1 of 1 ...................???????

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Or aftermarket they may have made it so it would accommodate both right feel like I had to do something to make them work I just can't think of what it is. I know there is at least one other person on this forum that has changed to the GT tail lights also. Hopefully they will chime in
There is one piece of the housing (there’s a piece on top that just snaps on/off) that has to be transferred over, but beyond that I’m not sure. I’m sure there’s enough folks that have done the swap that will hopefully chime in like you said.
Sponsored

93_SVT_3503

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
1993 Mustang Cobra, 1967 F250 HighboyS
Fords QC has been terrible and moving downhill the last several years, that's why they supposedly had a recent revamp. Mismatched headlights, badges, seats, paint issues, etc. I think the Bronco rollout is what finally triggered them to do something.

BR SEATS.jpg

One D-ring not drilled out

BR D RING.jpeg

Inside of tailgate wasn't painted

BR PAINT.jpg

Roof sections are a few shades off.

BR 2 COLORS.jpg

Brutal

explr.jpg

I just saw a video a few weeks ago of a guy picking up his new 7.3L Godzillla Super Duty and it had Powerstroke badges on it. How many dozens of people see these before they're loaded for shipping, and it still happens regularly.

Mismatched Recaros

1714062271897-4d.png

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Fords QC has been terrible and moving downhill the last several years, that's why they supposedly had a recent revamp. Mismatched headlights, badges, seats, paint issues, etc. I think the Bronco rollout is what finally triggered them to do something.

BR SEATS.jpg

BR D RING.jpeg

BR PAINT.jpg

BR 2 COLORS.jpg

Brutal

explr.jpg

I just saw a video a few weeks ago of a guy picking up his new 7.3L Godzillla Super Duty and it had Powerstroke badges on it. How many dozens of people see these before they're loaded for shipping, and it still happens regularly.

Mismatched Recaros

1714062271897-4d.png
Diversity and inclusion paying off 10 fold

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe it was done on purpose?
Screenshot_20240425_092936_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
So yes, there is a adapter harness (at least for some) that is needed to swap GT style tail lights into a gt350. So unless the wiring has changed for the newer 350's, this did not happen at the factory.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/18-mustang-taillights-on-a-18-gt350.113076/page-2
Good find on the thread. So the car in the OP is FP Blue, which was a 2020 only color for the 350 (and 500). They may have changed the wiring for the 350 at that point so it was just plug and play. That could explain the mismatched tails since the 350 was using the old style tails but every other S550 rolling down the line was using the new style. Someone grabbed the wrong one for one side. Either that or it was done on purpose per your other post with the screenshot. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Bronco is/was a complete QC shitshow. I've been on the boards for them for several years and, long story short, I ordered and bought another Jeep instead last year. Waiting to see what Bronco V2.0 brings.

tangermean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Gt350, 68 Coupe
Good find on the thread. So the car in the OP is FP Blue, which was a 2020 only color for the 350 (and 500). They may have changed the wiring for the 350 at that point so it was just plug and play. That could explain the mismatched tails since the 350 was using the old style tails but every other S550 rolling down the line was using the new style. Someone grabbed the wrong one for one side. Either that or it was done on purpose per your other post with the screenshot. 🤷🏻‍♂️
FP blue was 2019 and 2020 I have a 2019 FP GT350 and was wondering while reading if the pigtails on the 18+ gt350's were updated when if and when they did the tail light swap for the s550 in 2018.

I'm not sure which makes more sense, continue using 15-17 harnesses in the gt350 to keep the older tail lights, or put in the new harness and have to have an adaptor or different harness on the 15-17 taillights to fit. Or why didn't Ford just use the newer taillights when they switched in 2018? I realize the head lights would require a new front end, but the rears are the same dimensions just the lenses are angled at the top and bottom and not straight.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
FP blue was 2019 and 2020 I have a 2019 FP GT350 and was wondering while reading if the pigtails on the 18+ gt350's were updated when if and when they did the tail light swap for the s550 in 2018.

I'm not sure which makes more sense, continue using 15-17 harnesses in the gt350 to keep the older tail lights, or put in the new harness and have to have an adaptor or different harness on the 15-17 taillights to fit. Or why didn't Ford just use the newer taillights when they switched in 2018? I realize the head lights would require a new front end, but the rears are the same dimensions just the lenses are angled at the top and bottom and not straight.
Ah yes, forgot FP Blue was 2019 also.

Yeah good question as to why they didn’t use the new taillight design in 2018+. Maybe trying to keep the GT350’s all the same? You’d think there would be some cost efficiencies to transition over to the new design but maybe they got the same cost for sticking with the 15-17 design. I’m assuming whoever makes their taillights did both versions.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
A factory fuck-up isn't the same as an ordered option when it comes to rarity....

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Some of those pics are clearly not issues from the factory.

BR SEATS.jpg

BR D RING.jpeg

BR PAINT.jpg

BR 2 COLORS.jpg

Brutal

explr.jpg

Mismatched Recaros

1714062271897-4d.png

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
My wife has a 22 Badland with the sasquatch package and the hardtop. Cosmetically fit and finish is very good. Mechanically the only thing that’s been done is a couple minor recalls, reprogram and a rear whiper motor(it still functioned correctly). I was on the bronco forum as well, not any longer. Got tired of the house wifes(male and female) that constantly complained because it wasn’t like there suv. The big one was the road noise. There not suv’s. And it’s not loud, just not as quiet as an suv. Just like the jeeps aren’t. There were supplier issue’s(webasto and the roof was a big one)in the beginning that have been rectified. I looked at jeeps to before I bought this. Jeep and actually every manufacturer was having supplier issue’s as well as employee issues at the time due to all the nonsense going on.

Bronco is/was a complete QC shitshow. I've been on the boards for them for several years and, long story short, I ordered and bought another Jeep instead last year. Waiting to see what Bronco V2.0 brings.
Sponsored