Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

GritzNGravy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Also just fyi, some of the data in the procal is wrong with the units the give you. Example, at 7100rpm in 3rd gear (manual) it says im at 148 mph. I wish, must be kph. Also maf rate shows lb/hr, but max Ive seen is 360. Doesn't add up, must be g/s.
Sponsored

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
The revised calibration they released mid 2017 has 0 drive ability issues (which were actually just issues with the 6M, the 6A guys have been good from day 1), it's just better than stock in every way and it's the whole package, not just "more power".
What calibration are you talking about? I'm havong '17 GT (no mods) - how do I know if it has new or old calibration? Or is it in regards to Power Packs?

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
What calibration are you talking about? I'm havong '17 GT (no mods) - how do I know if it has new or old calibration? Or is it in regards to Power Packs?
It's in regards to the Power Packs. If your car is stock, dont worry about it. If you are planning to install a new Power Pack, the tune should include the latest calibration.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I keep reading PP3 is the best because you can use rpm advantage.

It does not feel like very easy task to use advantage of several hundred RPMs though as you are at risk of hitting rev limiter all the time. And if you watching tacho all the time then you do not watch the road course and loosing your advantage that way. At least you need to add a shift light.

For average drivers like me PP2 provides improvements you do not need special skills to use.

P.S. Very useful thread by the way.

rayban1

Rayban1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Premium Guard
Leaning towards PP2 , thinking right now its a good fit, Just street , no track or drag use.....Maybe someday think of going SC Whipple... Just figured going with ford tune might be more reliable. Anyone who has PP2 , do you still have it today and any problems with it besides the no shift deal........

Sponsored

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Leaning towards PP2 , thinking right now its a good fit, Just street , no track or drag use.....Maybe someday think of going SC Whipple... Just figured going with ford tune might be more reliable. Anyone who has PP2 , do you still have it today and any problems with it besides the no shift deal........
A year and a half/8000 miles later including some track time, lots of canyon/Mt road spirited driving, sea level to near 10k ft elevation, 20ish to 110 degrees F. The car rips compared to stock, I am still very happy with PP2 including the no lift shift feature. No ping/knock, nothing wierd, no gas issues as long as its 91+ (even whats considered crap/cheap gas), no water on the paper filter in the rain or carwash and 100% SMOG legal = no worries. Yes the throttle body slap on shutdown, but thats normal. Id buy PP2 again in a heartbeat, FP nailed it as far as I am concerned. Id say the only downside is the $50+ replacement paper cone filters. You can change out to a K&N or FP washable filter meant for a GT350 but I find washable air filters a PITA and choose to just replace the paper one despite the high price.

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
A year and a half/8000 miles later including some track time, lots of canyon/Mt road spirited driving, sea level to near 10k ft elevation, 20ish to 110 degrees F. The car rips compared to stock, I am still very happy with PP2 including the no lift shift feature. No ping/knock, nothing wierd, no gas issues as long as its 91+ (even whats considered crap/cheap gas), no water on the paper filter in the rain or carwash and 100% SMOG legal = no worries. Yes the throttle body slap on shutdown, but thats normal. Id buy PP2 again in a heartbeat, FP nailed it as far as I am concerned. Id say the only downside is the $50+ replacement paper cone filters. You can change out to a K&N or FP washable filter meant for a GT350 but I find washable air filters a PITA and choose to just replace the paper one despite the high price.
You can find OEM filters for a third of that price.... shop around.

$13.87 --> https://parts.com/?fuseaction=store...36&diagram=JC15300&title=Ford-2016-Air filter

Last edited:

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I still love mine! I never experienced the stumble of nls like others have. I drive it any where from stop in go, back roads, highway and strip. Currently my best pass is 11.86 @ 115 mph but I think in some cooler weather I could do a tenth or two quicker!! I'm not afraid to talk my car or ford down but I have nothing but good things to say about this tune!!!

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
SJulian10mm
thanks great review, where did you order from and did you install yourself or dealer.....
CJ Pony Parts - $745.25 with a discount code but that was back in December of 2016, the power packs had just been released, infact I pre-ordered through CJPP in September of 2016 and it drop shipped from Ford Performance in early December.

Installed myself, had my ASE certified neighbor (who owns a hot rod shop) submit as the installer to retain the powertrain warrenty.

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
SJulian10mm
thanks great review, where did you order from and did you install yourself or dealer.....
I should also mention that I installed the FP oil separator at the same time as the PP2 kit. So i never ran the PP2 kit without an oil separator, I guess some people complained about ping/knock and said you need an oil sep to avoid that issue, but I cant speak to that.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The HP and TQ numbers look similar. Is there anything I'm missing?
Steeda is a great company. However, in the event of a power train issue while under warranty, you would be SOL with an aftermarket tune. Not saying that Ford might still not give you issues even with the ASE or dealer install, but your odds are much better.
Sponsored