10-speed auto swap

Rprez909

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricardo
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang
Anyone have an idea as to the difficulty of swapping in a 10-speed into a 16 mustang ecoboost? Or does anyone know anyone trying to attempt it?
Sponsored

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Anyone have an idea as to the difficulty of swapping in a 10-speed into a 16 mustang ecoboost? Or does anyone know anyone trying to attempt it?
I believe US Shift is the only company working toward the standalone system needed to be able to control it. Someone hypothesized it may be slightly easier in the EB cars but the biggest hurdles will still be controlling it and availability. I’ve only found one on eBay from a Mustang and it’s 3700 dollars.

SesiomSummers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Build
Vehicle Showcase
any news on this? with a 10r80 and digital gauge I have no reason at all to upgrade my car and after riding a 19´GT, I fell in love with the transmission, but the Zl1´s felt so much smother and better all around... its not supposed to be the same transmission? how can the 10R80 be so superior in manual mode and cruising on the Zl1 compared to the same on the 19 GT? specially on the Downshift!

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
any news on this? with a 10r80 and digital gauge I have no reason at all to upgrade my car and after riding a 19´GT, I fell in love with the transmission, but the Zl1´s felt so much smother and better all around... its not supposed to be the same transmission? how can the 10R80 be so superior in manual mode and cruising on the Zl1 compared to the same on the 19 GT? specially on the Downshift!
Its all in how the transmission strategy is tuned. Ford has already updated their strategy couple of times because folks were having issues. You don't have to get a zl1 to get a 10speed. The 19 ss now has the 10speed auto.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
US shift is still working on their controller for the swap. It’s too bad Ford wouldn’t make a swap kit available, they probably want people to buy the new cars instead of swap.

Sponsored

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
Anyone hear of any recent updates? Looks like US Shift has been stuck in the mud / no updates. They were originally planning for a mid year release.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn’t look like its going to happen. Heard a few things about a stand alone ecu to tune it but nothing ever came forward. By the time they have one the cost will be more then it costs to swap a tremec magnum xl into your car..if you want 10speed auto then buy the car that it comes with..

sculptor310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
Wondering if anyone has any data regarding how much faster the 10r80 is than the 6r80 with aftermarket tuning.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The 10r80 upshifts & downshifts quicker than the 6r80, but I havent seen and data on whether it is faster than the 6r80. if itis faster then the difference wouldn't be anything to write home about...

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
No real update but I’ve sent a few messages to US Shift to see if there were any updates on the 10R80 controller. Will post once they get back to me. Their website is showing the progress they made so far, but I think a lot of things went on hold for their SEMA booth.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’d love to have a Dct swap from the new gt500. Speed pheenom on YouTube got his 2020 gt-500 that thing shifts so quick it’s awesome..

Tomlouns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
I read through the entire thread and was disappointed that no one has done this... if you are going through all this trouble would you be better off with this? (TREMEC 7-speed dual-clutch) transmission that is in the GT500...

Deleted member 35644

I read through the entire thread and was disappointed that no one has done this... if you are going through all this trouble would you be better off with this? (TREMEC 7-speed dual-clutch) transmission that is in the GT500...
I think that's yet to be seen. Both transmissions bolted to identical GTs, which one will get down the 1/4 quickest? My money goes to the A10, despite the Tremec's shift speed. The A10 is a proven transmission. Not sure the Tremec' been in service long enough to say it's bulletproof.
Sponsored