1st Mods on 2020 GT500

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Nice spreadsheet, is this up to date? I know Steve Nestor is running a 1320 Junkie intake.

Would be nice to add a column for:

Who's tune
injector size
exhaust - stock or who's
resonators - yes or no
Cats - yes or no
Upgraded intercooler - yes or no
Upgraded heat exchanger - yes or no
Whipple additional ICP - yes or no
I picked up off of Ken from Palm Beach Dyno on Facebook...I' not going that route but love seeing what is possible through those that want to make a "betterer" GT500!

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I went with the JLT CAI and Lund Racing tune. No dyno yet. Not really interested in it unless I happen to be near one and I am at least 2 hours away from any.
Thanks. what’s your take on stock vs. now? can you feel a real difference? How about in track mode and using paddles?

RJ

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
If your only plans are to add CAI then likely most any reputable tune will give you good results. I have a Livernois tune on my SS and I am happy with it, i consider Livernois to be safe and reliable but not bleeding edge, most HP, etc. This is my opinion. Purchase, Service, and installing tune from Livernois is simple and straightforward. I plan to go a little deeper on the mods for the GT500 so am still looking at options, and really probably won't be going engine mod crazy till next year. Right Now PBD seems to have a lot of on hands R&D with all the mods i plan to do, so they are high on my list.
Thanks! Appreciate the info. I’ll be happy with CAI and tune.
RJ

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Little busy this weekend, installed the following.

1. BMR jacking rails......
2. BMR Diff Bushing lockout kit
3. BMR IRS Subframe support brace
4. BMR Cradle bushing lockout kit LEVEL 2
5. Steeda rear vertical links
6. Steeda 1 1/8 rear sway bar

Diff bushing lockout is a total PITA, because your dealing with no clearance around the gas tank. Installing all the cradle braces, supports, and alignment stuff is also quite tedious, getting everything to line up takes some patience. Vertical links were easy. Rear sway bar easy. I did paint the ends of the swaybar black as i didn't want to see baby blue through my wheels. All in all wasn't bad just days worth of work on a lift by myself. All the braces and jacking rails added right at 30lbs.

bmr diff lockout.jpg

BMR rear cradle1.jpg

BMR rear cradle2.jpg

steeda vertical link.jpg

steeda sway bar.jpg

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
Let me know what you think of the noise and vibration in the rear after you have driven your car. Those rear diff bushings didn't last a week in my car. Too much extra NVH for me. I mean if you plan to track the car then of course that shouldn't be an issue but I'm not.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let me know what you think of the noise and vibration in the rear after you have driven your car. Those rear diff bushings didn't last a week in my car. Too much extra NVH for me. I mean if you plan to track the car then of course that shouldn't be an issue but I'm not.
Even with them being urethane? I was not expecting much NVH from them? Now if you went full urethane bushings, or aluminum diff bushing pucks then i can see that. I guess i will see.

EDIT: Funny this is in the BMR description, same description just 2 different places, so the first one give you one impression where the second gives you another impression. Straight quoted.

' This non-permanent modification keeps the factory bushing in place, so NVH levels are not increased like a solid bushing replacement.'

further down in description......

'NVH levels will increase with this product installed. '

Last edited:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I tried the Steeda urethane diff bushings before, ripped them out immediately. Obviously, they won't be as bad NVH wise, compared to a metal bushing, but they introduce NVH anyway. Some people don't care, you may not either.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tried the Steeda urethane diff bushings before, ripped them out immediately. Obviously, they won't be as bad NVH wise, compared to a metal bushing, but they introduce NVH anyway. Some people don't care, you may not either.
Where these the urethane 'pucks' that go inside the Oem bushing or complete new urethane diff bushings?

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Where these the urethane 'pucks' that go inside the Oem bushing or complete new urethane diff bushings?
I installed the Steeda urethane pucks and didn’t notice any difference at all. Also did the aluminum collars on the subframe.
Did this on both the GT350 and GT500.

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Even with them being urethane? I was not expecting much NVH from them? Now if you went full urethane bushings, or aluminum diff bushing pucks then i can see that. I guess i will see.
I think everyone has a different idea of what "extra" NVH it produced by any suspension modification. There are three friends that have driven my car often after I have done various suspension modifications. One of them has owned Porches all his life and is a mechanic. The other two track their Audi's and Subaru's quite often. The most noticeable extra NVH to me out of all of the suspension modes was after installing the urethane hockey puck style bushings in both the front and rear of the diff. Myself and one of my other friends would not accept the added NVH. My second friend noticed it but was ok with it because he said the rear of the car felt more solid. My third friend said didn't notice any difference in NVH until I pointed out the extra noises and the vibration at around 2000 RPM. Everyone will have a different take on this.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, just the pucks. Now, my car was a manual, and I noticed it most in the driveline when shifting, but I also got a rear end wine that I could feel and hear.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only drove it for 20 minutes today and definately can tell NVH has increased. Whether or not it bothers me, its too soon to tell, course i went fullbore on all these braces, lockout kits, and links its hard to say what i am hearing. Pretty sure mine would be worst case scenario. I plan to dynamat the car, just haven't got around to it.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
My first mod was done several months ago. Now that my allocation is confirmed, I thought I would post my first mod. Not really a mod but good enough.

IMG_1654.jpg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
HK: Most happy for you with the latest news and I very much like the state's choice of white on black. Definitely one of the better things that have come out of Austin.

sarah-plate_900.png

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I have posted this photo before but I want to join the white on black license plate club. :)

NZ7_48791900.jpg