19' + 4" To 8" Upgrade - Volume Not Working

WolfMxbee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolf
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Ecoboost, 2005 Ford F-150, 1995
So I just installed the 8" screen, bezel and stereo module, so mine is a Base Model 2019 Ecoboost and the one I got was from a 2019 Bullitt with Sirius xm, cd player, navigation and carplay. My audio knob or steering wheel controls don't work, I have muted it and does work but when I use either the steering controls or knob, it DOES unmute so I know there's a signal, the radio is set at a medium to high volume so kinda hurts the ears after long use. Is this a forscan fix or a update radio type of issue. Also almost forgot I did also hook up my old 4" bezel to test the audio with the 8" and same thing happens
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I bet the the ACM (Audio Control Module) from the Bullitt was set to fixed out-put because it was likely a B&O system. Does the volume graphics circle show up on screen when you turn the knob?

With Forscan have a look at module 727 (ACM).
727-01-01 xx5x xxxx xxxx
In the first block of 4 digits, the 3rd digit needs to be set to 5 for variable volume output. I'm betting yours is set to something other than 5.

While you're in there also disable the programmed EQ for a more natural sound.
Change the first 2 digits in the first block to 00 as shown if it isn't already like this: 727-01-02 00xx
Ignore the numbers where I have shown an 'x'

OP
OP
WolfMxbee

WolfMxbee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolf
Vehicle(s)
I bet the the ACM (Audio Control Module) from the Bullitt was set to fixed out-put because it was likely a B&O system. Does the volume graphics circle show up on screen when you turn the knob?

With Forscan have a look at module 727 (ACM).
727-01-01 xx5x xxxx xxxx
In the first block of 4 digits, the 3rd digit needs to be set to 5 for variable volume output. I'm betting yours is set to something other than 5.

While you're in there also disable the programmed EQ for a more natural sound.
Change the first 2 digits in the first block to 00 as shown if it isn't already like this: 727-01-02 00xx
Ignore the numbers where I have shown an 'x'
No sadly I went back out today and tried it again and no volume shows up, only if I hold it that says volume minimum but doesn't move

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
No sadly I went back out today and tried it again and no volume shows up, only if I hold it that says volume minimum but doesn't move
Ok, but did you look at the module data with Forscan?

OP
OP
WolfMxbee

WolfMxbee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolf
Vehicle(s)
I'm waiting for my obd elm27 to come in, I already have some codes I wanna change via the Bullitt code you gave me, the drive modes, the Hazard fix and the eq disable

Sponsored

OP
OP
WolfMxbee

WolfMxbee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolf
Vehicle(s)
Alright so I have made changes and do have volume now however no animation to show the volume level, I did notice that my tpms only shows values for the passenger side now and that my miles to empty went up from full fill up today from 311 to 357 but I heard these 2 issues (tpms and gas) are normal as it resets all modules and to drive the car if I'm correct? But as for the volume issue it does work now... and also I noticed that the sound settings are locked, I can't adjust any of the sound settings, itll apply for a second then reset back to everything maxed

OP
OP
WolfMxbee

WolfMxbee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolf
Vehicle(s)
Also had a few questions, I've been searching through the sync 3 pin thread and wanted to see if you or anyone knows how to do these codes
- Disable eq was already set to 00?
Original code 727-01-02 0088 b9
- Disable park assist
- activate volume control animation
- fix locked sound settings (able to adjust for a second then reset back to max settings, also same for balance and is locked at surround and cant change to stereo)
- compass always facing north
- changed a setting for the eq and now have an annoying Loud beep when I hit any button on the touch screen even if volume is very low
- my stang is a 6 speaker setup, but.. if I changed to the Bullitt including the apim or the api? Does that mean it changed my settings to 12 speaker format via forscan? If so how to fix
- I changed the coding for the Toggle switch from one provided by a gt but found out I had to change it to a ecoboost, however the IPC code was very unclear if it's different from gt to eco
- Disable solar

OP
OP
WolfMxbee

WolfMxbee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolf
Vehicle(s)
Nevermind haha I fixed everything and can't be more then happy, I am a computer guy so after a while of trial and error I turned on my big brain and used my original as built and compared to a ecoboost premium and switched 1 code lines at a time then found out what not to do as I lost climate control, HD radio and all traction control so way easier to catch errors rewriting one line at a time haha but volume animation works and ac soft buttons, HD radio etc and even my sound settings, just had to replace the Bullitt as built from the apim and change back to factory then change some codes to a ecoboost premium with only the 9 speaker system

tangguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Nevermind haha I fixed everything and can't be more then happy, I am a computer guy so after a while of trial and error I turned on my big brain and used my original as built and compared to a ecoboost premium and switched 1 code lines at a time then found out what not to do as I lost climate control, HD radio and all traction control so way easier to catch errors rewriting one line at a time haha but volume animation works and ac soft buttons, HD radio etc and even my sound settings, just had to replace the Bullitt as built from the apim and change back to factory then change some codes to a ecoboost premium with only the 9 speaker system
hey man!! how did you fix the solar error codes? also, my phone buttons on the steering columns are not working. do you know the forscan fix for that? TIA

OP
OP
WolfMxbee

WolfMxbee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolf
Vehicle(s)
hey man!! how did you fix the solar error codes? also, my phone buttons on the steering columns are not working. do you know the forscan fix for that? TIA
I still have a few bugs but can do research, so far my line lock has an error issue where once initiated it gives a unavailable message and my volume for the GPS or text message automatically turns down to 5 and I have to manually turn it up everytime it speaks

Gatr13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT PP1 (Scarlet)

I'm having the same issues as you with the volume control and bass, treble, mid not being able to change. What codes did you input to correct these?
Sponsored