Sponsored

'16 Camaro Reviews are starting to hit the sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasty99z28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 z28 with full bolt-ons and a mwc fab9
Looks as if thepill is gone yet again. Seems to happen everytime he's provin wrong. It's sad really that he can't just man up and say he was wrong. Instead he'd rather run and hide. Poor fella....:lol:

mako22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 1SS
Thanks for not including a picture of the rear end as well.
You better get used to the rear end, you'll be seeing it exclusively on the road :cool:

In all seriousness - I didn't come on here to bash Mustangs. I like the new Mustang, both are great cars. I did get suckered in to the weight debate though...hence my post!

3,668!

Sponsored

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure he's pointing fun of the guys carrying the 390 WHP "stock" Mustang GTs, which would be ~11% drivetrain loss versus that Camaro of ~10%. They have happy dynos or are in cold air, that's it.

Dynos should only be treated as tuning tools anyways.
You are right. Not everything is created equal.

Ford states the stock 5.0 has 435 HP. But that can deviate right ? I mean with the standard deviation and all, its a small lottery.

So cars could be at a higher HP stock include happy dyno + cold air and you can get great dyno runs but actually have the same or worse drive train loss compared to other cars. Equally drive train loss also follows the standard deviation.

It would be normal to see some variations in drive train loss and stock HP resulting in different dyno runs. But that doesn't mean that one dyno run talks for all the other cars.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
You better get used to the rear end, you'll be seeing it exclusively on the road :cool:
Exclusively? Like in some bizarre future, the Camaro is the only car on the road?

Weird.

Well, I for one welcome the mysterious car overlords who only allow us to drive Camaros!

:hail:

aspensilver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2006 MBenz SLK55 AMG - '97 BMW 540I - 2010 Audi S4

In all seriousness - I didn't come on here to bash Mustangs. I like the new Mustang, both are great cars. I did get suckered in to the weight debate though...hence my post!

3,668!
OUCH!

But all the "Magazine Racers" are gonna be proven wrong, right?

mako22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 1SS
Exclusively? Like in some bizarre future, the Camaro is the only car on the road?

Weird.

Well, I for one welcome the mysterious car overlords who only allow us to drive Camaros!

:hail:

Exclusively seeing the rear end of it. Because it will be in front of you. See what I did there?
:doh:

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
That's OK, let the Camaro have its day in the sun.

Because once the Coyote dual-stage intake hits production, it's all over but the crying. ;)

tuckermaclain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ATS-V
The advantage goes back and forth between Camaro and Mustang. At least the Stang has lost the solid axle. I problem I see for Mustang owners is now that the Camaro is clearly on top in the performance catagory, you're gonna need to pin your hopes on the GT350 and GT500. Good luck finding one. The Chevy guys, on the other hand, can go into any dealer and get a Z28 or ZL1 below MSRP. Chevy has clearly won this round. The Caddie ATS-V will smoge the current Stang AND give you a beautiful ride.

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
The advantage goes back and forth between Camaro and Mustang. At least the Stang has lost the solid axle. I problem I see for Mustang owners is now that the Camaro is clearly on top in the performance catagory, you're gonna need to pin your hopes on the GT350 and GT500. Good luck finding one. The Chevy guys, on the other hand, can go into any dealer and get a Z28 or ZL1 below MSRP. Chevy has clearly won this round. The Caddie ATS-V will smoge the current Stang AND give you a beautiful ride.
Agreed. It will be interesting to see what they have in store for the new Z. It was caught testing in Florida a few days ago. A lot of people are saying it will be announced in January.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Spec wise probably. I don't drive a spec sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.