Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
  • Banned
Well guys, we should only be a week away from 2021 order banks opening up, and hopefully that means more information on Mach 1 prices, packages, allocations, and so on. What are you guys hoping to learn? Who’s ready to order? What color combo are you looking to get?

For me, I’m hoping to learn more about the allocation process and interior color options. Ready to order now, and looking to get Iconic Silver with black/red stripes or FJG w/ orange stripes, either one equipped with the handling package
Sponsored

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
I'm excited for this. I would love a Mach 1 for all the track-ready goodies but I'm afraid the price will be too much. I can add coolers to my GT for a lot less. Though that Tremec would be nice.
I'm just happy Ford finally made a true competitor to the 1LE. The PP2 isn't really track ready and the 350 was in a different price point.

OP
OP
jake_zx2

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
  • Banned
The Tremec is the main appeal to the car for me. I wouldn’t have sold my GT for it if it didn’t have the Tremec, I would’ve just upgraded instead

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'm still fighting myself on finding a reason to get rid of my '17. If anything, I may wait till the price comes down when the second model year comes.

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
I'm still fighting myself on finding a reason to get rid of my '17. If anything, I may wait till the price comes down when the second model year comes.
I would wait. It's gonna be 50k plus. Then adm I bet.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I would wait. It's gonna be 50k plus. Then adm I bet.
Yeah, 50k+ along with Ford build quality. Getting that close to GT350 pricing is insane. I am also curious to see what happens with the 2022 Mustang as well. Should be in a better position to buy at that point.

OP
OP
jake_zx2

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
  • Banned
2022 Mustang will be the same as 2021

OP
OP
jake_zx2

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
  • Banned
Also, I might be waiting until 2022 as well, but not voluntarily... my dealership just notified me that they have yet to get any information on Mach 1 allocations, but signs point to it being tied into the GT500 program, which this dealership was not high volume enough to participate in. Considering that just about every GT500 on the market has at least a $15k markup, I don’t like my odds of getting a Mach 1 without markup right now if my dealership falls through, and REFUSE to ever pay a markup to these stealerships... so here’s to hoping

Man, I can’t wait for dealerships to become obsolete so we can just buy our cars straight from the manufacturer

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Man, I can’t wait for dealerships to become obsolete so we can just buy our cars straight from the manufacturer
Seriously. They need to get rid of those laws already. Tesla is doing it, others should follow

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Also, I might be waiting until 2022 as well, but not voluntarily... my dealership just notified me that they have yet to get any information on Mach 1 allocations, but signs point to it being tied into the GT500 program, which this dealership was not high volume enough to participate in. Considering that just about every GT500 on the market has at least a $15k markup, I don’t like my odds of getting a Mach 1 without markup right now if my dealership falls through, and REFUSE to ever pay a markup to these stealerships... so here’s to hoping

what signs point to the gt500 program?

Sponsored
OP
OP
jake_zx2

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
what signs point to the gt500 program?
Not sure, that’s just the impression that my dealer told me they’re under. Once I get more information, I’ll share

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Not sure, that’s just the impression that my dealer told me they’re under. Once I get more information, I’ll share
please do. i'm working with 2 dealers and neither one has indicated that. i'm 2nd in line with one and 3rd with the other and they both sound optimistic that it won't be an issue. i've been fighting off the urge to push them for more info but i don't want to be a pain in the ass after they each promised me an allocation at the price i wanted to pay. hopefully more info will be out in the next few days to ease all of the concerns any of us have

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
I'm excited for this. I would love a Mach 1 for all the track-ready goodies but I'm afraid the price will be too much. I can add coolers to my GT for a lot less. Though that Tremec would be nice. I'm just happy Ford finally made a true competitor to the 1LE. The PP2 isn't really track ready and the 350 was in a different price point.
The Tremec is the main appeal to the car for me. I wouldn’t have sold my GT for it if it didn’t have the Tremec, I would’ve just upgraded instead
You can upgrade your engine oil cooler and add a rear differential cooler, but you can't add a transmission cooler to a MT82. I've already got a TR3160/flywheel/clutch/shift/driveshaft out of a 2016 Base/Tech sitting in my garage waiting to swap in place of my MT82. No pump or cooler but still an upgrade all around over the MT82. You could get a cooler equipped 2016 Track or 2017 or later TR3160 setup to swap into a GT but it's not cheap, about $3K minimum in parts alone out of a wrecked GT350. The rev matching, cooler equipped TR3160 in the Mach 1, no way for a GT owner to duplicate that though. Same goes for the MagneRide system, no way for a GT owner to upgrade their conventional strut/shocks to duplicate the MagneRide system. I'm afraid a Handling Package equipped Mach 1 isn't going to be far from the GT350 price point. I'm guessing it will be in the neighborhood of $57k.

Two months ago when Carvana offered me $30k for my 23k mile 2015 I was very tempted to sell it, that's what I paid for it two and a half years ago when it only had 7k miles, but I would have been jumping in blind with no idea what the Mach 1 was going to list for or if there would be any chance of getting one at MSRP. I have take-home work car so I only drive my personal car after work or on the weekend. I have the GT and a Wrangler so I would have still had my Wrangler to drive but I really did't want to be without a Mustang for 6 months waiting for the earliest possible delivery of a Mach 1. Even if I could get the Mach 1 ordered on the first day for invoice, which there's no way that's going to happen, that would be $55k on a $57k MSRP. That's a minimum of $25k+TTL out of pocket on top of the incredible $30k offer from Carvana for my 2015 and a minimum 6 month wait. Realistically it would probably be a 9-12 month wait and $27k+TTL out of pocket.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jake_zx2

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
^^thats pretty much exactly what I did. Carvana offered me a good amount for mine, and I went and sold it private party for more using their offer as leverage. Now I’m waiting to order a Mach 1 that I’m now finding out I might not even be able to get because of the allocation program

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
^^thats pretty much exactly what I did. Carvana offered me a good amount for mine, and I went and sold it private party for more using their offer as leverage. Now I’m waiting to order a Mach 1 that I’m now finding out I might not even be able to get because of the allocation program
If the total Mach 1 production is close to the total Shelby production, about 7800 2020 GT350/500 combined, then a 2-3 per dealer allocation of Mach 1s for 2021 with might be correct if there are about 8000 Mach 1s produced. The last figure I could find, 2017, said there were over 3,000 Ford dealers in the country.
Sponsored