Felian88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Hello,

I recently installed the Ford Performance Pack Stage 2 from the official German FPP Dealer (inkluded software for EU Modell). After I flashed the software the Falutcode P0315 appeared, which I was able to clear after I turned the "Profile Learning" in Procal on.
Everything runs fine, but wenn I turn the igition off a "plop" sound comes out of the front?! I have made a video and asked FP Germany but they dont really know the "problem" @ sec 13

Is this a normal sound when turning the iginition off? With the original software the "plop" sound does not appear..

Thanks for helping!
Paul
Sponsored

fabianvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 5.0
Hello,

I recently installed the Ford Performance Pack Stage 2 from the official German FPP Dealer (inkluded software for EU Modell). After I flashed the software the Falutcode P0315 appeared, which I was able to clear after I turned the "Profile Learning" in Procal on.
Everything runs fine, but wenn I turn the igition off a "plop" sound comes out of the front?! I have made a video and asked FP Germany but they dont really know the "problem" @ sec 13

Is this a normal sound when turning the iginition off? With the original software the "plop" sound does not appear..

Thanks for helping!
Paul
I believe it’s the throttle body shutting

Sponsored

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance

Ludachris

Threads
Reaction score
Website
s550mods.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP
I wish they'd create another set of Performance Packs with the 2018 manifold (which is cheaper), though I'm sure that won't happen since it would cannibalize these ones. I know you can source everything separately, but I love the idea of not having any issues with the factory warranty - especially since my car had one of the dreaded a/c failures already. And these performance packs seem so simple, as compared to the error codes and tuning work people have to do with the '18 manifolds.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I wish they'd create another set of Performance Packs with the 2018 manifold (which is cheaper), though I'm sure that won't happen since it would cannibalize these ones. I know you can source everything separately, but I love the idea of not having any issues with the factory warranty - especially since my car had one of the dreaded a/c failures already. And these performance packs seem so simple, as compared to the error codes and tuning work people have to do with the '18 manifolds.
Funny you say that, I just called FP yesterday about this asking if they are going to offer an updated kit, tune, anything for the 18 manifold.
In typical FP fashion it was a stern "NO" followed up with "Why would we do that". My thought was, uh, I don't know, money? Lol.

They were also very firm in stating that the stage 3 GT 350 IM was a better solution. Maybe they know something we don't, I don't know.

Ludachris

Threads
Reaction score
Website
s550mods.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP
Funny you say that, I just called FP yesterday about this asking if they are going to offer an updated kit, tune, anything for the 18 manifold.
In typical FP fashion it was a stern "NO" followed up with "Why would we do that". My thought was, uh, I don't know, money? Lol.

They were also very firm in stating that the stage 3 GT 350 IM was a better solution. Maybe they know something we don't, I don't know.
Yeah, it doesn't make much business sense for them to make it available, and they know that they'd probably piss off people who already purchased the more expensive GT350 intake manifold kit. It's too similar and I would bet the margins are better on the more expensive kit. I get it. Maybe we'll have some aftermarket sources who can offer the kit and find a way to get it to align with the factory warranty - long shot since it would be a competing kit, but hey, one can always hope.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Yeah, it doesn't make much business sense for them to make it available, and they know that they'd probably piss off people who already purchased the more expensive GT350 intake manifold kit. It's too similar and I would bet the margins are better on the more expensive kit. I get it. Maybe we'll have some aftermarket sources who can offer the kit and find a way to get it to align with the factory warranty - long shot since it would be a competing kit, but hey, one can always hope.
I almost bought the 18 IM yesterday. Called Lund up but when its all said and done it would be about a grand for what? 20HP? 40 hp if I was using E85?

I think I'm just gonna let it go and focus on driver mod and losing weight in the car. At least I'll have no probs passing smog in my state going that route.

Sponsored

Ludachris

Threads
Reaction score
Website
s550mods.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP
I almost bought the 18 IM yesterday. Called Lund up but when its all said and done it would be about a grand for what? 20HP? 40 hp if I was using E85?

I think I'm just gonna let it go and focus on driver mod and losing weight in the car. At least I'll have no probs passing smog in my state going that route.
That's kind of where I'm at. My last car was a pain when it came to emissions here in CA. Don't feel like getting back into that mess.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
That's kind of where I'm at. My last car was a pain when it came to emissions here in CA. Don't feel like getting back into that mess.
Good call man. If your ever hit up Thunder Hill or Sonoma, drop me a DM. I'm going to Sonoma tomorrow.

Here's the T-Hill SCCA Schedule for SCCA. Its a pretty decent deal.
T-Hill Schedule 2018.jpg

Ludachris

Threads
Reaction score
Website
s550mods.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP
Good call man. If your ever hit up Thunder Hill or Sonoma, drop me a DM. I'm going to Sonoma tomorrow.

Here's the T-Hill SCCA Schedule for SCCA. Its a pretty decent deal.
Will do :thumbsup:

Still hesitant to take the car out on track, being my first brand new car. But I know I will eventually. If nothing else I'll come out and get a ride in yours sometime. :)

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Will do :thumbsup:

Still hesitant to take the car out on track, being my first brand new car. But I know I will eventually. If nothing else I'll come out and get a ride in yours sometime. :)
No probs man. Much like any addiction... "If you try it once, you have to be prepared to do it the rest of your life or have it kill you".