Sponsored

2015-2020 Mustang GT Cat Delete Pipes: First To Market and The Original Cat Deletes

ATTFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So I just had the MAK cat delete pipe factory connect bolted up to my Corsa sport catback. I am thinking about toning it down a little with this

https://www.jegs.com/i/Magnaflow/642/12468

It's a 2.5 inch dual in / dual out. Will it bolt right up and fit in between the MAK cat delete factory connect and Corsa sport or will I need a 3 inch dual in and out? Thanks.
Sponsored

mayhem267

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So I just had the MAK cat delete pipe factory connect bolted up to my Corsa sport catback. I am thinking about toning it down a little with this

https://www.jegs.com/i/Magnaflow/642/12468

It's a 2.5 inch dual in / dual out. Will it bolt right up and fit in between the MAK cat delete factory connect and Corsa sport or will I need a 3 inch dual in and out? Thanks.
I don’t have have the MAK Delete, but I’m catless with the Roush setup and I’m switching to the Corsa Sport. I plan to install Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonators in place of where the cats used to sit. I’ll update when I get them installed.

ATTFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I don’t have have the MAK Delete, but I’m catless with the Roush setup and I’m switching to the Corsa Sport. I plan to install Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonators in place of where the cats used to sit. I’ll update when I get them installed.
Yeah I don't want anything installed where the cats used to be I want to install that magnaflow muffler installed just to tame the sound down a bit without sacrificing power. I just don't know if a 2.5 inlet and outlet will connect to my setup.

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium

Sponsored

Stang1586

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Any additional discounts for Black Friday this month? I'm on the fence between Headers or this Cat Delete Kit and would like to order either or this month.

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
Will this throw a CEL light? I’m in Whipple stage 2 and I’d like to get rid of the carts but not at the expense of having an engine light on

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Any additional discounts for Black Friday this month? I'm on the fence between Headers or this Cat Delete Kit and would like to order either or this month.
I cant give details, but yes there will Black Friday Deals going!

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Will this throw a CEL light? I’m in Whipple stage 2 and I’d like to get rid of the carts but not at the expense of having an engine light on
If its not tuned for it yes, the CEL will come on, your tuner should be able to handle that with relative ease. Alternatively you can try spark plug defoulers. Dont have personal experience with them but have had other guys have good success with it stopping the CEL.

Sponsored

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
If its not tuned for it yes, the CEL will come on, your tuner should be able to handle that with relative ease. Alternatively you can try spark plug defoulers. Dont have personal experience with them but have had other guys have good success with it stopping the CEL.
That's a deal breaker for me then. I really like the stability of the cammed whipple tune that I have and I know they wont turn it off for me as they need to retain their 50 state legal certification.

Bummer

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
That's a deal breaker for me then. I really like the stability of the cammed whipple tune that I have and I know they wont turn it off for me as they need to retain their 50 state legal certification.

Bummer
Not much to do there. Wish I could help more, only other option would be to add a set of GREEN CATS in there, those will not throw a CEL and are designed for High HP Applications. They get a little pricey, but that may be the way to go to keep the best of both worlds. Shoot me a PM if that is something you would be interested in.

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
We have both Factory Connects and Race Connects in stock and ready to ship.
We are stocked for the holidays.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
Is it easy to mate the 3 inch to AWE touring on an 18? I will need to switch back to cats occasionally so I will just go factory connect if that makes the return easier. I will be running a supercharger so 3 inch would be nice.

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
You running an axle back or a 3" cat back? just to give you an idea I emailed them b/c I have a Ford Racing X in place of the resonator and a Corsa Axle back. the factory connect is what is easiest for that. they make it quite easy actually to switch back and forth for track use. you could buy an extra flange for $35 from them, weld it to the cat you cut off and then the whole thing is bolt on/off on both sides
Sponsored