Sponsored

10r80 replacement problems

noshine4mine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1 Hellion TT
I recently replaced the Transmission in my 19 GT. I installed a new Circle D converter at the same time. We followed the fill procedure and confirmed Reverse and drive while on jack stands. Checked the fluid level and put it on the ground. The car would go into reverse but would not engage drive. put it back on the jack stands and put it in drive and reverse, the dash displayed a wrench. Forscan saw a clutch C problem. I reset the codes and tried again. now I get no engagement in forward or reverse and forscan is not showing any codes. This is the second transmission we have installed and this thing is kicking my ass.

Looking for any input. My next step it to take it to a performance shop and have them try to fix it. But I am so deep into this I would prefer not to spend any more money than absolutely needed.
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Did you fill/check level while fluid was over 160°F?

LS1Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I know you have to program the new trans into the pcm, however I wouldn't think it would make it not move.

Did you have any issues getting the converter into the trans? You can break the front pump if there isn't enough clearance between the converter and flexplate when you tighten up the bellhousing bolts.
Sponsored