19 350 shifter recall

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
Not sure if 2020 was included in the recall. I had the replacement shifter installed in my 19 and if works well. Pretty sure you would get a notice if your car was shipped with a known shifter issue.
Well I thought the same but saw another member having similar issues with a 2020.
Sponsored

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Well I thought the same but saw another member having similar issues with a 2020.
I got my notice through FordPass.
Maybe someone will fill in if something is going on with the 2020. If nothing comes up and you continue having issues with the shifter, maybe it's a warranty replacement.

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
I got my notice through FordPass.
Maybe someone will fill in if something is going on with the 2020. If nothing comes up and you continue having issues with the shifter, maybe it's a warranty replacement.
Iā€™m going to give it some time but thought it was odd as itā€™s happened a couple of times to me already. Definitely interested in the mgw though.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
Iā€™ve been eyeballing the MGW for a year now. I keep spending money on the other two cars instead of just getting the MGW for the Shelby.

I want to do the install myself but Iā€™m a bit intimidated by the job to be honest, maybe thatā€™s really why I havent bought it yet.

im sure the 2020s came with the updates parts since the recall was put into motion before 2020 production began.
good luck with your 2020.

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
Iā€™m glad I ran across this thread. Iā€™ve been driving my 2020 GT350R and have about 200 miles on it now and definitely having some issues getting it into reverse at times sometimes taking me multiple times to get it to engage to the point the reverse camera comes on but it isnā€™t engaged into gear.

Those that have replaced with MGW have you had any issues with 3rd gear? I saw a video on mustang lifestyle and he was complaining about it. Also the reverse with the pushing down instead of pulling up the collar. Iā€™ve heard mixed feelings about that as well. I havenā€™t received any recall notice though.

Thanks
never had a problem with the MGW - highly recommend

Sponsored

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Iā€™m glad I ran across this thread. Iā€™ve been driving my 2020 GT350R and have about 200 miles on it now and definitely having some issues getting it into reverse at times sometimes taking me multiple times to get it to engage to the point the reverse camera comes on but it isnā€™t engaged into gear.

Those that have replaced with MGW have you had any issues with 3rd gear? I saw a video on mustang lifestyle and he was complaining about it. Also the reverse with the pushing down instead of pulling up the collar. Iā€™ve heard mixed feelings about that as well. I havenā€™t received any recall notice though.

Thanks
Customer Satisfaction Program 19B34 ā€“ Gearshift Lever Assembly Reverse Lock-Out ā€“ 2018-2019 Ford Mustang GT350. On some of the affected vehicles, the gearshift lever reverse lockout feature may not function as intended if the gearshift lever assembly becomes damaged during an aggressive shift event.
Most likely your car is not needed this. But you may check by entering VIN #:
https://ford.oemdtc.com/6177/custom...the affected,during an aggressive shift event.

Jdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JOSH
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350 whipple charged, 1972 Camaro SS pro touring

Thanks
Truly love the mgw shifter, it is a little stiff for going into reverse, but other than that very positive shifts and never had a issue with 3rd gear

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
My ā€˜19, which I bought new this past June has a build date of June ā€˜19. I assume the shift lever problem was taken care of before I bought the car.
Is there a way I can check without contacting the dealership?

Edit: BTW shifter works just fine. The first couple times using reverse there was slight difficulty. Zero issues since.

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
My ā€˜19, which I bought new this past June has a build date of June ā€˜19. I assume the shift lever problem was taken care of before I bought the car.

Edit: BTW shifter works just fine. The first couple times using reverse there was slight difficulty. Zero issues since.

Says through August 26th of 2019

9da2a06e-7619-4215-949a-88fb80369e71-png.png

Hamster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
GT350

Go to FordPass app. It will show if still pending.

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Go to FordPass app. It will show if still pending.
I did that, thank you.
I guess Iā€™d be able to find it if it was a concern.
Will FordPass show maintenance history? Canā€™t seem to find it. Only maintenance so far has been an oil change that I did myself. Still shows 54% life left.

Last edited:

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Just called the dealership.
The service was done in March.

Hamster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I did that, thank you.
I guess Iā€™d be able to find it if it was a concern.
Will FordPass show maintenance history? Canā€™t seem to find it. Only maintenance so far has been an oil change that I did myself. Still shows 54% life left.
If done at dealer, then yes. If done at non-Ford dealer or by you, then u can manually add the record. Open FordPass, select vehicle if have more than the GT350, select Vehicle Details, select Service and Support, scroll down to Service History.

When u changed ur oil urself, did u reset the oil life?

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
MadMax - look at my posts on page 11. Brand new 2020 R had problems with the lockout ring from literally the first time I drove it, backing out of a parking spot at the dealership and then trying to put it in first. The lockout ring would not go down smoothly after taking it out of reverse so when you went for 1st, it would slide right over to reverse. Got a little better with some miles but then it started happening again so put an MGW in it and no further problems. It is an amazing feeling transmission to use, fast or slow, way better than the MT82 with MGW in my Boss. I actually enjoyed the factory shift lever feel but the MGW is a lot firmer and more mechanical feeling.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
If done at dealer, then yes. If done at non-Ford dealer or by you, then u can manually add the record. Open FordPass, select vehicle if have more than the GT350, select Vehicle Details, select Service and Support, scroll down to Service History.

When u changed ur oil urself, did u reset the oil life?
Thanks for that.
I just updated my oil change.
There is nothing in my FordPass service record mentioning the shift lever replacement. I guess the dealership didnā€™t update it or they got paid for work they didnā€™t do. Guess Iā€™ll never know.
Sponsored