10HP Loss, Not compression! Real reason exposed with Dyno Proof

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
While I think the guy doing the video is trying to be straight up, I’m not buying the 18 WHP difference. First of all, he hasn’t controlled all the variables between the two different dyno runs. Im not gonna go through them all but it wasn’t really a scientific test. Secondly, there’s no way an 18 hp difference exists between the cars, at least attributable to the filter. If Ford had minimized the 18 hp difference (more like 20 net crank hp) down to 10 hp and people bought cars based on that, the lawsuits would be flying. You might not feel 10 but you could sure feel 20. Ford is obligated to get it right.
Curious as the dyno pulls for his before and after were done one hr apart. Ford advertised hp at 450 460 470 480 or whatever the number is an average across the board that the particular engine over however many they mad will average. Also a 5% margin of error is a tolerable standard. 5% of 480 is 24. 5% of 470 is 23.5.

Now in comparison between different cars on different days but same shop same dyno can be debatable.
Sponsored

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
While I think the guy doing the video is trying to be straight up, I’m not buying the 18 WHP difference. First of all, he hasn’t controlled all the variables between the two different dyno runs. Im not gonna go through them all but it wasn’t really a scientific test. Secondly, there’s no way an 18 hp difference exists between the cars, at least attributable to the filter. If Ford had minimized the 18 hp difference (more like 20 net crank hp) down to 10 hp and people bought cars based on that, the lawsuits would be flying. You might not feel 10 but you could sure feel 20. Ford is obligated to get it right.
are you seriously suggesting that a car tuned for an intake which is then obstructed will not make less power than what it made originally?

let me explain my theory:

EPA says some thing to ford

ford says okay, how do we solve this as cheaply as possible

engineer goes "hey, if we obstruct the airflow a bit it'll get less hydrocarbons from the intake and make less power which means it'll burn less gas cause this sucker has wideband o2's in it, buddy!"

OR ford built a NEW COYOTE, TUNED IT, AND DID THE INTAKE THING TOO.

if its me, i think the little intake insert makes the most sense.
its cheap and does what they govt is ordering them to do.

so what you seem to be saying is something like "you can't be saying obstructing the intake a bit can cost you 10hp"... and that is wrong.

Last edited:

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
are you seriously suggesting that a car tuned for an intake which is then obstructed will not make less power than what it made originally?

let me explain my theory:

EPA says some thing to ford

ford says okay, how do we solve this as cheaply as possible

engineer goes "hey, if we obstruct the airflow a bit it'll get less hydrocarbons from the intake and make less power which means it'll burn less gas cause this sucker has wideband o2's in it, buddy!"

OR ford built a NEW COYOTE, TUNED IT, AND DID THE INTAKE THING TOO.

if its me, i think the little intake insert makes the most sense.
its cheap and does what they govt is ordering them to do.

so what you seem to be saying is something like "you can't be saying obstructing the intake a bit can cost you 10hp"... and that is wrong.
Im not saying any of that at all, and I’m not sure how you extrapolated that from what I said. Of course restricting air will yield less hp. I’m simply saying it’s more in line with the 10 hp Ford has admitted to than the 18-20 from the video.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Im not saying any of that at all, and I’m not sure how you extrapolated that from what I said. Of course restricting air will yield less hp. I’m simply saying it’s more in line with the 10 hp Ford has admitted to than the 18-20 from the video.
dude did 1 thing to his car and gained 18-20hp within an hour same dyno
before this he was making less than a 2021
after this he was making same as a 2021

i struggle to fathom how you could get more objective than this.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Yeah, for right now but according to the tech guy I personally spoke with at FP the ‘22 kit is about to be released. He didn’t say how they managed to not unwind Ford’s emissions tightening and I didn’t ask, but as long as the gain is similar to previous years I’ll be more than happy.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...gt-owners-missing-ponies-heading-home.179455/

I talked to Ford performance literally 60 days ago and they told me there would be no 22 performance kit...that's good news.

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dude did 1 thing to his car and gained 18-20hp within an hour same dyno
before this he was making less than a 2021
after this he was making same as a 2021

i struggle to fathom how you could get more objective than this.
Just as one thought, by doing a baseline pull with the stock 2022 then doing a second pull with the same 2022 after swapping on the pertinent air box parts from the 2021. Assuming all the parts would fit the 2022 something along these lines would be a lot more subjective.

If you want to be accurate and subjective you cannot use two different cars. To do so fails to recognize that one of your cars may fall at the upper end of the acceptable margin of variability and the other at the low end. Remember, you’re testing the effect of air intakes, not testing individual cars.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Just as one thought, by doing a baseline pull with the stock 2022 then doing a second pull with the same 2022 after swapping on the pertinent air box parts from the 2021. Assuming all the parts would fit the 2022 something along these lines would be a lot more subjective.

If you want to be accurate and subjective you cannot use two different cars. To do so fails to recognize that one of your cars may fall at the upper end of the acceptable margin of variability and the other at the low end. Remember, you’re testing the effect of air intakes, not testing individual cars.
dude, are you high?

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I talked to Ford performance literally 60 days ago and they told me there would be no 22 performance kit...that's good news.
Yeah I just talked to their tech guy about 2 weeks ago. But I’ll feel better when the kit is for sale.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dude, are you high?
Hardly.

Again, I’m not sure why that doesn’t make sense to you. You’re either testing two different intake systems or two different cars. Pick one.

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car does have much better throttle response after removing this crap

0610C7D0-3F93-4463-87BD-03C7318D3D3D.jpeg
jd, what car did all that stuff come off of? Obviously not the 2019 GT in your signature.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
Hardly.

Again, I’m not sure why that doesn’t make sense to you. You’re either testing two different intake systems or two different cars. Pick one.
The objective of his test was to see if Removing the HC would result in a HP gain. So same car, onewith the trap, one hr later same car same filter same intake just HC trap removed.

We can't get wrapped up in how it compares with the 21. We must focus on the fact the before removal and after netted a gain in hp. Ford stated that this HC trap was the reason for the reduction in HP.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dude, are you high?
OK, I went back and watched the video for about the 4th time. No I’m not high but I am guilty of seeing what I wanted to see in the video. The guy did it the right way and my attention span was inadequate. So my bad and an apology for belaboring an incorrect point.

I do have to wonder a bit though where this might head if there’s really a 20+ hp difference but Ford is saying it’s only 10.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
OK, I went back and watched the video for about the 4th time. No I’m not high but I am guilty of seeing what I wanted to see in the video. The guy did it the right way and my attention span was inadequate. So my bad and an apology for belaboring an incorrect point.

I do have to wonder a bit though where this might head if there’s really a 20+ hp difference but Ford is saying it’s only 10.
i appreciate that. simplest explanation is the up till 2021 they were slightly underrated.
there's all kinds of marketing reasons why they say exactly what they say.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I am not buying the 18 HP either. We had one guy do one test and gain power. We can`t just go off one guys results, but its still interesting.

definitely possible to gain back 10HP @ crank.
Sponsored