Roush Phase 2

lodans

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Comp Orange
So looking to S/C my s550 base model - leaning towards the Roush Phase 2 with 727 hp. Anyone heard any info on this or does anyone have one installed. Looking for someone in the Austin area to do the install or may do it myself (just depends on time) - any suggestions?
Sponsored

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
The roush kit requires hacking the front timing cover and cross member and totally destroying the EVAP lines, if you ever decide to return to stock your spend a lot off unnecessary money. Get the whipple kit if your looking for a PD blower or Kenny Bell

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
The roush kit requires hacking the front timing cover and cross member and totally destroying the EVAP lines, if you ever decide to return to stock your spend a lot off unnecessary money. Get the whipple kit if your looking for a PD blower or Kenny Bell
I agree! The Whipple tune far exceeds all other tunes. Look at the Flight Control topic. Their tune will make the most power too but you can dial the power down per gear.

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
I'd suggest giving Brenspeed in Cedar Hill a call they could take care of you.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
we can set you up with a kit, or answer any questions you have

beef
513-478-1965

Sponsored

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So looking to S/C my s550 base model - leaning towards the Roush Phase 2 with 727 hp. Anyone heard any info on this or does anyone have one installed. Looking for someone in the Austin area to do the install or may do it myself (just depends on time) - any suggestions?
I am Roush Phase 1 awesome blower. Every blower has advantages and disadvantages. I could run ANY blower that is made for our car and be happy. Don't read to much into the Fanboys of one blower. I am going Phase 2 after I put some more miles on this car just passed 700 miles on the odometer. :thumbsup:

1crazymach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red GT 500
I have the Roush and love it. Whipple seems very popular and puts down a ton of power. For me warranty was important that's why I have a phase 1. Had a Procharger on my Mach 1 that's was awesome also. Comes down to goals and budget all from what I can tell are great

OP
OP
lodans

lodans

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Comp Orange
Thanks for the responses - love the leaf blower one. My budget is not a concern but power is, I don't really want to push more than 630 to the wheels. I want to keep it as simple as possible. I am doing wheels and tires this month doing Mickey 305's on the back then next month do the blower. I like the software for the Whipple so that may sway me a little. I am a tech juncky so being able to move the power delivery would be very cool.

1crazymach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red GT 500
From what I read you will make waaaaaaay more power then 630 on the Whipple. Should be fun

Sponsored

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thanks for the responses - love the leaf blower one. My budget is not a concern but power is, I don't really want to push more than 630 to the wheels. I want to keep it as simple as possible. I am doing wheels and tires this month doing Mickey 305's on the back then next month do the blower. I like the software for the Whipple so that may sway me a little. I am a tech juncky so being able to move the power delivery would be very cool.
For me this is a very good goal. You can make 900HP but if ya can't get it to stick you have just wasted a butt load of money and less HP cars will be blowing by you while you are spinning tires. :lol:

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Whipple's software is really amazing. Get the 132mm TB and 72lb injectors so that you have more flexibility. You can lower the power in all gears if you want. Say you are taking your car to the shop and nervous that they are going to take it for a joy ride. Just lower the power by 25% "I believe that is the most". I think that most people just lower the power for each individual gear. Example, 1st lowered to 25%, 2nd to 15% and the rest pf the gears are normal. Or if you want more power, just swap the pulley and go; no need for a new tune. If seen logs and a whipple's tune is dialed in perfectly. Their tune looks better than my Lund tune. I regret not going with Whipple's tune.

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
From what I read you will make waaaaaaay more power then 630 on the Whipple. Should be fun
Nahhhh... with the off the shelf Whipple tune and the standard 3.75 pulley that comes with the kit.. you will be right in the neighborhood of that 630rwhp. Give or take 10-20HP. I have the Whipple kit with bigger TB and injectors with the Whipple tune. No headers, just a cat back. I expect to be right around 600-625 to the wheels.

1crazymach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red GT 500
Yeah but with the bigger throttle body dual fan small up early that everybody recommends to be close to 700 No?

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
Yeah but with the bigger throttle body dual fan small up early that everybody recommends to be close to 700 No?
Would need to pulley down a size and add headers. But if you specifically want the 600-630HP range, the kit comes right out of the box right in that range. I'm not saying you can't get more out of it with upgrades if wanted, just saying if OP wants that 600-630HP range.. that kit comes out the box right in that neighborhood. But the phase 2 Roush is pretty dam nice as well. There are several kits that will give you an out of the box starting point right in the range OP is speaking of.
Sponsored