11k budget

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
I am still going back and forth on the best power adder for me is. Not looking for more than 700hp. I dont track the car and its not a daily driver. I have looked into whipple stage 2 and procharger quite a bit and have plenty of pros and cons for both. What is the best buy for my budget? Have an offer for a stage 2 whipple in red, opg, cs, 2k axles for about 9800. Is that my best path forward? Any other options i am not considering? With a power goal of just 700hp is a hellion kit over kill? Help me out
Sponsored

AZ_whippleS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
I am still going back and forth on the best power adder for me is. Not looking for more than 700hp. I dont track the car and its not a daily driver. I have looked into whipple stage 2 and procharger quite a bit and have plenty of pros and cons for both. What is the best buy for my budget? Have an offer for a stage 2 whipple in red, opg, cs, 2k axles for about 9800. Is that my best path forward? Any other options i am not considering? With a power goal of just 700hp is a hellion kit over kill? Help me out
For your budget all the forced induction options will get you there but Whipple or hellion would get my vote. Whipple more so for ease of install.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
If you only want 700 hp skip the axles skip the oil pump gears skip the crank sprocket at 700 hp you don’t need none of that and any power at her and get to 700 hp

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
The easiest to install Is definitely the pro charger. The supercharger is probably more what you’re looking for. the Whipple gives you the power of right off the line And can shred a pair of tires in seconds. pro charger drives more like stock until you Put your foot in it the more RPMs you build the more power you make so it’s really linear. The turbos drive like normal till about 3500 and then holy shit goddamn everything comes at once. If you’re in an emission state then you might want to consider that with your build

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I've had the procharger kit and now installing a hellion sleeper kit. But, if you want a nice clean factory looking install with a super nice air intake, it's hard to beat the whipple setup.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DmanDmythDlegend

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
If you only want 700 hp skip the axles skip the oil pump gears skip the crank sprocket at 700 hp you don’t need none of that and any power at her and get to 700 hp
Really? That would free up a significant amount of the budget if those items were not essential to safe operation at that power level

OP
OP
DmanDmythDlegend

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
i have had turbo set ups i the past but only on 4 cylinders. This mustang is my first foray into the domestic experience. I LOVE the sleeper kit, i thoroughly enjoy the low key astetic. What I could never piece together though is exactly what is needed to "finish" the base the kit. I know that the stock turbos provide ample power but i know you also have to plum water lines to them complicating the installation a bit. What fuel does it need for my goals, do i have to buy their headers or the shorty header or will factory work? Every time i play with their site it always seems to get crazy expensive quickly so i have always ruled it out as being only for more ambitious builds.

AZ_whippleS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
Really? That would free up a significant amount of the budget if those items were not essential to safe operation at that power level
Depends you gonna take it to a drag strip? 700hp on a prepped surface is plenty enough to break an axle with good tires. Also I am of the camp that believes opg and cs are a good idea they might survive but they also might not.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Depends you gonna take it to a drag strip? 700hp on a prepped surface is plenty enough to break an axle with good tires. Also I am of the camp that believes opg and cs are a good idea they might survive but they also might not.
And I quote (I do not track the car). He does not need oil pump gears does not need a crank sprocket does not need axles

AZ_whippleS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
And I quote (I do not track the car). He does not need oil pump gears does not need a crank sprocket does not need axles
stock opg have failed on cars on the street Its still smart to do and way cheaper than an engine.

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
For your horse power goals pump gas is not a problem.
If you’re interested in turbos Cxracing makes a kit that has all the hot and cold side parts. just add oil less Turbo’s. Turbo’s are the most work to install and maintenance.
For your hp goal A base procharger or vortech kit can get you there. If you have had turbocharged cars then the centrifugal should be something you are comfortable with. It’s just a belt driven turbo. Like I said before you definitely don’t need to waste your money on opg’s and crank sprocket unless you plan to bounce it off the rpm limiter. Stock axle are fine on the street at 700 if you want go with gt350 axle for a little insurance cheap

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
stock opg have failed on cars on the street Its still smart to do and way cheaper than an engine.
Unless you bounce off the limiter your fine with stock opg’s/ CS. Is it insurance of course. I have never seen them fail on a 700hp Street car. If they fail it is from a 2step transbrake or holding it on the limiter not a stoplight to stoplight lick.

AZ_whippleS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads