Sponsored

2015-2020 Mustang GT Cat Delete Pipes: First To Market and The Original Cat Deletes

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
Just to give you guys a heads up ...Some know this but I'm betting others don't , so I'll fill you in on the install of my Cat delete pipes ..

Passenger bolt on zero problems , fit nice ..

Drivers side ... Well cutting that Cat off was fun but not to bad ..But what you are left with is a oval pipe and a round flange to weld on ..Having loaned my torch set out to someone that never returned it I had no way to make the pipe round and fit the flange .. So I made some small cuts with the saw so I could bend the head pipe back to round and fit the flange ..I then installed the Cat pipe as it was going to be making sure everything lined up real good and both side matched .. Once that was done I tack welded the flange on the back side with my Mig welder .. I stopped right there and then removed the drivers side header with the flange tack welded in place ..I ran the header down to my local Fab shop and had them Tig weld it all up nice and pretty ..Tig welding it is a much better way to weld stainless steel than Mig welding ..Mig welding stainless doesn't penetrate as well as Tig welding.. Mig welding stainless may crack over time exposed to that much intense heat .. Removing the header is a lot of work as some of you guys know , but doing so allowed me to weld both inside and outside of the flange .. I didn't buy a new gasket and just used the sealer that came with the Cat Deletes ( I hope this doesn't come back and bite me in the ass down the road) If it does leak I'll run down to ford and pickup a factory gasket .. One thing I want to tell you is good luck getting the 02 sensor out with the header in place , it's much easy to remover with the header out of the car ..And after you weld on the supplied flange it is even harder to get to the 02 sensor to put it back in ..I installed the 02 with the header on the work bench and then reinstalled the header .. Price wise this is a good way to go compared to long tube headers ..Work wise .... Well I could have put the headers in the same amount of time and not burned myself welding and not got metal in my eye from the grinding of the header to make the flange fit ..

I say do yourself a big favor and take to a shop that does this kind of work and pay them .. If you do this kind of work and have the proper tools have at it ..This is no walk in the park if you don't have skills or the proper tools ..
6357267819343504341780594850_safety.gif

:p:cheers:
Sponsored

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
Just to give you guys a heads up ...Some know this but I'm betting others don't , so I'll fill you in on the install of my Cat delete pipes ..

Passenger bolt on zero problems , fit nice ..

Drivers side ... Well cutting that Cat off was fun but not to bad ..But what you are left with is a oval pipe and a round flange to weld on ..Having loaned my torch set out to someone that never returned it I had no way to make the pipe round and fit the flange .. So I made some small cuts with the saw so I could bend the head pipe back to round and fit the flange ..I then installed the Cat pipe as it was going to be making sure everything lined up real good and both side matched .. Once that was done I tack welded the flange on the back side with my Mig welder .. I stopped right there and then removed the drivers side header with the flange tack welded in place ..I ran the header down to my local Fab shop and had them Tig weld it all up nice and pretty ..Tig welding it is a much better way to weld stainless steel than Mig welding ..Mig welding stainless doesn't penetrate as well as Tig welding.. Mig welding stainless may crack over time exposed to that much intense heat .. Removing the header is a lot of work as some of you guys know , but doing so allowed me to weld both inside and outside of the flange .. I didn't buy a new gasket and just used the sealer that came with the Cat Deletes ( I hope this doesn't come back and bite me in the ass down the road) If it does leak I'll run down to ford and pickup a factory gasket .. One thing I want to tell you is good luck getting the 02 sensor out with the header in place , it's much easy to remover with the header out of the car ..And after you weld on the supplied flange it is even harder to get to the 02 sensor to put it back in ..I installed the 02 with the header on the work bench and then reinstalled the header .. Price wise this is a good way to go compared to long tube headers ..Work wise .... Well I could have put the headers in the same amount of time and not burned myself welding and not got metal in my eye from the grinding of the header to make the flange fit ..

I say do yourself a big favor and take to a shop that does this kind of work and pay them .. If you do this kind of work and have the proper tools have at it ..This is no walk in the park if you don't have skills or the proper tools ..
I agree about letting a qualified shop do the install if you are not experienced. Its a very straight forward install, but you need to know your way around a few different tools. I know a lot of guys have even installed the passenger side themselves and let a shop do the driver side to save a few bucks. Average install costs is between $150-250.

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
I have yet to have mine installed, hard to get the car to a shop when I work out of town 5 days a week

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium

Sponsored

JAS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT black accent package
I am really debating about getting the MAK cat delete, but I live in an apartment and would rather not wake up the entire complex when I go to work in the morning. What is everybody's thought on these connected to the factory resonator with Roush A/B?

JJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550GT
I am really debating about getting the MAK cat delete, but I live in an apartment and would rather not wake up the entire complex when I go to work in the morning. What is everybody's thought on these connected to the factory resonator with Roush A/B?
Please do it I have the same set up and can't decide if I should do it or not

JAS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just bit the bullet and ordered the MAK cat delete. I will post a video of how it sounds with the stock resonator and Roush A/B once I get it installed.

And with that, does anybody know a good exhaust shop in the Jacksonville area?

Akwarreng

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt premium PP
exhaust

Just bit the bullet and ordered the MAK cat delete. I will post a video of how it sounds with the stock resonator and Roush A/B once I get it installed.

And with that, does anybody know a good exhaust shop in the Jacksonville area?
S & S exhaust off Atlantic. Awesome guys there , do great work and have great prices.

Sponsored

JAS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got mine for 359.99 shipped!

JAS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAK cat deletes installed!

I just got my MAK cat deletes installed and so far I absolutely love them. I decided to keep the stock resonator to hopefully tone down the rasp a little.

[ame]

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
Well after a couple weeks of having my cat deletes on, my once smooth deep sounding cat back is rasp city.... so now time to buy a new catback

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Well after a couple weeks of having my cat deletes on, my once smooth deep sounding cat back is rasp city.... so now time to buy a new catback
Yep removing cats adds a ton of rasp especially on stock headers. Adding two dynomax bullets as mid mufflers/resonators will kill all the rasp without you spending a fortune on a new axle back or catback. About $90 plus paying a shop to weld them up.:thumbsup:
Sponsored