Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leschuck.com
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
When I purchase the PP2, can I do some of the work beforehand such as downloading the stock tune & getting the tune thru Ford before the actual physical install starts?

This way I can have leg-up for the installer.
Sponsored

NeuroticGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
I just tried downloading the PP3 tune again and its the same file as back in March when I first installed it.
Ughh! I wish there was an easier way of finding stuff in this monster thread.

Did you have any complaints about rev hangs or any other similar issues raised by PP2 owners? In other words, were you hoping for a firmware update similar to what was released for PP2?

Markbnh1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape & 2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
For the guys who had it installed at the dealer, did you need to enter the info on the Ford Performance site, or did you just hand the box over and let the dealer take care of everything? I'll be bringing mine in soon (PP1).
I just put the stuff in the trunk (box doesn't fit!) and let the dealer do it all. I have no experience with tuning, etc. I don't plan on ever going back to stock so don't care whose name it's under.

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I just put the stuff in the trunk (box doesn't fit!) and let the dealer do it all. I have no experience with tuning, etc. I don't plan on ever going back to stock so don't care whose name it's under.
Good to know.

A) I want to be sure it's done right

B) I don't want to give them any reason to charge more because it "took longer".

It goes in tomorrow :)

Markbnh1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape & 2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
I just upgraded the cheap paper filter that comes with this kit to the better Ford Performance washable filter. Guess what? It actually came in an AirAid box! If I had known I would have ordered a red AirAid rather than Ford blue!

AirAid part numbers.....blue. 863-399. Red. 861-399. These are dry filters. Learn from my mistake!

Last edited:

Sponsored

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Pro Cal software system requirements

Hey - was wondering what the system requirements are for the ProCal software? I'm wondering if it will run on an old netbook running XP, 2GB of RAM, and an external optical drive just for the load?

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert

Sponsored

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
So at a bit over 18000 miles, I went ahead and flashed Power Pack 1 myself tonight - didn't put in the filter yet, as I have a fresh Motorcraft paper filter in. It wasn't too bad, but did get nervous after initial programming the CEL came on and it needed to relearn the crank. After I did that (thanks guys! What I remembered reading here was enough to get me through!) it was smooth sailing. Also, I discovered that the tire size was set incorrectly -- using Tire Rack specs, I adjusted -- I'm now FINALLY able to reach 60mph in second gear, and did a couple of test hits on trackapps, reaching my fastest 0-60's yet -- busted my previous speed by two tenths on the first try, and my best was 5.0 even, on my third try. It's a hot night, my tires are kind of over inflated, and are so new the mold release hasn't worn off, and the filter isn't in yet -- it feels and sounds like a whole new car, and runs like a scalded dog. We are forecast to dip below 60 in the wee hours Tuesday -- I may need to test again -- I'm pretty sure I will reach the 4's -- in my opinion, this pack is totally worth it.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
So at a bit over 18000 miles, I went ahead and flashed Power Pack 1 myself tonight - didn't put in the filter yet, as I have a fresh Motorcraft paper filter in. It wasn't too bad, but did get nervous after initial programming the CEL came on and it needed to relearn the crank. After I did that (thanks guys! What I remembered reading here was enough to get me through!) it was smooth sailing. Also, I discovered that the tire size was set incorrectly -- using Tire Rack specs, I adjusted -- I'm now FINALLY able to reach 60mph in second gear, and did a couple of test hits on trackapps, reaching my fastest 0-60's yet -- busted my previous speed by two tenths on the first try, and my best was 5.0 even, on my third try. It's a hot night, my tires are kind of over inflated, and are so new the mold release hasn't worn off, and the filter isn't in yet -- it feels and sounds like a whole new car, and runs like a scalded dog. We are forecast to dip below 60 in the wee hours Tuesday -- I may need to test again -- I'm pretty sure I will reach the 4's -- in my opinion, this pack is totally worth it.
By changing your "tire size" using the ProCal tool you are not physically changing the size of your tires. Your speedometer now uses the new size parameter to calculate speed.
Sponsored