montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Guys,
Sorry for not checking in on this sooner! This was developed as an auxiliary cooling component to an entire system. This just came out first. Indeed, on a very hot Vegas summer track day, this alone will postpone the time it takes for limp to kick in on 2015/16 tech cars. However, its not a cure on the hot days or very aggressive sessions. On the street and light track time, this is a very thoughtful, valued orientated setup. Test numbers are pretty vanilla without context so if I told you aluminum surface temp on tranny casing was reduced by almost 50*, I'm not sure that would turn anyone on? Let me know if there's a specific static figure you're after and I'll do my best to provide.
Couple other things that Tim hasn't given away...
1) For the intent observers of the photos, yes another system is being finalized and close to release. Its an active system with thermostatic control and manual override switch, in its current configuration. Stay tuned as this takes a lot of test time and validation prior to release
2)This scoop was meant to be modular, which means we will be releasing a version that is meant for GT/Ecoboost.
3) Please don't wrap your catalytic converters. You will not enjoy the end result or complete denial of Ford warranty coverage, either

Thanks, as always!!!
Thanks for chiming in Keith, looking forward to see what SA will come up with. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Guys,
Sorry for not checking in on this sooner! This was developed as an auxiliary cooling component to an entire system. This just came out first. Indeed, on a very hot Vegas summer track day, this alone will postpone the time it takes for limp to kick in on 2015/16 tech cars. However, its not a cure on the hot days or very aggressive sessions. On the street and light track time, this is a very thoughtful, valued orientated setup. Test numbers are pretty vanilla without context so if I told you aluminum surface temp on tranny casing was reduced by almost 50*, I'm not sure that would turn anyone on? Let me know if there's a specific static figure you're after and I'll do my best to provide.
Couple other things that Tim hasn't given away...
1) For the intent observers of the photos, yes another system is being finalized and close to release. Its an active system with thermostatic control and manual override switch, in its current configuration. Stay tuned as this takes a lot of test time and validation prior to release
2)This scoop was meant to be modular, which means we will be releasing a version that is meant for GT/Ecoboost.
3) Please don't wrap your catalytic converters. You will not enjoy the end result or complete denial of Ford warranty coverage, either

Thanks, as always!!!
Thanks for weighing in Keith. Rumor was you folks were working on the trans cooler fix with Ford. Is this true? Also, is SA working on a diff cooler kit?

Hopefully the active kit will be available before April/May start of the northeast Track Season.

TDC, agree that would be a good time frame for a release.

Last edited:

RadBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 BOSS302, 29 Model A Roadster
Shelby Scoop

Shelby American just released this.... http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/SHELBY-30.htm

Applications: 2015-2017 Shelby GT350 ($199.99)
Developed by Shelby's R&D team and track tested, the GT350 transmission air cooler is designed to not only bring cold air up directly on the vehicle's transmission but to also isolate the transmission from the heat of the catalytic converters to improve cooling and maintain performance.
Does this fit the R model as well?

OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Yes, same powertrain... well the R has all the Track Pack's additional (i.e. trans & diff) coolers installed.

Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
I'm not sure why you would. The factory transmission cooler is more than adequate. Even on very aggressive track driving, I haven't been able to heat it up more than 180 degrees. I believe that to be within the "happy zone".

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I'm not sure why you would. The factory transmission cooler is more than adequate. Even on very aggressive track driving, I haven't been able to heat it up more than 180 degrees. I believe that to be within the "happy zone".
Agreed the transmission cold isnt very pleasant id worry with the scope and the cooler it would never get to temp in the fall/winter

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
Why would an r model go into limp mode...a manual
All the cars going into limp mode are manual. The Tech and base cars don't have trans coolers like the R, Track Pack and 2017's all have.

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Finally took it out for a spin today. The scoop rattles pretty bad. Guess I should have figured this. Have to do some searching for a way to dampen the vibration. It's very annoying.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Finally took it out for a spin today. The scoop rattles pretty bad. Guess I should have figured this. Have to do some searching for a way to dampen the vibration. It's very annoying.
Are you sure all the bolts are tight? Are the cat shields making contact?

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Are you sure all the bolts are tight? Are the cat shields making contact?
Bolts are tight. Rattles at around 2500 rpm. Need to get back under the car to see if it's contacting anywhere. I doubt it since it only rattles at certain RPM.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I hate to say it but as much as I appreciate the effort, the use of rivets for the two insulated "winglets" may not have been the best engineered solution for this piece given the attachment area. The 13lb worth of mass dampers just aft of the scoop is not insignificant.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
mine is solid. i do not have any rattles.

I took the same 30 mile drive, going the exact same speeds on a high humidity, 72 degree day.

I was kind of shocked at the results.

By the tale of my nguage, 34 degrees cooler with scoop. kind of crazy!

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I was thinking of using some delrin or rubber bushings to dampen the vibration but I'm worried about the heat.
Sponsored