issues yet.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
My car was built 01 / 15 , have not driven over the crank yet. Who is the person that proclaimed that the early builds are weak in the 1st place ? The new engine I bought from Ford is a Spanish built engine, says so right on the box, its been gone through now with all the bells and whistles. That being I have the new rods and pistons sitting here in a box and they are very stout pieces for production parts. Im calling total BS on all this, unless my engine is just a special one. I beat my car as hard or harder than anyone on this forum, no engine issues yet.
From what Adam just said in the other thread. Apparently the only difference is build quality. So maybe pre "e" code motors were just as good if they were assembled to correct specs. So you might be one of those motors that was built and torqued to correct specs. I honestly have no clue, I've never dove into one of these motors yet, thankfully lol.

UPRBill

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang
Decal from the front of the UPR Ecoboost engine that has been pushed pretty hard.
IMG_2927b.jpg

Sponsored

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Decal from the front of the UPR Ecoboost engine that has been pushed pretty hard.
See, total BS. You guys do push your car harder than I do, so im corrected. Will be watching you guys at Bowling Green !!!

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
From what Adam just said in the other thread. Apparently the only difference is build quality. So maybe pre "e" code motors were just as good if they were assembled to correct specs. So you might be one of those motors that was built and torqued to correct specs. I honestly have no clue, I've never dove into one of these motors yet, thankfully lol.
I remember reading somewhere that that guy said that it was the rod bolts, they sheared. Then he said that you cant change the rod bolts somewhere or other. Just a FYI for all you guys, the rod bolts are cap screw style, if the thread pitch was correct, and you worked out the stretch verses torque, they could easily be changed. But that's not needed cause there nothing wrong with these little engines. Just don't detonate them.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I remember reading somewhere that that guy said that it was the rod bolts, they sheared. Then he said that you cant change the rod bolts somewhere or other. Just a FYI for all you guys, the rod bolts are cap screw style, if the thread pitch was correct, and you worked out the stretch verses torque, they could easily be changed. But that's not needed cause there nothing wrong with these little engines. Just don't detonate them.
You and UPR are proof the pre "e" code motors can take a beating. Technically speaking those pre e-code motors have taking the biggest beating of all in UPR's stock turbo stock motor car.

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Regarding date code. Look under the large 678 and you will see 14H01

Could 14 be 2014, H equal August, and 01 August 1st?

14K21. = 2014, NOV 21st

14L10 = 2014, Dec 10th.

15A08 = 2015, Jan 08.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
all great info guys

Sponsored

16DIBEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ecoboost
just checked - mine says "Cleveland Engine Plant" 15-Mar-2016 EF01A16074121246 GC 794 BA .. is this an "E-Code"?

UPRBill

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang
I've seen that in other countries instead of MMDDYY they use DDMMYY. So right after the EE100 if you go by then the dates make sense on most of the EE100 labels posted on here. Our car was one of the first few Ecoboosts delivered to our local dealership.

Jesse R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 2003 Mach 1
My numbers after the EE00 are 014351so I don't think they are the date code numbers

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Here's another FV 796 AA, VEP 678 car.

It would appear that those numbers match on PewterCams, UPRs, and mine.

picture.jpg

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Here's another for comparison. Build date on the

door sticker = 02/15
window sticker (blend) = 02/06/15
engine sticker = 11/12/14 (if I decode correctly - but that makes the 14L12 November rather than December)

I guess my engine sat around for a while over the holidays.
sticker.jpg
Sponsored