Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
My wife got the local dealer to match deals similar to Koons. I told her she was crazy and that they would never do it. Never underestimate the power of a woman to ask for something that we think illogical. She did it and got it. I'm still amazed. $5000 off sticker on a V6. That's something.
Thanks for the reply... The other problem with the local dealerships is that they seem to be in love with the GT premiums with the PP. I drove one and the suspension was too stiff for me and the brakes were so touchy that I nearly went thru the windshield when tapping them. i drove a non PP and it was MUCh better for me.. I guess i'm wondering if I go to my local dealership with koons pricing will they be willing to find a car for me on another lot or just negotiate with what they have in stock?
Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
So lorne, unless you are in love with lighting blue or grabber blue i would personally snatch up a 16. They are still all over the lots and there is no difference between 16 and 17 except for the blinkers in the hood on the gt model and the two new colors. But if you can live with out that i would deffently grab a 16. In the next month or so ford should be offering 0% financing on the 16's as well just like they did the 15's. Now last year they did that in august just when the 16's started to arrive at dealers but since 17's are showing up now on lots i would think 0% should be happening very soon. But good luck, and enjoy the experience because for me going to different lots and looking at different colors and options was a blast! :crazy:
Thanks for the reply! YOu just confirmed a lot for me.... I am tempted to wait until the 2017's arrive on the lot so I can see the lightning and grabber blue...just to be sure I am making the right decision to not wait. I like the deep impact blue, but it almost seems too dark-- I want to add accents to it like the blacked out hood vents and a black spoiler, but they are going to be so blended into the dark blue that there would be no contrast..saw a DIB at a dealer with black racing stripes and that was terrible... could hardly see them. not sure what the dealership was thinking when they purchased that for stock. I'm wondering if the lightning is a softer, lighter blue that would allow some black accents and not have them lost...The Grabber intrigues me as well, but I would have to see it in person to know if it really hits me.. some colors will wash out the body lines and just look blah... it's funny to read all of the posts on this forum regarding grabber blue..its either love or hate...It's seems so fickle to be worrying over color, but this is going to be a major purchase for me and want to get it right... I was told that if you pick the right color you should never get tired of looking at your Mustang..

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You're right about that. If you pick the right color, it'll never tire. I love my guard green, though my wife wishes I had gotten ruby red.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
You're right about that. If you pick the right color, it'll never tire. I love my guard green, though my wife wishes I had gotten ruby red.
LOL..that is funny because my wife rented a 2015 mustang convertible for my birthday and it was Ruby Red...now she wants me to order a convertible in that color. I don't want a convertible and Ruby Red is not on the top of my list....
by the way, i really like the guard as well but have not seen it in person so hard to know if that would be a color I want....

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
LOL..that is funny because my wife rented a 2015 mustang convertible for my birthday and it was Ruby Red...now she wants me to order a convertible in that color. I don't want a convertible and Ruby Red is not on the top of my list....
by the way, i really like the guard as well but have not seen it in person so hard to know if that would be a color I want....
Guard looks VERY different in person than it does in pictures. Whether you like it more or less is quite subjective, but this is definitely a color you need to see in person before deciding.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Guard looks VERY different in person than it does in pictures. Whether you like it more or less is quite subjective, but this is definitely a color you need to see in person before deciding.
I agree totally. The manufacturer pics on Ford's website of the various colors is not accurate....It is difficult to see all of the colors at one dealership. I've even followed owners to see if I could get an up close view of the color if I hadn't see it yet...

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Lorne,

Congrats on this new car of yours. Its a tough decision on color. Lighter colors make the lines pop on this car. Lightning blue is more of a dark color and all the luster kind of hides the lines IMO. If you like blue, smurf blue is the ticket. I'm still on the fence myself. I have a yellow and a white ordered, but thinking about changing one to a blue of some sort. It may be GB for YYY.
Have fun and enjoy the experience.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Best pictures I have that capture the color:
IMG_20150601_112246422_HDR_2.jpg
DSCN1215.jpg
fresh wash_2.jpg
DSCN1218.JPG

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Lorne,

Congrats on this new car of yours. Its a tough decision on color. Lighter colors make the lines pop on this car. Lightning blue is more of a dark color and all the luster kind of hides the lines IMO. If you like blue, smurf blue is the ticket. I'm still on the fence myself. I have a yellow and a white ordered, but thinking about changing one to a blue of some sort. It may be GB for YYY.
Have fun and enjoy the experience.
Thanks for the reply! I want to do some visual modifications as well so trying to decide on lighter body color with black contrasts or go with a darker color and put lighter (white) racing stripes, etc...What models are you ordering?

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Best pictures I have that capture the color:
OMG! That first picture is stunning! I love the way it looks. I just love the design... I don't think you could go wrong with any color....maybe that's my problem too many colors and too many options for visual modification :-)

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I wish guard was a shade green that you can always tell its green no matter the lighting. I like guard but that was my complaint about it after seeing it in person.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
OMG! That first picture is stunning! I love the way it looks. I just love the design... I don't think you could go wrong with any color....maybe that's my problem too many colors and too many options for visual modification :-)
It is! All of the colors look great on this car, just a matter of personal preference which one you like best.

My top are, in order:
Guard
Ingot Silver
DIB

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I wish guard was a shade green that you can always tell its green no matter the lighting. I like guard but that was my complaint about it after seeing it in person.
You can when it's clean. When it's dirty it's tougher to discern from grey, but gosh it is so beautiful when clean. Clean & overcast (like my first pic) is the best because the green becomes very rich looking. In the sunlight the metal flake pops.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
You can when it's clean. When it's dirty it's tougher to discern from grey, but gosh it is so beautiful when clean. Clean & overcast (like my first pic) is the best because the green becomes very rich looking. In the sunlight the metal flake pops.
yes, I could tell the difference between that first picture and the others that I assume were at the dealership when you purchased it.... The dealership cars always look dull and kind of dirty unless they wash and prep it for you... I read on a different post here about Paint Correction to buff out all of the tiny scratches and dulling from manufacturing and transport....not sure if it's necessary or worth the money but the before and after pics look pretty convincing...

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
yes, I could tell the difference between that first picture and the others that I assume were at the dealership when you purchased it.... The dealership cars always look dull and kind of dirty unless they wash and prep it for you... I read on a different post here about Paint Correction to buff out all of the tiny scratches and dulling from manufacturing and transport....not sure if it's necessary or worth the money but the before and after pics look pretty convincing...
The car is actually freshly washed in all of those pictures. It just goes to show that it's hard to capture some colors with a camera. Clay bar and good wax does wonders, though. It takes about 4 hours to do a good wash, clay and wax, but so worth it.
Sponsored