Sponsored

[?] '18 Intake Manifold on '15-'17

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Will it make a big difference in 1/4 mile if I install 47lb injectors and e85 tune vs a 93 tune on a car that has an 18 manifold and long tubes ? is it worth extra 500 bucks ( injectors 299$ and tune 200$)
The amount of gain will really depend on how good your 93 is. There will be gains no matter what, but the amount is dependent on how good your fuel quality of 93 is.
Sponsored

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Looks like a lot of people are doing this hence why it's been hard to find the manifolds anywhere.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like a lot of people are doing this hence why it's been hard to find the manifolds anywhere.
Yes it is. I got mine from [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] he almost always has one in stock it seems & packages it for shipping really well, highly recommend. Good luck.

Osiris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Britton
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP 10SPD GT (Osiris)
Didn't care to read through the other 95 pages and I'm sure it's been asked but has anyone ported their 18 manifold and documented gains from it?

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
Couple of my installed pics if anyone was still struggling with vacuum line routing. Wasn't a fan of the way the line for vacuum 2 was with the big swoop turn, so got a couple of these 90 degree fittings to make the turn a little better. Also in regards to the size of the lines - 3/8" is what works perfect for the evap and vacuum 1; 1/2" works perfect for vacuum 2 (had seen 5/8" referenced elsewhere before, tried that first and turned out to be too big).
20180613_195838.jpg
20180613_195745.jpg
20180613_195820.jpg
20180613_194615.jpg

Sponsored

Leahyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Comp Orange
Success story

Installed 18 manifold with eodtech wiring adapters. Gt 350 cold air intake and throttle body. Took a bit to figure out vacuum routing. Lund tuned 100 miles no codes on a 2015 gt. Just wanted to post encouraging news and thank all in the group for their posts. They helped a lot in the install. :headbang:

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Installed 18 manifold with eodtech wiring adapters. Gt 350 cold air intake and throttle body. Took a bit to figure out vacuum routing. Lund tuned 100 miles no codes on a 2015 gt. Just wanted to post encouraging news and thank all in the group for their posts. They helped a lot in the install. :headbang:

:cheers::headbang:

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Couple of my installed pics if anyone was still struggling with vacuum line routing. Wasn't a fan of the way the line for vacuum 2 was with the big swoop turn, so got a couple of these 90 degree fittings to make the turn a little better. Also in regards to the size of the lines - 3/8" is what works perfect for the evap and vacuum 1; 1/2" works perfect for vacuum 2 (had seen 5/8" referenced elsewhere before, tried that first and turned out to be too big).
Am I just seeing things, or is that a custom plexiglass cover over your air intake filter? More information please!

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
Am I just seeing things, or is that a custom plexiglass cover over your air intake filter? More information please!
Got the idea from this old thread here - https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32895&highlight=jlt+cover

Piece to lexan from Home Depot, etched / cut into shape of the air box, corners rounded off little with a dremel. Some foam insulation tape on the underside to give it little lip to keep it from sliding around. Since pic have also added some of the foam tape to the top side edges in hopes that'll help the hood push down on it more for better sealing.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Got the idea from this old thread here - https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32895&highlight=jlt+cover

Piece to lexan from Home Depot, etched / cut into shape of the air box, corners rounded off little with a dremel. Some foam insulation tape on the underside to give it little lip to keep it from sliding around. Since pic have also added some of the foam tape to the top side edges in hopes that'll help the hood push down on it more for better sealing.
I've been looking for that thread, but couldn't find it. Thanks for the link!

How is the cover being held down? It's my understanding that the hood presses against the clear cover which holds it down, and the weather stripping keeps the clear cover from sliding/moving.

Sponsored

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
I've been looking for that thread, but couldn't find it. Thanks for the link!

How is the cover being held down? It's my understanding that the hood presses against the clear cover which holds it down, and the weather stripping keeps the clear cover from sliding/moving.
Yup, that's all that is holding it in place. Every time so far when popping the hood to check in things, it has been right there in place. Will get some more pics of it tonight.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, that's all that is holding it in place. Every time so far when popping the hood to check in things, it has been right there in place. Will get some more pics of it tonight.
Great, thank you! Might give this a go and try to create my own.

Ever think of turning it into a legitimate product and selling it?

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
Great, thank you! Might give this a go and try to create my own.

Ever think of turning it into a legitimate product and selling it?
Posted some pics in that DIY thread as not to derail this one so much. And not sure how much interest there would really be to start selling something like that when can make your own. Sheet of lexan I got was $20 due to the initial size so end product pricing might turn some people off then as well.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Yes it is. I got mine from [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] he almost always has one in stock it seems & packages it for shipping really well, highly recommend. Good luck.
in stock and we spend about $20 packaging these for you so they arrive undamaged
Sponsored