Sponsored

18+ GT Fuel System

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've got a couple of questions about the 16 injector setup on the current Mustangs.
Does anyone know what the stock rate are for the port injectors and the direct injectors?
Also when running a FI setup is the DI taken into account when sizing the new injectors?
I also have noted a lot of people run a BAP setup like JMS fuelmax, is this for stock injectors to raise the duty cycle or is this for the aftermarket (Larger) injectors? If so why not just run a higher flowing Fuel pump.
Sponsored

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
Does anyone know what the stock rate are for the port injectors and the direct injectors?

The Port injectors are 24lbs , no idea on the DI side but with 2400psi behind them, they don't need to be very big.

Also when running a FI setup is the DI taken into account when sizing the new injectors?

To a point, depending on how much power you want, with DI you can run a smaller port injector, say a 1000 instead of a 1300

I also have noted a lot of people run a BAP setup like JMS fuelmax, is this for stock injectors to raise the duty cycle or is this for the aftermarket (Larger) injectors?

A BAP lowers the DC on the fuel pump ... by increasing the fuel pressure that will lower the DC on the injectors,

If so why not just run a higher flowing Fuel pump.

You can swap in a high flowing pump, Unless you are going for big power, a BAP is a fairly easy install and with larger injectors will support 800rwhp.

OP
OP
illtal

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Ok thanks for the straight forward answers. I'm looking into turbo setups. Seems like people run very large turbos for a tt setup, I'd like to run something smaller and have a bit more throttle response. I sent out a few emails, I actually prefer the high mounted systems over the low mounts.

ninjacoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
You can swap in a high flowing pump, Unless you are going for big power, a BAP is a fairly easy install and with larger injectors will support 800rwhp.
Is that BAP/factory pump 800rwhp with gasoline or E85?

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
OP
OP
illtal

illtal

Threads