Sponsored

[?] '18 Intake Manifold on '15-'17

wagnor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Irmc staying open even after commanded shut. Maybe I have the vacuum lines on wrong in back. Anyone have a visual on correct route of vacuum lines?

wagnor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ok have pigtails installed. Have the blue plugs spliced together. Now I can’t get rid of the p2005 code. Says the valves stuck open. Voltage shows them open at 3.4 volts. Desired is showing either 0 or 1 which should be the voltage to close. Is this a vacuum issue now? Anybody have a schematic on how everything is routed to verify if mine is good. Anybody take a pic of their setup to compare if mine looks the same. Anybody mess with the vacuum lines in the back of intake. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!

wagnor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I bet that's my problem, pretty sure I routed it wrong & my IMRCs probably aren't getting enough vacuum. I'll reinstall mine tonight and switch up the plumbing.
Valves stuck open on mine too. What did you do to fix this? How did you route vacuum lines?

Sponsored

SNOOPY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
With so many having issues changing manifolds and keeping the IMRC , I don’t understand why more don’t just sans the IMRC. :(

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
You must retain IMRC due to torque loss.:lol:

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah looks so much better with them gone as well. Less lines and headaches, just simplify and ditch em :^)

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
I'm going down this route so i've read anything related to the 18 IM on this forum as well as FB and any other sources I can find. I'm Procharged so the logical thing is to go with IMRC lockouts and avoid the headaches however one question that hasn't been answered is if lockouts are the best option for a daily driver. I've seen the power graphs with no torque loss with lockouts but that's on a dyno at WOT. Driving to and from work every day I get into boost only a couple of times so the low end torque is reasonably important. Anyone running lockouts notice a difference just cruising around town in and out of traffic?

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I know it's easy to ask, and realize it's a bit of a PITA, but I'd love to see the same car (NA bolt-on setup) dynoed with vs. without (locked out) IMRCs.

I'd be really curious what the low-midrange looks like compared.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
I've been trying to get a 2018 intake, all on backorder. UGGG! I am enjoying the F150 but haven't gotten to the strip yet. decisions decisions.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I know it's easy to ask, and realize it's a bit of a PITA, but I'd love to see the same car (NA bolt-on setup) dynoed with vs. without (locked out) IMRCs.

I'd be really curious what the low-midrange looks like compared.
I don't believe a dyno graph will ever show the difference between the imrc working and the imrc being locked out.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the IMRC are completely open at Full Throttle? No? You'll never see them have a chance to close on the dyno since you're always run on the dyno WOT.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I don't believe a dyno graph will ever show the difference between the imrc working and the imrc being locked out.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the IMRC are completely open at Full Throttle? No? You'll never see them have a chance to close on the dyno since you're always run on the dyno WOT.
Ahh, OK, right, I see what you're saying even though the plot starts at low RPM, it's still WOT, so from 1xxx RPM, it's still IMRCs open.

Could you back off to 1/2 throttle, then go WOT and see the diff? I've done a ton of dyno runs in the past, but I'm not familiar enough with how things can be measured.

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
We kept the IMRCs on the first car we did, after that we have locked them all out, makes the install easier, and cheaper for the customer, looks cleaner, and makes it a direct bolt-on for most part.
Sponsored