Sponsored

[?] '18 Intake Manifold on '15-'17

Phill The Greek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GTPP
Thought I got everything hooked up. Fired it up and got the following codes, p1289, p2008, p2011, p2014, p2019. I haven't yet uploaded a tune so I think the 2008, 2011, 2014, and 2019 at to be expected with the lockputs, but why would I get the p1289?
Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Thought I got everything hooked up. Fired it up and got the following codes, p1289, p2008, p2011, p2014, p2019. I haven't yet uploaded a tune so I think the 2008, 2011, 2014, and 2019 at to be expected with the lockputs, but why would I get the p1289?
Load the tune then start it and see what happens. That is the Cylinder Head Temp sensor code. Did you unhook it for some reason?

Phill The Greek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GTPP
Load the tune then start it and see what happens. That is the Cylinder Head Temp sensor code. Did you unhook it for some reason?
I went back to take a look at it and saw that I had unplugged it and bundled with the other imrc electrical connections I am no longer using. Plugged it back in and the p1289 code disappeared. Thanks!

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
There is a lot of confusing information in this thread. Love the idea but I'm not savvy enough to sort out whats needed and whats not.

Any chance of a thread cleanup or a rewrite? 105 pages is a lot to sort through and yes I tried lol.

Its quite messy I agree. I felt the same way just I dont see anyone posting that has it working 'WITH' Imrc functional with a harness or what not. Surprised to see tuners recomending lockouts when The harnesses promise function for the same price as the mmr lockout :shrug:

i have my 18 mani sitting in the garage for a few weeks plus some harnesses i think a forum member makes who I cant find... just cant be sure theyll work without codes. Dont want to deal with that. :frusty:

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
the 1289 code is for cylinder head temp, the other codes all are related to the imrcs being locked out. in the tune they get disabled so they do not report a error. I disabled all the codes for the runners in my tune and do not heave a check engine light on , I think you are the only one ive seen have the cylinder head temp code.

Sponsored

Phill The Greek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GTPP
the 1289 code is for cylinder head temp, the other codes all are related to the imrcs being locked out. in the tune they get disabled so they do not report a error. I disabled all the codes for the runners in my tune and do not heave a check engine light on , I think you are the only one ive seen have the cylinder head temp code.
I went back and looked at the imrc electrical connectors aND saw that I had somehow managed to unplug the connector that goes into the back side of the passenger side head. Plugged it in and the p1289 went away. Very much relieve.

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
Its quite messy I agree. I felt the same way just I dont see anyone posting that has it working 'WITH' Imrc functional with a harness or what not. Surprised to see tuners recomending lockouts when The harnesses promise function for the same price as the mmr lockout :shrug:

i have my 18 mani sitting in the garage for a few weeks plus some harnesses i think a forum member makes who I cant find... just cant be sure theyll work without codes. Dont want to deal with that. :frusty:
Yeah thread is getting long now, and is a lot to go through, but I've got my IMRC still active, no codes, hardwired (no harness). There are a handful out there.

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Yeah thread is getting long now, and is a lot to go through, but I've got my IMRC still active, no codes, hardwired (no harness). There are a handful out there.
Did you just repin or figure the wiring outyoursef ? Who did you goneiyhbfor a tune ?

Phill The Greek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GTPP
Any reason why my knockr feed on my ngauge is showing 0.00 degrees regardless of whether or not I going WOT or not after I did this install?

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Any reason why my knockr feed on my ngauge is showing 0.00 degrees regardless of whether or not I going WOT or not after I did this install?
Did you plug the knock sensors back in?

Sponsored

Phill The Greek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GTPP
There was no need to unplug them was there? I don't recall ever unplugging them. Wouldn't it also pop some codes if it wasn't connected?

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
Did you just repin or figure the wiring outyoursef ? Who did you goneiyhbfor a tune ?
Got a set of the '18 pigtails at same time as the manifold. Went by the wiring diagram posted before, think also in the Lund install guide, in regards to cutting old / existing end off and connecting new ends.

AED for the tune.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There was no need to unplug them was there? I don't recall ever unplugging them. Wouldn't it also pop some codes if it wasn't connected?
For some reason I am thinking they are in the same harness as the IMRC stuff.

Phill The Greek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GTPP
They connect to the block under where the manifold sits and then run up the back to the wire bundle where the other plugs from the manifold are.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
They connect to the block under where the manifold sits and then run up the back to the wire bundle where the other plugs from the manifold are.
They're definitely unplugged then. You should be getting a knock reading (0.00 at idle, and negative knock under WOT).

Go back and figure that out because you don't want to be racing around without those sensors working.
Sponsored