Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Igor
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Hi guys!

I have a problem with my Mustang... What I have on car and what have done:
2016 GT(MT) Base PP with Roush supercharger Phase 2 (BAP and 80mm pulley)
14k miles
X-pipe + Roush axleback (Cats are intact)
Roush tune (should be... bought car not a long time ago)
new roush air filter, new MAF, cleaned TB
93 octane only!

So when I am cruising or slightly pushing accelerator I am getting slight jerks that feels like misfires
On decelerating I am getting gurgling/popping sound from exhaust(like if there fuel is burning inside exhaust)

On idle AFR bouncing 13.9-14.3, on cruising 14.1-14.3
long/short fuel trims are seems fine
also accelerator pedal relearn was made after I've removed TB to clean it
No codes, no misfires

WOT - everything seems fine, AFR ~11.6, boost ~10-11psi
sometimes car jerks 2-3 times on first gear after full stop.

vacuum gauge ~22 on idle, so should be no vacuum leaks.

Please help! Don't know where to dig... don't wan't to start changing everything like it was on my previous 2007 GT ))
Maybe somebody experienced also can read my datalog(SCT BDX) for a reasonable fee to check what's wrong?

Thank you!
Sponsored

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
did you change the plugs? i know the phase 2 comes with different plugs, im stage 1 and i switched to 8510s ngk,s i believe is the number im gapped at 0.28

my afr is the same as yours i bounce from 13.9 to about 14.5 vac is a the same my WOT is a bit richer then yours like 11.1 10.9ish been a bit id have to check

OP
OP

briskspirit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Igor
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
did you change the plugs? i know the phase 2 comes with different plugs, im stage 1 and i switched to 8510s ngk,s i believe is the number im gapped at 0.28

my afr is the same as yours i bounce from 13.9 to about 14.5 vac is a the same my WOT is a bit richer then yours like 11.1 10.9ish been a bit id have to check
That is the only thing I haven't checked yet, but thought if I am getting 0 misfires they should be fine.. Will check today.

OP
OP

briskspirit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Igor
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Are you sure you're not just in the range where you're actuating the bypass a lot causing it to surge?
Emm, I am not sure as this is my first supercharged car))
But I fill the same when slightly accelerating too

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Emm, I am not sure as this is my first supercharged car))
But I fill the same when slightly accelerating too
Well checking the plugs is a good place to start. Also a catch can for at least the passenger side is a good idea, if you're getting oil through the PCV system you can see some weird behaviors.

Eljay52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium, MT, Ford racing x-pipe Roush Phase 2.
I have had this jerking occasionally also. Usually after the car has been sitting even if the engine is warm. It happened in 2nd gear at part throttle around 4K rpm. Couldn't get it to act up when I took it to my local tuner. The Roush tune was "optimized" by JBA in San Diego on their dyno. It's intermittent and, as of yet, don't have a device to do a data log. I'm following this thread to see what anyone discovers. The jerking was so severe one time. It reminded me of how an older stick shift car would behave if you came to a stop in gear and didn't depress the clutch pedal.

Beano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
FGX XR8 and 2016 Mustang GT, Both supercharged
Sometimes I have this same crappy behaviour on my 16 670hp Roush setup. I have learned to drive around it, so it isn’t a problem for me, but still an annoyance....

I am willing to bet both my kidneys the Roush-tune needs fine-tuning.....

Cheers,
Beano

OP
OP

briskspirit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Igor
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Today listened my engine on idle - slight popping occurs, so definitely will check spark plugs tomorrow. But if spark plugs are bad wouldn't I get misfire readings on datalog?

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
not always it has to be a consistent miss fire for the ecu to keep it then it gives a code , i know when i looked at the phase 2, i was going to upgrade mine it comes with one step colder plugs. i have some small pops here and there also at idle, i did my plugs cleaned my TB and elbow, even went as far as to do a compression test everything was good, i still get the random pops here and there even took the gap down to 0.26 its still there still runs great and everything is inline fuel trim and spark and afr so nothing more i can do .. and i have a passenger side can as well

id change plugs try the gap at 0.28 or 0.26 and go from there as said it could be the bypass as your hitting that spot of boost

Sponsored

tyoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT ROUSH SC PP
Any solution on this? My Roush Phase 2 feels like its a dead pedal and then once you're around 20% pressed into throttle it comes to life.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I am willing to bet both my kidneys the Roush-tune needs fine-tuning.....
I am almost willing to bet that is the case.
Wasn't there a thread on here or multiple threads about the Roush Phase 2 tunes being a little off when they first came out?

Beano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
FGX XR8 and 2016 Mustang GT, Both supercharged
Yep, waiting for my VMP blower to arrive, will do a custom tune then - will be resolved come way or another :)

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Ditch the Roush tune it sucks. Get a custom tune from Lund, VMP or PBD and it will be night and day. I’m tuned by VMP and couldn’t be happier on my 17 Roush Phase 2.

tyoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT ROUSH SC PP
Ditch the Roush tune it sucks. Get a custom tune from Lund, VMP or PBD and it will be night and day. I’m tuned by VMP and couldn’t be happier on my 17 Roush Phase 2.
My phase 2 is tuned by VMP and it still feels laggy and has the throttle delay, I've sent data logs and they say it's normal and that the throttle looks normal
Sponsored