Sponsored

1st road trip

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
We made our first road trip from west La. to Big Bend National Park in west Tx. Top down on the trip there and while there. On the return trip it as up. Fuel mileage average was 24 mpg with an average speed of 55 mph if my math was right. Like most have reported the displayed fuel mileage was exaggerated by 1.3 to 1.5 mpg on each fuel up. The only complaint with the car was I really couldn't feel the cooled seats and some lower back pain. Other than that the car performed well and no odd wear marks on the top while down.

The best road was fm 170 through the state park side, looked like a road that would have been filmed from Top Gear.

The worst part of the trip were some TX rural roads in general. I call them chip n seal and some of them were brutal on a car from road noise to vibration. All in all a good trip and some amazing scenery if you like wide open country.

IMG_3228.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Nice! Our first trip was San Francisco to Portland and back. Averaged 31mph in the Ecoboost. Also fantastic scenery along the coast, but sounds like we had better roads.

OP
OP
JCFoster

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice! Our first trip was San Francisco to Portland and back. Averaged 31mph in the Ecoboost. Also fantastic scenery along the coast, but sounds like we had better roads.
That's another trip I'd like to do.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I recycle the seat cooling. When the exhaust air in the seat starts to change to warm...I shut off the cooling. After awhile if the seats become uncomfortable again...I turn it on again. We call it "Ford manual seat-cooling".

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow GT
I'm heading out in two weeks from Michigan to Seattle and back. It'll be just me and my dog. Anyone have any advice on what to pack or prepare for?

Sponsored

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
One thing i found very helpful was a pillow we brought to put between the seats and cover the center console for the dog. It also turned out great for my right elbow after the fourth hour on the road. Dog loved it too.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
It's bad enough that the driver's door does not have a real arm rest but the center console is too low to rest my other arm. Hanging on to the steering wheel on long trips gives me long lasting muscle pain. I ended up buying an armrest that uses velcro straps that wrap on the console pad. It is long enough to pull forward to give excellent arm support.

Mr. G

Ira
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium convertible oxford white
OP
OP
JCFoster

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm heading out in two weeks from Michigan to Seattle and back. It'll be just me and my dog. Anyone have any advice on what to pack or prepare for?
If you don't have a spare, I'd pick up a small pack of string plugs and the T handle tire repair kit. Providing you still have the little air compressor. I know they have fix a flat, but have had very good results with them.

Sounds like an awesome trip, too.
Sponsored