Sponsored

15-17 owners, what will make you trade for an '18?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Just wondering what everyone thinks might be their breaking point, i.e., the change that puts you in "for sure" commitment mode to trade to a MY18.

Of course, there's the consideration of trade value vs. the new car, if a super optioned GT with MRC, dual mode exhaust, 10-speed, PP2 is $8K more than the 15-17 near equivalent car, factoring in depreciation, the deals might be really bad.

Also, since I included all previous years of the S550, there's some differences between 15 vs. 16/17 that might motivate a 2015 owner even moreso, things like Sync3 + AA/CP (us '16 folks are still in the dark with AA/CP ...), and color options that have come and gone across model years.

The Perf Package available in an auto?

Some HP bump? 25? 35?

The 10-speed auto?

Some mix of new features?

As someone who [usually] likes to mod their car, I'm thinking the price difference would put a whole heck of alot of aftermarket on my ride, making it unique and quicker than a stock MY18 car. So I'm guess there are plenty of folks on the opposite end of the spectrum who want nothing but stock, and want a stock bump in power.

I kind of started going through this exercise in my head as I've been reading through the little info that's leaked, and speculation about MY18 changes.
Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Dual mode exhaust, 10 speed auto, mag ride and most important gotta have it green. A power boost would be nice but not a deal breaker as that's easy to add.

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Yea, 10 speed auto, dual mode exhaust, magnetic shocks, Bang and Olufson sound system are very welcome upgrades, but those alone aren't enough to make me want to trade in my base GT. I'd only trade it in for a GT350.

B4RK3R

CRWDCTRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT Premium
Direct injection, HP bump, no price bump, a better trans (Manual), and it has to look better. I know the last one comes down to personal preference.

May look at a 10 speed Auto for my wife when she looks for a new car.

Sponsored

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP
Mag ride and a power bump under 40k are the only real musts for me....dual mode exhaust, rear brembos, and Recaros standard on the track pkg would be sweet. I'm sure the recaros will continue to be an add on but I can dream lol. Other goodies I'd want would be weight loss (yea right probably will have to wait) shift light, digital speedo, and some decent wheel selections for the PP cars. I am basically hoping they make the track package cars a big middle finger to the new 1LE. If they do, sign me up.

Dudie7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
That 10 speed and MRC is mighty tempting...but it would have to be a sweet, sweet deal!

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
450-460hp and a Tremec 6 speed and Id be in, I hate the blah day to day driving of an auto, and I miss having a manual Mustang bad! but I would not suffer through another Getrag MT82 trans

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
I can see why someone would trade up. A lot of new revolutionary stuff coming to the mustang. I'm not trading up personally though

Sponsored

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package
Yeah it would have to be a pretty significant upgrade for me to consider a trade. 460hp+, better 6-speed, lighter, quad tip exhaust, DI and not much of a price change. Otherwise I'd rather drop some $$$ into my car.

I've only had my car for 11 months at this point so kinda hard for me to say I would trade it in already :)

S550ilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I can see why someone would trade up. A lot of new revolutionary stuff coming to the mustang. I'm not trading up personally though
No trading up for me as well. Perfectly happy with my 16, plus if I want a bump in HP or suspension, it'll be cheaper just to keep what I have and upgrade aftermarket.

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
HUD, rev matching, mag ride, better stereo, better body panel alignments,better trans for manual,10 speed auto maybe,

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
I don't feel that there is enough on the 2018 to make a change, no matter what is actually different. My 2015 is rolling along quite nicely, thank you.