z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Gents,

I need two sources for switched 12V. One in the passenger kick panel and the other in the engine compartment fuse block. I have a voltage draw on the battery.

I have so much wiring between the boost stuff, air ride, and stereo that I have a wire draining my stuff.

I already measured between ground and cannot get an amp reading with the car off so I just unplugged everything from the system because it was not allowing the car to start.

The fuse taps I have in read 0V after the car is off and closed but for some reason I am still getting a draw.

TIA,

Andrew
Sponsored

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
In the passenger side fuse panel, I tapped into the circuit described as “BCM memory” (fuse #36 IIRC) to power my ambient lighting retrofit. It only powers on when the ignition is in Accessory or Run mode. Can’t help with an underhood source that I know of.

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
So I rewired a lot of stuff these last two days.

The compressors go straight to the battery now and so do the fuel pumps.

I also ran a new wire from the battery to the footwell area that feeds a relay. That relay is controlled by the window/mirror (so the key delay still happens for all systems) add a tap fuse for the trigger. The other side of the relay goes to the fuse panel I referenced above. The boost controller, Air ride trigger, DSP turn on all route to the extra glass fuse panel in passenger side footwell. Everything works and no more issues.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Are you sure you are measuring it right? I mean you want to disconnect one of the battery terminals and put the meter in series in amp mode to measure current.
Maybe you just have a bad battery?
Best way for high current switched power would be use a relay and have a low current switched 12v to switch the relay.

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
That's what I did. I used a relay.

The problem really existed because I found out that my multimeter went bad so I was getting false voltage readings. Because of all that I just rewired everything and like it much better.

DavidEcobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue 2.3T/AT Mustang
Just wanted to confirm that a mirco 2 fuse tap works in #23. I got the tap from my local Napa parts store. They even had micro 2 fuses. The tap fits nice and tight and did not require any modifications

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
Old thread I know...but is there a switched 12v in the trunk? (2016)

jbeez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Perf Pkg1, 2014 Taurus SHO w/ PP
I have a 2020, in my passenger footwell on the fuse panel, below the fuses are two female spots, an uninsulated male spade connector fits perfectly in those. I didn't test the one to the rear, but the position closest to the firewall is on with accessory power. I come out of that to an inline fuse and it works great. Presently using it to turn on my radar detector when i turn the car on, but it could easily goto a relay and branch out to as many things as you need.

Sponsored

sheoran05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arvind
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang ecoboost
I have a 2020, in my passenger footwell on the fuse panel, below the fuses are two female spots, an uninsulated male spade connector fits perfectly in those. I didn't test the one to the rear, but the position closest to the firewall is on with accessory power. I come out of that to an inline fuse and it works great. Presently using it to turn on my radar detector when i turn the car on, but it could easily goto a relay and branch out to as many things as you need.

Can you share a picture if you don't mind? I couldn't find any spots.

jbeez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Perf Pkg1, 2014 Taurus SHO w/ PP
17E0A9EB-99FD-47D1-857D-2B347BFC878A.jpeg
Sponsored