Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a video we did on the 2018 Steeda Axle-Back:

Let me know if I can help assist further - we also have discount codes available.

Best Regards,

TJ

mmburr88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I love mine! I am starting to look at converting to an active exhaust setup using OEM components as cold starts are a little loud when leaving for work at 5AM, lol - I also have their H-pipe though.

OP
OP
Lbj

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
I leave at 5:30 but I’m in the county I main thought is how loud it is at all RPMS

Sponsored

mmburr88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I leave at 5:30 but I’m in the county I main thought is how loud it is at all RPMS
After cold start RPMs come down it sounds really good. If you're just cruising there's no drone and when you want to get on it she'll howl.

If I didn't live in the suburbs and get the angry eyes from the boss for waking up the kids I would for sure keep it the way it is.

I wish they made an active exhaust version.

OP
OP
Lbj

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
Thanks for the information & I don’t worry about waking up the Boss ...lol what is it like cruising it town

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I have the Steeda H-pipe and the axle backs. I think they sound amazing. I've had many comments that they sound great. On a manual shift car, they snap, crackle, and pop more than Rice Krispies. :) No drone when cruising.

srender517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shannon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I am currently using the steeda h pipe on stock mufflers. How much louder is the axle back exhaust then a resonator delete?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
It takes the sound up a couple of notches. If you have heard a Roush car, it is very close to that volume.

I am currently using the steeda h pipe on stock mufflers. How much louder is the axle back exhaust then a resonator delete?

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Here is a video we did on the 2018 Steeda Axle-Back:

Let me know if I can help assist further - we also have discount codes available.

Best Regards,

TJ

TJ does this car have the Xpipe?

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I’ve got the H-pipe on the way that I’ll be using with the factory axle back. In all honesty am I wasting my time/money? As far as adding the axle back to the H pipe how bad does it drone? I know just the axle backs does not.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I’ve got the H-pipe on the way that I’ll be using with the factory axle back. In all honesty am I wasting my time/money? As far as adding the axle back to the H pipe how bad does it drone? I know just the axle backs does not.
Fyi drone is primarily from the muffler solution, not the mid pipe. So if the axle back of choice drones, the H will accent it. If it does not, the H will not cause it.

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Fyi drone is primarily from the muffler solution, not the mid pipe. So if the axle back of choice drones, the H will accent it. If it does not, the H will not cause it.
Usually, that's the case. but velocity through the mufflers can change a little. more airflow from the lack of the res (if it's restrictive and that's debateable from what I've read, it certainly looks restrictive after looking at how the color change on the case has certain areas that clearly get hotter) will certainly make a muffler system that is on the verge of droning to drone quite a bit. But you also have to remember some people are far more sensitive to it than others.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase