2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

fewt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So, if I want to get PP2, i don't need to get PP1, too? It's already included?

If you want PP2 you don't need to get PP1 first, just PP2. They're completely separate kits.
Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
1. i have power pack 2.
2. Pp2 and pp3 are great. I recommed pp2 because i cannot justify price of pp3 and i would put 3k more and get it supercharged.
3.No issues after new tune update
^This^

Markbnh1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape & 2015 Ruby Red GT Premium

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
PP1 uses a drop-in K&N filter that fits the stock air box.

PP2 and PP3 use the GT350 Air box with a huge conical filter. They don't even begin to interchange.

FRPP will very likely tell you exact that...
Ahhh, so PP1 is even more worthless than I remember. No wonder I never gave it a second thought...

Glex25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Does anyone know if Ford has made any revision changes to PP2?

I decided to download the files to see if there were any updates and my original file were GP1 and the newest one is GP2

Sponsored

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
...If you want to piece meal them as you go, you have a lot of homework to do and will likely need to call FPR many times, unless their first answer is "No, you can't do that".
From Ford Performance's website ( https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-M8 ):

Calibration Notes:

• Ford Performance ProCal tool, included with all calibrations, requires laptop and internet access for calibration install
  • At this time Power Packs are sold separately and cannot be upgraded without the purchase of an entire kit.
  • Powertrain calibrations are developed and supported for U.S. and Canadian vehicles
  • Federal and state laws prohibit any person from installing aftermarket add-on or modified parts prior to the sale of a new motor vehicle

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
Downloaded the new tune today and I feel like there was a bit of rev hang all the time not just when cold.

Engine breaking is normal now, I didn't even notice it before but now I hear more down rev when off the pedal.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Do you know what your 0-60 time was with PP2? I just got it last week and it feels FAST!
Didn't do 0-60 track app yet. Here's a slip from the track though! Sorry if I already posted it here.
20170609_190700_resized-2.jpg

Markbnh1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape & 2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
Didn't do 0-60 track app yet. Here's a slip from the track though! Sorry if I already posted it here.
Nice! Thanks! :clap2::headbang::amen:

Sponsored

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Downloaded the new tune today and I feel like there was a bit of rev hang all the time not just when cold.

Engine breaking is normal now, I didn't even notice it before but now I hear more down rev when off the pedal.
I also have a '17 non-PP 6-speed. I had substantial rev hang after I loaded the tune about a week/10 days ago. After about 100 miles the rev hang went away. I'd say the heavy-ish engine braking has gotten much better as well.

For the increased power and angry intake roar I have now, I can deal with whatever residual "oddities"from the tune that are left. The PP2 is flat-out killer.

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
I also have a '17 non-PP 6-speed. I had substantial rev hang after I loaded the tune about a week/10 days ago. After about 100 miles the rev hang went away. I'd say the heavy-ish engine braking has gotten much better as well.

For the increased power and angry intake roar I have now, I can deal with whatever residual "oddities"from the tune that are left. The PP2 is flat-out killer.
Yeah I was saying the original tune had a but of rev hang all the time.

I never really noticed it until the new tune but the exhaust note on decel is very different.

I like the engine brake I have now. Just what I would expect from a 11:1 motor.

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Is anyone in Columbus, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh or even detroit running PP2 or PP3? If so I'll pay to copy your calibration file with my HPTuners.
HPT can now modify those cal files so you could add long tubes or upgrade from PP2 to PP3 (with a manifold of course). The process is simple, I hook the flash tool to your car, it downloads I copy, I give you cash. Noting is changed during this and no flags are set or stored.
PM if you can help me out.
Sponsored