Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So this past weekend I went to Darlington Dragway, very nice track and so were the people.
It was the best air I've ran in since November 2015, in Indiana.
Unfortunately I didn't have my sister "Stang Girl" here to video the runs, so all I have are GoPro videos.
DA was -236', at one point it did make into the -340' range but there was an oil down delay, and that opportunity was missed.
I used the 2-Step and transbrake on 2 of the seven runs this day, I'm still getting use to the change, plus I run small tires, and they won't take much of a hit.
The first & fastest 10.66 pass was done foot braking just above idle.
The second 10.66 pass I used the 2-Step and transbrake. The 2-Step was set at 3,700 rpms. As soon as I leave the line you will hear a stumble. With more passes using this combo, I know things will work out and give a bump in performance.

There are always so many people to give credit and thanks, for my performance.....LUND, BMR, Circle D, and everyone else in my signature.
And last but not least, my Dad, he's mentored me in drag racing since I was a kid, and he continues today. Not just what to do, but things like finding tracks that are not only open, but the elevation, "High Pressure" near by and 1/4 mile in length. I'm too busy working up to 90+ hrs a week to know what is going on the Mustang world, so my Dad keeps me updated. My Dad is also the voice of reason, although I don't always listen lol. Thanks BOBS550 (Dad)!

First video is foot brake at about 1,800 rpms.
Second video is 2-Step 3,700 rpms and JMS transbrake
Third is under the car, notice during the run, that the steering shaft isn't moving much at all, during suspension travel through launch and braking, this is a part of reducing rolling resistance for better ET's.

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]
Slide1.JPG
Slide2.JPG
Slide3.JPG
Slide4.JPG
RB & Dad.jpg
RB & Dads 68.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Stang Racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 301A
Nice job with your S550 RB! The sound of that 5.0 at 8K is Great! Your Stang has been road tripped for over 20K miles most of it pulling a trailer to races from Michigan to Fl and many states between with hundreds of 1/4 mile passes over 8K RPMs:eyebulge: Congrats!:thumbsup:

Barney 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang supercharged 5.0
Nice job with your S550 RB! The sound of that 5.0 at 8K is Great! Your Stang has been road tripped for over 20K miles most of it pulling a trailer to races from Michigan to Fl and many states between with hundreds of 1/4 mile passes over 8K RPMs:eyebulge: Congrats!:thumbsup:
Nice runs love the color same as mine

Stang Girl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT and 1987 GT
@ RBS550, Aw! I wish I could have been there to video your passes too!! Especially your latest, fastest pass!! So happy for you!!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
RBS550

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Awesone run, congrats!

What kind of fuel were you running? Regular pump E85 or FTW?
FTW, I believe in my combo it's worth a tenth, maybe a tenth and a half, but that's it. Remember when you're N/A the gains are smaller than what a power adder car would get.

Once the good whether is over I will go back to regular E85, but I have to drive 75 miles to get it!
FTW is pricy but it adds power, and FEDX will ship it to your door! Which is a big help when working so many hours like I am.

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 301A A10, Modded N/A 1993 coupe 5.0L
That's some serious e.t and mph :headbang:
Nice picture of you when you was a kid and your father!

Sponsored

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Im curious what does your car put down as far as power?

OP
OP
RBS550

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Im curious what does your car put down as far as power?
Funny you should ask...IDK, my tuning is based on data logs from my 1/4 mile passes, I send the logs to LUND and they work their magic.

Based on my race weight and mph of my best pass of 10.49 @ 129, I'd say near or over 500 at the wheels, and high 500 at the crank.
Sorry I didn't an absolute answer for you.

BTW Check out my 10.49 post and vids in this section.
Sponsored