Sponsored

18 driver heated/cooled seat Stopped working

Viscosity6 5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang
Just like the title says, I have an 18 ecoboost premium PP1(without memory seats) and only the driver seat's heated/cooled function stopped working. No blower, no heat, no cooling, nothing but the button lights up. The passenger seat works without issue . I saw posts about the plugs shorting out but saw no issue on the plugs I saw under my driver seat.
I've checked the fuses, and it's not under warranty. I can only assume it's a module, but not sure.
I didn't see this exact issue posted, so if you know of one feel free to forward.
Any help would be appreciated!
20220412_135000.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Viscosity6 5

Viscosity6 5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang
You may want to check out this thread (if you have not already) regarding failed seat heat/cool modules:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/heated-cooled-seats-mystery.152156/
I appreciate the link, but that's a 2017, and doesn't sound like my issue. I'm thinking it's the module under the seat (pictured) .
The seat had been working since getting the car about 2yrs ago. Can't find any used ones, and there is a new SKU- for that part (JU5Z-14C708-R)

There is a thread with the same issue, but no updates for long time about a fix. The new part is about $200 with shipping& tax. Or $350 from dealer.

OP
OP
Viscosity6 5

Viscosity6 5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang
20220627_121247.jpg

Update- Ok, so I final got the replacement control mod in and replaced it. Simple enough to disconnect and connect the new one and didn't seem to do anything at all.
The lights come on still, but no sound, or click like others have had. So unless I can figure something out, looks like it's going to the dealership.

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
20220627_121247.jpg

Update- Ok, so I final got the replacement control mod in and replaced it. Simple enough to disconnect and connect the new one and didn't seem to do anything at all.
The lights come on still, but no sound, or click like others have had. So unless I can figure something out, looks like it's going to the dealership.
any update? my 2021 stopped working same as yours it seems. haven't checked the plug yet.
Sponsored