I am dili

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
My19 GT
Hi
I have a my19 and find the transmission is not smooth. It holds the gears to long and the car is unsure what gear its supposed to be in. It also gears down erratically. It will hold a gear untill it falls bellow 1000rpm and accelerator response is affected by the indecisive transmission. Any answers?
Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Are you driving in sport or do you have a drive mode selected?

Little Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I find it rough in Sport mode; however, after driving awhile, it got a little smoother. I Drive in normal mode because of the roughness, unless I am on the highway. I love how the car sounds downshifting in S mode

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
Probably need to do a drive cycle reset, Pull the battery cable off for a couple minutes, then do an Adaptive Learning Drive Cycle #3 - 7 and see if that helps..

Activation

NOTE:
Always drive the vehicle in a safe manner according to driving conditions and obey all traffic laws.

NOTE:
The Transmission Drive Cycle Test must be followed exactly.
Malfunctions must occur 4 times consecutively for shift error DTC to set, and 5 times consecutively for continuous TCC DTC to set.

NOTE:
Use the Transmission Drive Cycle Test for checking codes after performing a self-test.

1.Record then clear the DTCs (Diagnostic Trouble Codes).

2.Warm the engine to normal operating temperature.

3.Make sure the transmission fluid level is correct.

4.With the selector lever in (D), moderately accelerate from stop to 80 km/h (50 mph) allowing the transmission to shift into 10th gear.

Keep vehicle speed and throttle steady for a minimum of 15 seconds.

5.With the transmission in 10th gear and maintaining steady speed and throttle, lightly apply and release the brake to operate stop lamps. Maintain the speed and throttle for a minimum of 5 seconds.

6.Brake to a stop and remain stopped for a minimum of 20 seconds.

7.Repeat Steps 4 through 6 five times.

8. Perform a self-test and record DTCs.
l
If DTCs are present, repair all non-transmission DTCs first as they can directly affect the transmission operation. Repeat the self-test and road test the vehicle to verify the repair.

Clear the DTCs.

Perform the drive cycle test and repeat the self-test after completing the repair.Refer to:Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Charts and Pinpoint Tests -3.5L EcoBoost (272kW/370PS) (307-01B Automatic Transmission -10-Speed Automatic Transmission -10R80, Diagnosis and Testing).
l
If the tests pass and a concern is still present, refer to Diagnosis By Symptom, OASIS messages and TSB regarding concern.Refer to:Diagnosis By Symptom (307-01B Automatic Transmission -10-Speed Automatic Transmission -10R80, Diagnosis and Testing).9.
NOTE:
The vehicle wiring harness, TCM and non-transmission sensors may affect transmission operations. Repair these concerns first.
Repair all DTCs after the OBD test procedures are completed. Begin with non-transmission related DTCs, then repair any transmission related DTCs. Use the DTC Chart forinformation on condition and symptoms. The pinpoint tests are used in diagnosing transmission electrical concerns. Make sure the vehicle wiring harness and the TCM arediagnosed as well. The PC/ED manual aids in diagnosing non-transmission electronic components.Refer to:Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Charts and Pinpoint Tests -3.5L EcoBoost (272kW/370PS) (307-01B Automatic Transmission -10-Speed Automatic Transmission -10R80, Diagnosis and Testing).
Copyright © 2016 Ford Motor Company
307-01B Automatic Transmission - 10-Speed Automatic Transmission - 10R802017 F-150 General Procedures
Procedure revision date: 08/19/2016

Page 1 of 112/24/2016http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/workshop/ody/~WSH2/US/E...

Sponsored

redtrack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 10AT
Item 3 =check the oil level ! a lot of people found it low !

OP
OP

I am dili

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
My19 GT
Probably need to do a drive cycle reset, Pull the battery cable off for a couple minutes, then do an Adaptive Learning Drive Cycle #3 - 7 and see if that helps..

Activation

NOTE:
Always drive the vehicle in a safe manner according to driving conditions and obey all traffic laws.

NOTE:
The Transmission Drive Cycle Test must be followed exactly.
Malfunctions must occur 4 times consecutively for shift error DTC to set, and 5 times consecutively for continuous TCC DTC to set.

NOTE:
Use the Transmission Drive Cycle Test for checking codes after performing a self-test.

1.Record then clear the DTCs (Diagnostic Trouble Codes).

2.Warm the engine to normal operating temperature.

3.Make sure the transmission fluid level is correct.

4.With the selector lever in (D), moderately accelerate from stop to 80 km/h (50 mph) allowing the transmission to shift into 10th gear.

Keep vehicle speed and throttle steady for a minimum of 15 seconds.

5.With the transmission in 10th gear and maintaining steady speed and throttle, lightly apply and release the brake to operate stop lamps. Maintain the speed and throttle for a minimum of 5 seconds.

6.Brake to a stop and remain stopped for a minimum of 20 seconds.

7.Repeat Steps 4 through 6 five times.

8. Perform a self-test and record DTCs.
l
If DTCs are present, repair all non-transmission DTCs first as they can directly affect the transmission operation. Repeat the self-test and road test the vehicle to verify the repair.

Clear the DTCs.

Perform the drive cycle test and repeat the self-test after completing the repair.Refer to:Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Charts and Pinpoint Tests -3.5L EcoBoost (272kW/370PS) (307-01B Automatic Transmission -10-Speed Automatic Transmission -10R80, Diagnosis and Testing).
l
If the tests pass and a concern is still present, refer to Diagnosis By Symptom, OASIS messages and TSB regarding concern.Refer to:Diagnosis By Symptom (307-01B Automatic Transmission -10-Speed Automatic Transmission -10R80, Diagnosis and Testing).9.
NOTE:
The vehicle wiring harness, TCM and non-transmission sensors may affect transmission operations. Repair these concerns first.
Repair all DTCs after the OBD test procedures are completed. Begin with non-transmission related DTCs, then repair any transmission related DTCs. Use the DTC Chart forinformation on condition and symptoms. The pinpoint tests are used in diagnosing transmission electrical concerns. Make sure the vehicle wiring harness and the TCM arediagnosed as well. The PC/ED manual aids in diagnosing non-transmission electronic components.Refer to:Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Charts and Pinpoint Tests -3.5L EcoBoost (272kW/370PS) (307-01B Automatic Transmission -10-Speed Automatic Transmission -10R80, Diagnosis and Testing).
Copyright © 2016 Ford Motor Company
307-01B Automatic Transmission - 10-Speed Automatic Transmission - 10R802017 F-150 General Procedures
Procedure revision date: 08/19/2016

Page 1 of 112/24/2016http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/workshop/ody/~WSH2/US/E...
The dealership has performed a driving reset but still the same. Car is driven more moderate then hard.

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
The thing has 10 gears. It's going to be jumping around trying to find the "best" a lot.

Check the fluids and ride on. If interested you'll probably need a tune to get the desired feel from it.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
IMO 10 speed needs to be driven like its stolen. Or put it in S and control the shifts yourself.

10 speed is a totally different animal most people love it however some dont.

Also each mode is quite different.

OP
OP

I am dili

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
My19 GT
The thing has 10 gears. It's going to be jumping around trying to find the "best" a lot.

Check the fluids and ride on. If interested you'll probably need a tune to get the desired feel from it.
IMO 10 speed needs to be driven like its stolen. Or put it in S and control the shifts yourself.

10 speed is a totally different animal most people love it however some dont.

Also each mode is quite different.
Firstly thanks for all ur replies.
The issue is im not a led foot. My old my18 with the 10 speed was smooth asss. Ive been told its a common issue in the my19. How is it that its changed within 6 month's. Im guessing its a software thing but f...n annoyed. Or maybe to picky.

Sponsored

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Firstly thanks for all ur replies.
The issue is im not a led foot. My old my18 with the 10 speed was smooth asss. Ive been told its a common issue in the my19. How is it that its changed within 6 month's. Im guessing its a software thing but f...n annoyed. Or maybe to picky.
Part out? lol

What happened tot he 18?

Sam74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT premium
Was replaced by dealership due multiple panal defects. But now im beginning to think should have kept it
HI , I am having the same issue exactly in my 2019 , any advice ? i am actually thought it is normal but it is so tiring to drive it specially in traffic and when reduce the speed

Shawn51fla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 ecoboost premium mustang
Hi
I have a my19 and find the transmission is not smooth. It holds the gears to long and the car is unsure what gear its supposed to be in. It also gears down erratically. It will hold a gear untill it falls bellow 1000rpm and accelerator response is affected by the indecisive transmission. Any answers?
This is a good description of what my tranny was doing before i had a puddle of fluid under car.
If getting on it a bit it would be in say 4th gear and stay there revving high after letting up on gas rather than switching to higher gear. Mines currently at the Ford hospital awaiting diagnosis.
And it never really felt as fast as others have said these cars are. Did good when moving at higher speeds but from takeoff was sluggish.
Sponsored