Sponsored

17's have landed!!!

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
I agree. My 2017 gt was OTD for 32500. No x plan or any employee discounts. It was $200 over its invoice OTD. Mrsp was a bit over 36,000
I really screwed myself not going through Koons when I got my 2015. They have such ridiculous prices. I went to my hometown dealer who we've bought a lot of cars from, but since I joined the forum (after buying) I've come to realize that there are better deals to be had.
Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I really screwed myself not going through Koons when I got my 2015. They have such ridiculous prices. I went to my hometown dealer who we've bought a lot of cars from, but since I joined the forum (after buying) I've come to realize that there are better deals to be had.
Ive heard koons has great prices. I got a better deal locally then when i called Koons and tried to wheel and deal. Im still multiple states away from them but if the price would have been there id have done it.

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
Ive heard koons has great prices. I got a better deal locally then when i called Koons and tried to wheel and deal. Im still multiple states away from them but if the price would have been there id have done it.
Good point. I guess the real issue is that I did zero dealing. I learned my lesson. They didn't rip me off, but no one did me any favors. I guess they did give me a good deal on my trade in though.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Good point. I guess the real issue is that I did zero dealing. I learned my lesson. They didn't rip me off, but no one did me any favors. I guess they did give me a good deal on my trade in though.
I refused to pay over invoice OTD. Being only 200 away from it i wasnt going to push my luck and walk away from the deal to only potentially pay more elsewhere. Especially since there was no insensitives/rebates going on for the 17s yet. Cant be afraid to walk out though. Just have to know when go and when to stay.

I just helped a buddy find 2.49 apr for 72 on his. Good apr deals are just as important. Myself im not worried about it though, i have enough to pay for the car in full.

OP
OP
Czs550

Czs550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2018 10r80 GT, Lightning Blue
2017 ecoboost premium pony package

Pic 1
image.jpg

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Ugh. I despise the Pony Package. It just looks cheap/chintzy. Why would someone want a sidewalk grate for a grille? At least on the GT/CS, it's black so it doesn't stand out like that.

Barry626

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang 2.3L

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hello, My name is Lorne. I am from Wisconsin and currently do not own a Mustang. It has been a dream of mine for the past 30 years to own one, but circumstances (marriage, kids, etc) have made it low on the priority list and definitely not on the "need" list. But the time has come and I am finally ready to start shopping! I am looking for a 2016-17 Mustang Gt Premium (no pp). My color choices are Magnetic, Blue (either DIB or Lightning), possibly grabber blue or Ruby Red. Can anyone give me some ideas as to where to start with shopping? I have checked the local dealerships and their prices seem higher than some of the other dealerships outside of my area. Not sure if I want to custom order one. I have always struggled with the idea of purchasing brand new as the depreciation hits you as soon as you drive off the lot.. with that being said..any opinions on purchasing a end of model year 2016 now that the 2017's are out?

Sponsored

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
My wife got the local dealer to match deals similar to Koons. I told her she was crazy and that they would never do it. Never underestimate the power of a woman to ask for something that we think illogical. She did it and got it. I'm still amazed. $5000 off sticker on a V6. That's something.

OP
OP
Czs550

Czs550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2018 10r80 GT, Lightning Blue
So lorne, unless you are in love with lighting blue or grabber blue i would personally snatch up a 16. They are still all over the lots and there is no difference between 16 and 17 except for the blinkers in the hood on the gt model and the two new colors. But if you can live with out that i would deffently grab a 16. In the next month or so ford should be offering 0% financing on the 16's as well just like they did the 15's. Now last year they did that in august just when the 16's started to arrive at dealers but since 17's are showing up now on lots i would think 0% should be happening very soon. But good luck, and enjoy the experience because for me going to different lots and looking at different colors and options was a blast! :crazy:

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Wow, not much of a "wow" price now..... :D The price on my 16 was something like $6500 off (before employing the fuzzy math gun)
The Annapolis Koons Ford dealership is not affiliated with the rest of the Koons dealerships. Its owned by another member of the Koons family and shady.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The Annapolis Koons Ford dealership is not affiliated with the rest of the Koons dealerships. Its owned by another member of the Koons family and shady.
Thank you for that bit of information> i was wondering if the different koons dealerships were affiliate. The big one I see on Cars.com is Koons Sterling out of VA.. is that one of the "good" dealerships? I was going to give them a call and see what they could offer me...

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
So much chrome. Why did they take the California Special grill and ruining it by painting it chrome?
Sponsored