N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
It is intended to help the automatic keep better brake vacuum.
Well dunno what to tell you, but the GT350, never intended to have an automatic, has a aspirator. The vacuum aspirator between the GT350 and GT are slightly different.
aspirator.jpg
Sponsored

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
The way it's used on the GT350 and Bullitt (because of manual only) is to feed the IMRC solenoids. The aspirator gets pre and post throttle vacuum for that usage. Brake booster is fed straight from the manifold.

For the GT and Mach 1 it's different because they're offered with the automatic, which requires more and more consistent vacuum to hold brake torque against the transmission in D at stop lights, without necessitating extra pedal efforts. Used on the manual it should have the advantage of more consistent vacuum during autocross and maybe track usage.

Screenshot_20210427-225159_Chrome.jpg

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Great. Point being its an important part of the vac system like the metered idle bypass interrogated into it and shouldn't be deleted IMO.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I deleted mine and have not noticed any ill effects in over a year. If it makes any difference at all it is not noticeable on a daily driver.

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
well..I definitely lost 1-2 MPG on average after the manifold according to the factory instrument..

Sponsored

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I would like to give a shout out to this community for having a wealth of information.
I completed my manifold swap this weekend, keeping the IMRC. Special thanks to K4fxd and Bill88Stang over at HP Tuners.
IMG_1706.jpg
IMG_1710.jpg
IMG_1711.jpg
IMG_1715.jpg
IMG_1718.jpg

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
I would like to give a shout out to this community for having a wealth of information.
I completed my manifold swap this weekend, keeping the IMRC. Special thanks to K4fxd and Bill88Stang over at HP Tuners.
IMG_1706.jpg
IMG_1710.jpg
IMG_1711.jpg
IMG_1715.jpg
IMG_1718.jpg
Nice work , glad to see someone else make the cover work.
IMG_20210117_112656_330.jpg

IMG_20210117_112659_917.jpg

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I completed my manifold swap this weekend, keeping the IMRC. Special thanks to K4fxd and Bill88Stang over at HP Tuners./QUOTE]
IMG_1773.jpg

Ok, is this crazy or what? I'm not sure how accurate the fuel history gage is on this car, but I have never gotten over 21.9 miles per gallon. Now after the swap I'm getting 26.1 @ 72 mph on the highway. I am totally happy with this swap car pulls like a freight train!

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
should be 3.73. I need to look..I benchmarked a buddy recently and I was hitting gears before him and still lost. Both PP1 cars 🤔

On second thought he could have been behind me but still going X MPH faster than me..as I seemed to have jumped a little.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I finally did my swap this morning. The car fired right up with a nice, even idle and no apparent misfire, surging, or rough idle.

My instructions from Palm Beach Dyno was to complete an idle and a rev datalog, then send them in. That's done.

I'm using lockouts and installed the complete 2018 airbox setup.

Will I be able to drive this thing before I get my tune from PBD? I tried to call, but they're understandably closed today. I expect it will be a few days until I receive my tune.

JR

qwert7699

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Liam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I finally did my swap this morning. The car fired right up with a nice, even idle and no apparent misfire, surging, or rough idle.

My instructions from Palm Beach Dyno was to complete an idle and a rev datalog, then send them in. That's done.

I'm using lockouts and installed the complete 2018 airbox setup.

Will I be able to drive this thing before I get my tune from PBD? I tried to call, but they're understandably closed today. I expect it will be a few days until I receive my tune.

JR
when I did mine PBD gave me a base tune and I drove around on that for like a week and a half until I got the chance to data log for them and I didn’t have any issues. But obviously your experience me be different , and I would stay out of the power until I got a final tune.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
when I did mine PBD gave me a base tune and I drove around on that for like a week and a half until I got the chance to data log for them and I didn’t have any issues. But obviously your experience me be different , and I would stay out of the power until I got a final tune.
I got zero instructions from them, other than the datalog instructions. I would have expected them to provide a base tune. Perhaps they did. Unfortunately, they're closed today and tomorrow and I need to go to work on Monday morning!

I should have waited to install until I knew what I was dealing with, but I had a vacuum leak from my stock airbox and just decided to swap.

JR

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As it turns out, it appears that there IS a base tune loaded on my X4. I'm loading that now, and will need to datalog again.

I guess I should have checked, I just wish PBD had been a little more explicit with their instructions...

JR
Sponsored