Sponsored

2 year caliper re-paint check

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
While swapping the Michi PS4 for winter wheels and rubber today, I thought I'd see how my DIY caliper repaint is holding up. After carefully inspecting, I can only find one rock chip on one front caliper, and nothing on the rear :beer:

The Bullitt is now ready for winter fun : we've already received more than 12" of snow, with more coming next weekend.

TB3ahtIh.jpg

aRqlG80h.jpg

V3WhbxVh.jpg

O9aFUCth.jpg

OZl2QVvh.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome, they look great. I finally broke down took all four off, ripped the seals out and had them powder coated. Hope to never deal with it again.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
While swapping the Michi PS4 for winter wheels and rubber today, I thought I'd see how my DIY caliper repaint is holding up. After carefully inspecting, I can only find one rock chip on one front caliper, and nothing on the rear :beer:

The Bullitt is now ready for winter fun : we've already received more than 12" of snow, with more coming next weekend.

TB3ahtIh.jpg

aRqlG80h.jpg

V3WhbxVh.jpg

O9aFUCth.jpg
Curious as to how/why you settled on that colour for the DHG car?

OP
OP
aileron

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
Curious as to how/why you settled on that colour for the DHG car?
It's Audi Nardo Gray. Although I'm red/green color blind, the stock red calipers looked like baby #$*@ to me, and the Nardo doesn't scream "Merry Christmas". They look great with black wheels,, but almost used the yellow Porsche uses on their calipers. Anything but red on a green car!

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
It's Audi Nardo Gray. Although I'm red/green color blind, the stock red calipers looked like baby #$*@ to me, and the Nardo doesn't scream "Merry Christmas".
I agree about the red and was thinking a dark bronze would look good against the green even though you cant see it. cheers

OP
OP
aileron

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
I agree about the red and was thinking a dark bronze would look good against the green even though you cant see it. cheersI
I think dark bronze calipers would look great on both DHG and black Bullitts !!
Sponsored