2015 Automatic conversion parts list

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I know there are a few posts out there discussing this but they are all off topic by now. I would like to put our heads together and come up with a complete list of parts required to convert a 2015 GT from manual to automatic. I also found a post on eBay selling the stuff but it might be missing something. http://www.ebay.com/itm/282004057398?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

6R80 6 speed automatic transmission (other year and models that will work such as f150 ?)
OEM torque converter
8 bolt oem flexplate
front dust cover
Bell-housing bolts
Flexplate bolts
Auto trans harness
OEM Auto Shifter and cable
Brake pedal assembly
Auto brake reservoir and booster
Engine and transmission computer
ABS module
OEM Auto Driveshaft 4 bolt front flange vs the 3 bolt from the manual
Paddle Shifters
Sponsored

proamas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50 Year Package
I know there are a few posts out there discussing this but they are all off topic by now. I would like to put our heads together and come up with a complete list of parts required to convert a 2015 GT from manual to automatic. I also found a post on eBay selling the stuff but it might be missing something. http://www.ebay.com/itm/282004057398?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

6R80 6 speed automatic transmission (other year and models that will work such as f150 ?)
OEM torque converter
8 bolt oem flexplate
front dust cover
Bell-housing bolts
Flexplate bolts
Auto trans harness
OEM Auto Shifter and cable
Brake pedal assembly
Auto brake reservoir and booster
Engine and transmission computer
ABS module
OEM Auto Driveshaft 4 bolt front flange vs the 3 bolt from the manual
Paddle Shifters
I'm almost finished with this as we speak. I'll add a few things that need to be worked out.

ABS is only necessary if you cannot get your manual ABS to talk to the new EEC. As long as the build dates are close you should be okay. You can leave the manual brake stuff in there and not use the auto booster, you only have to plug a few lines. You will need the paddle switches, and the back plate of an auto steering wheel that has the correct harness to connect the paddles. The harness for the trans is actually the Engine harness on the 2015's not the positive battery cable, so make sure get the correct one. The O2 sensors are now connected through the engine/trans harness not the starter pigtail.

There are a few other things but i think that will do for now. I'll let you know if the dash cluster works shortly.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I was just thinking about how I wish I would have gotten an auto today lol.

15RRGT

I am teh liquor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP TVS

Jetboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem / 1999 Yellow GT Convt.
I switched cars just before signing the deal to an auto. There are a few days I wish I had a manual but not many..LOL

Sponsored

2qwk4ya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 401a, auto
I'm almost finished with this as we speak. I'll add a few things that need to be worked out.

ABS is only necessary if you cannot get your manual ABS to talk to the new EEC. As long as the build dates are close you should be okay. You can leave the manual brake stuff in there and not use the auto booster, you only have to plug a few lines. You will need the paddle switches, and the back plate of an auto steering wheel that has the correct harness to connect the paddles. The harness for the trans is actually the Engine harness on the 2015's not the positive battery cable, so make sure get the correct one. The O2 sensors are now connected through the engine/trans harness not the starter pigtail.

There are a few other things but i think that will do for now. I'll let you know if the dash cluster works shortly.

Any updates?

Ready to start buying parts.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Wouldn't be easier, and much more cost effective to sell the manual and get an auto? Hey - warranty too!

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
2016 procharged v6 magnetic 2016 ford eplorer
Subd I am curious to see this done and also a manual to auto conversion

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
There is a member on another forum that converted his 2015GT PP car to an auto. I don't think it is as bad as people think. I am planning to convert mine when I get ready to go forced induction. I figure I will change the converter and beef up the trans when I make the swap. Hopefully my MT82 will still be in good shape so I can sell it. I think it can be done for under 4K without labor.

proamas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a member on another forum that converted his 2015GT PP car to an auto. I don't think it is as bad as people think. I am planning to convert mine when I get ready to go forced induction. I figure I will change the converter and beef up the trans when I make the swap. Hopefully my MT82 will still be in good shape so I can sell it. I think it can be done for under 4K without labor.
I'm the guy that did it. I did it for just at 3k and is fairly straight forward. I have a have a spreadsheet with all parts required and list a few tips on it as well. I'm always available to answer questions if people have them too. Shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll send you the info.

Sponsored

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
I don't mean to sound like a broken record but doesn't it seem much easier and cheaper to take your tune and tires and put it on a manual car? I understand the guys that are forced induction and have a ton of work done to their cars but it seems it would be easy for you to transfer it over

proamas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I guess I should have take my Kenne Bell 3.2, oil pump gears, half shafts, aluminum driveshaft, id1000s, crank gear, timing gears, BMR springs, headers and other goodies all off to trade for an auto?? Lol that's pretty funny.

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
This is good info. Im on the fence of keeping my PP car and converting to auto or trading in for one.

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
So I guess I should have take my Kenne Bell 3.2, oil pump gears, half shafts, aluminum driveshaft, id1000s, crank gear, timing gears, BMR springs, headers and other goodies all off to trade for an auto?? Lol that's pretty funny.
I know this guy:cheers:

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
you clearly misread what i said. I said it doesn't make sense for guys like you but for him it would be easy to transfer over tune and tires.

side note: were opening up the new crunch fitness in south tampa. Come see us :cheers:
Sponsored