Sponsored

2015-2020 Mustang GT Cat Delete Pipes: First To Market and The Original Cat Deletes

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
FWIW...
I went from the Magnaflow Comp to the street. MASSIVE change in volume.
However, when I deleted the cats and added the Whipple, it almost went back to what it was pre muffler swap.
I already have some 18” resonators in the system (they’ve been there the whole time).
A bigger muffler is going to help, but I’d almost suggest that you’ll end up building a system out of resonators if you prefer a more civil sound.
Personally, I prefer to be able to hear my passengers so I’m likely to add more “stuff” until it’s right. YMMV
Sponsored

ATTFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have a 2018 GT and I have a few qustions.. @AdrianMAK

1. I currently have the Corsa Sport Catback exhaust, do I need the factory or performance connect to bolt it right up?

2. Any issues with this pipe and running E85? I know with longtubes you need to relocate/reposition the 02 bungs/sensors or you fry them.

3. Is it reccomended to get BR3Z-5B266-A gasket for the drivers side rather than using the included silicone?

Thanks.

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
I have a 2018 GT and I have a few qustions.. @AdrianMAK

1. I currently have the Corsa Sport Catback exhaust, do I need the factory or performance connect to bolt it right up?

2. Any issues with this pipe and running E85? I know with longtubes you need to relocate/reposition the 02 bungs/sensors or you fry them.

3. Is it reccomended to get BR3Z-5B266-A gasket for the drivers side rather than using the included silicone?

Thanks.
The Factory Connect will bolt right up, on the corsa you can also make it bolt right up with 2 6in pieces of 3in pipe. The corsa is the most versatile.

No issues with E85 we orient our bungs at an angle to avoid that.

If you want to get the gasket its never a bad thing, they are kind of pricey for some people, Silicone will work just fine if thats the case.

ATTFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The Factory Connect will bolt right up, on the corsa you can also make it bolt right up with 2 6in pieces of 3in pipe. The corsa is the most versatile.

No issues with E85 we orient our bungs at an angle to avoid that.

If you want to get the gasket its never a bad thing, they are kind of pricey for some people, Silicone will work just fine if thats the case.
Cool thanks, any horsepowers gain difference between the factory connect and 3inch? Trying to see if it's worth welding the extra piping for the 3inch, do you sell the 6 inch pieces of 3 inch pipe? Im assuming it only bottles down to 2.5 at the end on the factory connect.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Cool thanks, any horsepowers gain difference between the factory connect and 3inch? Trying to see if it's worth welding the extra piping for the 3inch, do you sell the 6 inch pieces of 3 inch pipe? Im assuming it only bottles down to 2.5 at the end on the factory connect.
Yes it only necks down at the very end. Power difference on N/A cars and most entry Level supercharged cars is not really noticable. If you are building something to make 800+RWHP then I would say 3in is the only option. The 3in ones do not really require welding on the corsa catbacks. You can do it with just the 2 pieces of 3in and the clamps provided with our kit. That is specifically for the corsa.

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
so im going to guess and say id have to have a tune to run these.. atm im still on the roush s/c tune stage 1. i just want to get rid of the cats so i dont have to worry about them imploding lol.. looked into getting the cel foolers that extend the o2 out from the inside of the pipe a bit so it still gets flow and reads like it should.. i just dont want to jump the gun and then have to retune and spend a ass load of money for a handheld and tune. im happy with the hp now i dont see a reason to spend a grand for a tune and handheld if im happy with the car now.. i just want the cats gone

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
so im going to guess and say id have to have a tune to run these.. atm im still on the roush s/c tune stage 1. i just want to get rid of the cats so i dont have to worry about them imploding lol.. looked into getting the cel foolers that extend the o2 out from the inside of the pipe a bit so it still gets flow and reads like it should.. i just dont want to jump the gun and then have to retune and spend a ass load of money for a handheld and tune. im happy with the hp now i dont see a reason to spend a grand for a tune and handheld if im happy with the car now.. i just want the cats gone
A tune is recommended at least to have it revised especially if the car is supercharged.
I have heard of 02 extenders working but cant vouch for them either way.

Yes cats imploding seems to be a thing going around lol

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
thanks.. yeah i have no way to revise the tune from roush i dont think for catless, so id have to go aftermarket tune

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
I asked the Lund team about this and their response was:

"All exhaust items are accounted for with no revision required with our tune loaded. We already shut off Cat Overtemp and there is OE adaptive O2 transport delay for if the O2s get moved aft of stock location. We go ahead and add in a little more commanded delay and let it adapt from that location for OE. When resetting the KAM it should start back at commanded and learn from there for the Long tube and/or further O2 location. O2 sensors are already turned off too in our tunes."

This of course relates specifically to my off-road tune with the supercharger. So depending on your tuner/configuration/tune specifics you may or may not need a re-tune. In my case they recommended that whilst no specific tune update is required it's worth running through the KAM reset by disconnecting the battery and letting it re-learn then sending back some datalogs to make sure all is in order.

Sponsored

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
yeah i know lund and other companies do that .. prob is im still on the roush tune ,and you know they deff dont do what the tuner companies do .but could be worth a shot to just get the deletes installed, im going to get the other flange welded to the cats so i can swap them if need be .if theres a issue... then when im ready to spend 1k on a tune and handheld ill have everything sorted .. plus ill run the o2 cel things and see what happens

15PPBlack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Package
I currently have a Flowmaster Scavenger x-pipe, and flowmaster outlaw axle back. Will these cat delete pipes work with the 2.5" Scavenger x-pipe? Which connection should I order? How much louder can I expect it to be over my current set up?

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
if you order the stock connect i think they neck down to a 2.5 to fit factory exhaust connection were the old suitcase res was.cause i would have to do the same thing as i have a mbrp 3 inch system but it connects to the manny pipe which is a 2.5 on my h pipe rest of my system is all 3 inch

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
How much louder can I expect it to be over my current set up?
quite a bit. you'll be surprised and people will notice you lol

15PPBlack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Package
Anyone from New York running these? Any problems with passing inspection? Obviously I am talking after a tune and no check engine light, and the guy just hooks it up and doesn't put in on a lift? Im asking because a few years back they changed something with the inspections in New York in regards to what is read when they hook it up to their systems and all of a sudden a friend of mine, his '04 Cobra with off-road x-pipe started not passing, after years of passing, no problems with the tune and check engine light off.
Sponsored